Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 851 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF happened to the check?

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I asked him about the cheque (as I was curious as to who it was made out to) and he told me that it did not come with the cheque. I am not sure what that means exactly (was it lost, never had one, the donor kept it...) who knows. I just know that it surely changes the value of the item as far as I am concerned.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It makes it less valuable, but only less valuable than if it did have the check. The circumstances of the auction and King's involvement make it an intriguing and one of a kind (not even a handful) item. Still, I have no intention of pursuing it.

Country
    Country Flag

I feel the same way. I did find the idea of having a book signed by BOTH King and his deceased pseudonym much more intriguing however!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    I asked him about the cheque (as I was curious as to who it was made out to) and he told me that it did not come with the cheque. I am not sure what that means exactly (was it lost, never had one, the donor kept it...) who knows. I just know that it surely changes the value of the item as far as I am concerned.
    the missing check makes it less desirable for me. do we know the # of the book? we can all take our copies and get them signed and save $1600

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think we know the number because the number is the cheque number.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

From my read on this item, It sounded like the person who donated it had worked for the company which made them. My assumption was it was not one of the official ltd signed ones and thus would not have a check. King signed it to give some added value. I guess I need to reread the information I originally saw about it.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    From my read on this item, It sounded like the person who donated it had worked for the company which made them. My assumption was it was not one of the official ltd signed ones and thus would not have a check. King signed it to give some added value. I guess I need to reread the information I originally saw about it.
    An anonymous donor gave the book after inheriting it from the Minnesota bookbinder who made it. Tim Clark died in 2006, after a well-lived life that included working on space research at the University of Iowa, photography and art, as well as hand-binding books.

“This was something that he certainly would support,” his widow, Ginny Clark of Maple Grove, Minn., said this week. “Helping people less fortunate was always [his passion]. Whether he was out there helping them build something, or helping our domestic violence centers, he was just a pretty incredible human being. He cared about people.”

Tim Clark left that book to a friend with Maine connections, she said, adding that her husband considered the chance to work on a limited-edition Stephen King book a unique and great opportunity.

“He was lucky to have acquired that book,” she said. “He would be so pleased that it was going to help people less fortunate and getting them some fuel for their fire. It’s very, very cool. Someone will cherish that book, I’m sure.”

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It sounds as if it has the box, but no check (as Explorer said, from someone who worked for the company making the book). If it is in VF+ condition (book AND box), it would be a cool item for <$1K, not for $2K.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It sounds as if it has the box, but no check (as Explorer said, from someone who worked for the company making the book). If it is in VF+ condition (book AND box), it would be a cool item for <$1K, not for $2K.
    yep: looks like box and no check but signed and dated (as King rather than Bachman)
    http://www.wabi.tv/news/36483/rare-s...elp-heat-homes
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I know... here are some Carlos Ruiz Zafon & Patrick Rothfuss fans...

The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
    unique leather-bound, hand-illustrated, double-signed!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/The-Shadow-of...item4d08695db7

The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss - The Wise Man´s Fear

http://www.ebay.de/itm/The-Name-of-t...item4d086909fe

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love that!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    I know... here are some Carlos Ruiz Zafon & Patrick Rothfuss fans...

The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

http://www.ebay.de/itm/The-Shadow-of...item4d08695db7

The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss - The Wise Man´s Fear

http://www.ebay.de/itm/The-Name-of-t...item4d086909fe

Very nice items! Regardind The Wind, i love the "unique" and then "1 of 5"...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, both books are AMAZING.
    First time ever that i see an 2x remarqued Rothfuss set. .

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The book looks numbered twice. Did they take a Sub Press limited and have it rebound? If so, not as unique IMO.

Love the VC drawing,

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the listing: Only five copies of the already beautiful edition by Subterranean Press were bound in sumptuous burgundy-red goat leather, title, top edge and decors in gilt, raised bands on spine.

Yes, looks like a rebind in leather.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The signature on this one looks ok to me but what i found interesing is part of the description, see below, the underlined and bolded type. This is talking about From a Buick 8.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/From-A-Buick...item337f00b217

This copy is very prominently, neatly, and beautifully signed in black fountain pen on the title page by Stephen King. It is signed directly on the page, not on a tipped-in page or a bookplate. Impeccable Provenance will be provided with the copy. This title remains available in multiple subsequent printings and is now very highly collectible. Some, not all, of Stephen King's novels are collectible, this being one of them. This is one of few signed copies of the First American Edition/First Printing still available online and is in fine condition: Clean, crisp, and bright, a vintage beauty. The Deluxe Edition (produced by the author himself) commands almost $4000.Copies of this edition command as much as $2000. This is a handsome and accessible alternative to both. A rare signed copy thus. One of the most influential popular American writers of the 20th century. A fine collectible copy. ISBN 0743211375. ID-14703.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hyperbole.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I've also noticed that when King signs a Bachman book, he usually put a line through the Bachman name on the page.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    The signature on this one looks ok to me but what i found interesing is part of the description, see below, the underlined and bolded type. This is talking about From a Buick 8.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/From-A-Buick...item337f00b217

This copy is very prominently, neatly, and beautifully signed in black fountain pen on the title page by Stephen King. It is signed directly on the page, not on a tipped-in page or a bookplate. Impeccable Provenance will be provided with the copy. This title remains available in multiple subsequent printings and is now very highly collectible. Some, not all, of Stephen King's novels are collectible, this being one of them. This is one of few signed copies of the First American Edition/First Printing still available online and is in fine condition: Clean, crisp, and bright, a vintage beauty. The Deluxe Edition (produced by the author himself) commands almost $4000.Copies of this edition command as much as $2000. This is a handsome and accessible alternative to both. A rare signed copy thus. One of the most influential popular American writers of the 20th century. A fine collectible copy. ISBN 0743211375. ID-14703.
    I am no expert, but that sig doesn't look quite right to me!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-H...item19d78b52a6

Different and for the completist....

EDIT: Man, that's how you are thorough in an Ebay listing too!
    Last edited by CurtSeattle; 01-05-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: .

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-H...item19d78b52a6

Different and for the completist....
    WOW!!! That is one seriously cool book!!!!

Is that our own SGC1999 who is the seller?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 851 ... LastLast