Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa?

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Secret Santa?

I know it's late in the year to suggest this, and forgive me if this topic has been discussed before or elsewhere, but would anyone be interested in participating in Secret Santa?

My thoughts were to keep the costs low, perhaps a $20-$40 range? And perhaps try and match members who're within the same country to cut down on shipping time and costs.

I don't really know how to best organize this, I've just participated in these on other collectors forums (classic gaming, primarily) and always really enjoyed it.

Thoughts welcomed

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think this would be so fun. lol As silly as it sounds... I am in. I think we would all have a laugh.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fifty six views ( and counting ) and only one reply. Not off to the very best start. I appreciate the enthusiasm though Webstar1000

We'll see who else jumps on board over the next day or two and if it seems like we have enough, or hell even a few that we can match up, we will.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We would probably get better gifts from each other than the rest of our families. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    We would probably get better gifts from each other than the rest of our families. haha
    Aint that the truth.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I would participate

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I would participate
    Three and counting!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, i'm in. I have an item and a member in mind already.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Supposed to be SECRET Santa, you're not supposed to pick your partner Mind you... If they didn't know you were playing Santa, it could still be a secret I suppose.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Supposed to be SECRET Santa, you're not supposed to pick your partner Mind you... If they didn't know you were playing Santa, it could still be a secret I suppose.
    OK so how do you envision it working? Gotta be by region as postage costs could be an issue. Put all names in a hat and you PM who you need to buy for?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I think that would be the plan. Names in a hat for each region/country, assuming we have enough of each to pair people off, and I would send everyone involved a PM informing them of who they would be shipping to. If we got it together say by the first week of December, we could get the gifts out on time for Christmas, or close enough.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can facilitate. People volunteer, and I will randomly choose who they get to be a secret Santa for. I would Pair US volunteers together, and international together.
    If we get at least a dozen volunteers we could do it.
    I would provide the shipping info, and everything can just come from Santa Claus 1919 Lollipop Lane, The North Pole. Earth.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in as well. Cool idea!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I can facilitate. People volunteer, and I will randomly choose who they get to be a secret Santa for. I would Pair US volunteers together, and international together.
    If we get at least a dozen volunteers we could do it.
    I would provide the shipping info, and everything can just come from Santa Claus 1919 Lollipop Lane, The North Pole. Earth.
    I'm all for you manning the ship, if you want to take the helm. Consider me just a willing member then.

Country
    Country Flag

Where is Merlin? And Mullins? They would be fun to have in on this!!!! I already have my gift idea Depends on who I get though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I am in!!! Yankee memorabilia needed!! LOL This is a great idea!!! Let me know if I can help in any way!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in.....whoever gets my name, I could use a winning lottery ticket right now.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

This sounds fun. I'm in!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As of now I have 4 international (Non-USA), and 3 USA members committed.
    Let's give it until 12/7/2014. If enough members join in, I'll PM everyone with a request for their address, as well as alerting them as to who they need to send a "Secret Santa" item to.
    Key points:
    • Preferably Stephen King related.
    • Less than $25$25-$50 including shipping. Bonus points for originality/imaginative gifts. You know the recipient, judge what might surprise them.
    • Light is cheap. A 4lb. book inside the USA via media mail is ~$5 to ship. International will bust the budget.
    • Anonymous. Let the recipient guess later in this thread as to the sender.
    Did I miss something?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey I'm in as well

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

IŽam of cause IN !!!
    Have just bought some stuff for the German Horror Forum Secret Santa/Julklapp...

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in,

Sounds like fun, I've got plenty of items to use as gifts.

Along the Path of the Beam coderedx is on a distinguished road

I'm in as well! (Missouri, USA)
    For Sale:
    Shivers I, III, and VII - $50 for All 3 - Numbers I and III are signed by some of the authors.

Wanted:
    Full Dark, No Stars Gift Edition
    Centipede Press Salem's Lot Gift Edition

Country
    Country Flag

I think its a great idea. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast