Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1756

Thread: Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. That is King's short story in the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    and lastly my two remarques in my copies of Name of the Wind. If you like fantasy and haven't read these yet, I strongly encourage you to read them. They are amazing. Donato's sketch art floors me. Especially the 2nd remarque. Im drawn to his art so much. I even purchased an original drawing of his. He is my favorite for good reason but I will admit that after being introduced to some of the great artists that work on SK novels, well there are a couple that I think are gaining on him in my eyes

Here is the 1st remarque. It's the green man, one of the covers for the book.

and here is my favorite remarque. He really nailed the character with this remarque

These drawings are just gorgeous. Donato is one of my idols :-) Thanks for posting these.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Someting supernice from Vinny Chong...

Stephen King
    Goes to the Movies

Low Men in Yellow Coats remarque from Vincent Chong

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Frank
    Nice Yellow Man!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are cool drawings, guys.

I've never heard of Donato, but I like the artwork.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and lastly my two remarques in my copies of Name of the Wind. If you like fantasy and haven't read these yet, I strongly encourage you to read them. They are amazing. Donato's sketch art floors me. Especially the 2nd remarque. Im drawn to his art so much. I even purchased an original drawing of his. He is my favorite for good reason but I will admit that after being introduced to some of the great artists that work on SK novels, well there are a couple that I think are gaining on him in my eyes

Here is the 1st remarque. It's the green man, one of the covers for the book.

and here is my favorite remarque. He really nailed the character with this remarque

Oh good Lord, I love those remarques in NotW. I really, really, wish they had stuck with Donato for the covers for the series. The generic crap/photo/shadows that are on the books now are terrible. And yeah, that series is currently my favorite fantasy being published right now. Amazing stuff.

I lucked my way into a green man variant first edition of NotW for just a tad above retail. I'm going to have to look into getting it remaqued as well. Just wish now I had gotten the Kvothe variant at the same time.

Love 'em. Congrats!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=thegreattim;848870]

Oh good Lord, I love those remarques in NotW. I really, really, wish they had stuck with Donato for the covers for the series. The generic crap/photo/shadows that are on the books now are terrible. And yeah, that series is currently my favorite fantasy being published right now. Amazing stuff.

I lucked my way into a green man variant first edition of NotW for just a tad above retail. I'm going to have to look into getting it remaqued as well. Just wish now I had gotten the Kvothe variant at the same time.

Love 'em. Congrats!
    Yeah they are pretty special to me and I fully agree, I wish he would have continued to do the cover art. I have a Nate Taylor remarque for my WMF copy since he at least did the maps so there is some association. I'm going to see Pat in a couple of weeks and one of the items on my list to talk to him about is bringing back Donato to do the cover for DoS. There is a story behind the Kvothe cover and they probably went with the photo images due to ease.

I'm not sure if Donato is doing any more remarques but I have a direct line to Nate Taylor if you ever want anything remarqued by him. You can see a few examples of his WMF remarques over at analectabooks.com

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are wonderful. So how do you go about getting a Donato remarque (let's say in my 1st signed NOTW w/Kvothe cover)?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well here is my lastest remarque. My first remarque done in a Stephen King book. I love it!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful. Congratulations!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well here is my lastest remarque. My first remarque done in a Stephen King book. I love it!

That is a real beauty! I envy it!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Did you give him the idea for the composition?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Meh, It doesn't have the stark contrast, deep introspection, naked artistry or, striking imagery and detail as mine.

Spoiler:
    I'm kidding, of course!!! Freaking awesome drawing, Aron!!!!

Spoiler:
    Edit: BTW, I am also kind of honored that our remarques share a certain amount of similarity and contrast. Mine is not as detailed and is B/W, but a very familiar scene. The guy is good!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A very good friend from the German SK Forum was so kind to ask JOHANN PETERKA for a small drawing at the Marburg Con. Think every one knows Mr. Peterka from his amazing drawings for the Die Augen Des Drachen/Eyes of the Dragon Portfolio from Edition Phantasia.

What i get from Mr. Peterka is AMAZING !!!

2x signed and dated DinA4 drawing from JOHANN PETERKA

My drawing left, the other drawing is a copy from an other drawing from Mr. Peterka.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, that's not just a small drawing, that's a straight up piece of art he did for you. Your friend from the other board must have really sweet talked him for that much time and effort put in. I wish I could get to more cons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    A very good friend from the German SK Forum was so kind to ask JOHANN PETERKA for a small drawing at the Marburg Con. Think every one knows Mr. Peterka from his amazing drawings for the Die Augen Des Drachen/Eyes of the Dragon Portfolio from Edition Phantasia.

What i get from Mr. Peterka is AMAZING !!!

2x signed and dated DinA4 drawing from JOHANN PETERKA

My drawing left, the other drawing is a copy from an other drawing from Mr. Peterka.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Awesome! Did you give him the idea for the composition?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Matt, I gave him a couple of scenarios and we agreed on this one. I told him that I was interested in the China Pit and the true nature of the Tak. There are only a few scenes available with the Tak in it's original form so this is what he did. It is similar to Merlin's Tak Attack remarque but still different and it's own unique remarque. I love it!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Low Men in Yellow Coats remarque from Vincent Chong
    Frank, you stole mine!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My Newest Remarque! I like it!

Don Maitz in a Desperation Gift Edition

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    My Newest Remarque! I like it!

Don Maitz in a Desperation Gift Edition

Wonderful!!!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is sweet, indeed!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like Don's artwork. Those are both great!

Stockerlone, I don't know that artist, but that detailed piece is cool.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Not King...
    but i realy like the drawing style from Klaus Scherwinski.
    He also worked for the US Heavy Metal Magazine and
    IDWs: The Transformers, G.I. Joe..

UNGEHEUER 2
    Weissblech Comics
    limited 100/100 signed remarqued from the illustrator Klaus Scherwinski

WeissblechComics
    http://klausscherwinski.de/

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - Joyland
    signed and remarqued PL sc from Vincent Chong

Because Vinny did not know the story i told him the most important.
    The razor knive was my idea, and i realy like the result

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Frank!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast