Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Father Cody

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Had a hard time finding this not exorbitantly priced, but finally found one.

This has been on my list for a few months! Pretty sure it was because of someone here but I can't remember the post...

And yes, all the copies everywhere are expensive, regardless of edition... congrats for finding a nice price and not hesitating to pull the trigger!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

According to ON WRITING by Stephen King, the correct title for that book would be LET'S GO PLAY AT THE ADAMS'S, with which I agree.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    According to ON WRITING by Stephen King, the correct title for that book would be LET'S GO PLAY AT THE ADAMS'S, with which I agree with.
    So sayeth Strunk & White

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Adamses is plural for Adams. An apostrophe denotes possession or omission. Someone must not read Chicago Manual.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

But wouldn't the apostrophe denote the Adams's residence?
    The title implies 'Let's go play at the Adams's house.', doesn't it?
    Now I've got to read the darn book I guess!

I never heard of Strunk & White or Chicago Manual, as you can probably tell. I just make these things up as I go along...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oops. When I said "Someone must not read Chicago Manual" I intended to mean Mr. King.

If the house is implied, then wouldn't it be the "Adamses's" ?

I stand corrected! Even though I'm currently sitting down.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Adam !!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nic one, man. What's it lie? I've heard mixed things. I found a really cheap copy locally and it got lost in the mail!

They are not cheap on E-Bay. I looked for one.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    This has been on my list for a few months! Pretty sure it was because of someone here but I can't remember the post...

And yes, all the copies everywhere are expensive, regardless of edition... congrats for finding a nice price and not hesitating to pull the trigger!!
    The frustrating thing is a few months ago there was one for around $50 USD but I had to pass. The day I decided to finally pull the trigger that one was gone and the only one close to $50 had a $20 shipping fee. I asked the seller if he could use a cheaper shipping method but he declined the request. Finally I checked Abe (I wish I would remember to do that more often) and found this, the true first edition, for $100 with free shipping. Figured the higher price was worth it for the first edition, although I think I like the paperback edition with the doll head better!

So sayeth Strunk & White
    Strunk & White hath spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Adamses is plural for Adams. An apostrophe denotes possession or omission. Someone must not read Chicago Manual.
    These kind of grammar technicalities make peoples’ head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats Adam !!!
    Thank you, Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Nic one, man. What's it lie? I've heard mixed things. I found a really cheap copy locally and it got lost in the mail!
    I remember you saying that. Damn! I haven’t read it yet but I’ll get back to you on it. I just learned today that it’s based on the same case that Ketchum’s “The Girl Next Door” was.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    They are not cheap on E-Bay. I looked for one.
    Even copies in poor shape are pricey. That and how much I kept hearing about this book made me think it must be good.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Finally completed this “Trilogy of Horror” set by Charles L. Grant. I got a little out of hand with one of the books but it was a fun process, and it led to me getting my first #1 (and #2)!

The order form is from a new copy of “The Drawing of the Three.” Just thought it was a cool add-on to this display of obsessive compulsive disorder.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a hard time finding this not exorbitantly priced, but finally found one.

I recommend this book. I thought it was a great story. Lord of the Flies meets the Berkshires. Read this a long time ago and still recall it as a great read.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Lord of the Flies meets the Berkshires. Read this a long time ago and still recall it as a great read.
    I’ve read neither of those. I know I’m missing out on Lord of the Flies but never heard of the Berkshires. Who’s the author?

I've read LORD OF THE FLIES.

I think George Harrison wrote a song about it.

My Mood
    Chatty

Who’s George Harrison?

Spoiler:
    Kidding.. did I make you feel old?

Age is just a number, and my number says I'm old.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Adam on the Grants!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I haven't read any Grant, but that looks like a cool set. Congrats, Adam!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Adam on the Grants!
    Thanks, Brian! I’m pretty proud of these. Have you read any of his stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I haven't read any Grant, but that looks like a cool set. Congrats, Adam!
    Thanks, Peter! If you ever decide to try him, I’d love to hear what you think.

My Mood
    Chatty

Probably time to stop procrastinating and get more shelves.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Brian! I’m pretty proud of these. Have you read any of his stuff?
    I haven't, Adam. BTW, you're inbox is full.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Shelves and money. The two things the collector never has enough of.

My Mood
    Chatty

Ha! Tell me about it. Maybe self control, too. For some of us, at least (myself included!).

Thanks for the heads up. I cleared my messages.

Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Tell me about it. Maybe self control, too. For some of us, at least (myself included!).

Thanks for the heads up. I cleared my messages.
    Control is definitely an illusion.

Message incoming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast