Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: LokiJake

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love reading the story of your acquisitions - and welcome to the forum. The gaiman books look great - I have me copy of neverwhere traveling from across the pond and should be here in a few days
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jake!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic Jake. Good luck with the final piece..!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I assume you have seen this, but just in case you haven't
    Song of Susannah #51 being auctioned on ebay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/381996732241
    After seeing so many amazing posts and collections here, I'm sure everyone here understands that sometimes you have amazing days even with a limited collection like I have. Receiving my CK sculpture, Gunslinger #51 and my 1st set of books when i started collection come to mine for me. It's also an amazing bonus to share those days with people on this site who get it.

When I acquired #51 set early last year, two of the books had already been sold. I asked the seller Departed Books to reach out to the buyers of Wizard and Glass and Song of Susannah a few times and in both cases there was no response. When Anthony/firemonkey66-hope i have your name right- (awesome, amazing, grateful pop in my head) posted on my thread that #51 for Song of Susannah was on ebay, I was able to reach out the the seller to have him end his listing and do a deal (via ebay so he wouldn't get penalized) where he would sell it to me outright since i didn't want to take a chance of it being sold to someone else (or wait). I purchased on Sunday and it arrived today. After a couple of glasses of wine to enjoy the moment, I opened package and am now only one book away from completing the set. It was in plastic and the seller only unwrapped to put covers on dust jacket as he had planned on keeping; it is in perfect condition.

I reached out to the seller of the original set again to forward a somewhat ridiculous offer to the buyer of Wizard and Glass #51 (including offering to physically travel there so he can inspect trades i'm offering so no worries about mailing). That aside it's a great day where i can cross out one of my two wanted books in my signature and halfway to filling the two missing slots. I have #293 and Publisher's copy of SOS, but the #51 is more valuable to me then both of them combined. I'm stoked/happy/on cloud 9 tonight with the full bottle of wine almost finished

That's awesome! I'm so glad you got it, just one more to go! I'll keep an eye out for that one as well
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Thanks to Jerome's remodel deals, I picked up audio cassettes wrapped in plastic of DTI and II (he threw in unwrapped Wastelands). I'm going to be adding more history books, some for reading others for display, so his copy of The Constitution Limited Edition was a nice acquisition for me. It's big, but I figured out a way to temporarily display. With the newborn some day being able to move around, I'm guessing this area is going to be replaced by a tall locked behind glass bookshelf and my dragons (an artist friend did it in tattoo dot technique if you're wondering) will have to be moved somewhere. He included some fresh reading material for me pictured, including IN MiNT CondITioN since I took 2 months off work to hang with the kid

As an amazing bonus, I got to see some cool stuff in his eye popping collection. Thanks Jerome so much for showing me so many things that i'll never have!

I also acquired some other pieces i'll post as soon as Michael's is done framing them.

Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice! I don't think I've seen those audio books before. Nice dragon artwork too!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jake!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a very nice DT room! 8)

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I made some changes to my home office setup (again) so I could accommodate a Billy shelf picked up from IKEA last week. The black metal Tennesco shelf went out to the garage giving me more storage there. I really liked my Dragons, but they had to go to the garage as well since Billy is about 7'h. I was going to use some lights that Jerome recommended, but the cord isn't long enough so have plans to have electrician put some more led cans in ceiling and am toying with the idea to have him wire some led lighting in cabinets and putting to a switch. As a side note, am going to have my windows in office and front doors filmed to give protection to this side of the room since i have more stuff exposed to sunlight.

I've arranged my #51 DT collection (except IV which is #229) with my extra #96 Wastelands and PC SOS on the corner of my desk with one of Rachel Readman's Constant Readers. This has cleared a large section of desk for more books possibly. The other constant reader and rest of existing collection went into the case.

While I've been rearranging, I've made some new acquisitions. After picking up Regulators Power Wagon print from Jerome on one of his Remodel deals, I worked with local Michaels again who came up with a great frame.

I picked up The Regulators #323 box, a second Gunslinger 1st edition, 2nd printing (Fine condition) and an amazing Gunslinger Metal Case with artwork (holding my 1st edition, 1st printing). Special thanks to Jerome for facilitating these. I also need to thank Chad (aka cit74) who gave me a tour of his collection and parted with signed End of Watch, Skeleton Crew Slipcase PC edition, #241 Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and limited edition Fearie Tales. It was a nice evening yesterday when I finally got everything put together and placed. I also have much more room now for additions even though I told the wife I would be slowing down on acquisitions for a bit (I think I just told her that a couple of months ago)

Wanted:

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stylish!
    That metal Gunslinger case is awesome...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff!. The green layer of matting on the framing of The Regulators print/label makes it pop.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I am suitably impressed as all get out. That looks like a room to live in! Who is The Regulators check made out to?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I am suitably impressed as all get out. That looks like a room to live in! Who is The Regulators check made out to?
    It should be made out to Rita Blakemor for $22.00 for 'Seconal'
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Stunning all around. Congratulations!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good work! I love what you did with the regualtors artwork!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!!! Really special display and a very nice haul, my friend!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice set up, Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Wanted:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Upthread you said #60. Looks like you have #323

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Upthread you said #60. Looks like you have #323
    Probably because I've been drinking wine again all day just like yesterday (you can see the wine glass in office pic) Corrected on posting
    Wanted:

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice shelving and set up. Was a pleasure meeting you the other day and just keep telling your wife those boxes are empty...these are not the books you are looking for.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Had to look that one up - didn't recognise the name at first
    For those that want to know...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great set-up. I like seeing the evolution of this collection (and office)...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had to look that one up - didn't recognise the name at first
    For those that want to know...
    Those checks are pure brilliance eh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast