Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Bill-

Are you OK with a thread name change so that this becomes the Marvel Universe thread?
    Sure!! Whatever you think is best!! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I loved Guardians too. Probably the most fun I had at the movies all year. Before the film came out, I said it was going to be a good test for Marvel. It was based on a comic book that isn't exactly well known, starring a fairly unknown actor. Needless to say, it was a fantastic film that raked in tons of money. A success indeed.

Now, with Ant-Man soon to be released, I feel somewhat the same way. Ant-Man will prove how unbreakable Marvel really is. Obviously, it's not going to be Avengers and I don't expect it to beat Guardians either, but I do believe it will be very representative. Then again, one of these days Marvel is going to swing and miss. Ant-Man might just be that movie.
    It very well could be, but from what I understand it is crucial to developing future storylines. They had a trailer for it for "Avengers" and I was uncertain at best. They do seem to be not taking themselves too seriously, good thing considering the premise, but as I understand it, Pym has to be introduced to further future storylines. We shall see. It does sound a bit "stupid", but I'll reserve judgement for now.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just saw "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and man, what a film!!!! Loads of action, new heroes, plot and visuals!!! Any discussion? Good or bad? Obviously, I loved it and can't wait for more!!!
    Ditto! Thought is was great!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I firmly believe that the film that breaks Marvel's high water mark will be whatever film immediately succeeds their first critical 'flop' (an you can really only use this term loosely), whatever that film happens to be; once the reverie over Marvel's perceived invincible streak is shattered, we could see a relative drop in Marvel's box office.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I firmly believe that the film that breaks Marvel's high water mark will be whatever film immediately succeeds their first critical 'flop' (an you can really only use this term loosely), whatever that film happens to be; once the reverie over Marvel's perceived invincible streak is shattered, we could see a relative drop in Marvel's box office.

I know everyone is anticipating that "Flop", but so far they are golden and other than possibly "Ant-Man" I don't see any takers for the flop in the offing. They really seem to have it down to a science especially, with Whedon at the helm of the crucial films. As I see it, the danger would be in trying to expand to fast and out side the main story line. Win battles, Marvel. Not wars!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whenever I talk to friends about Ant-Man, I get the same reacting - "Ehh." That's kind of a worrisome sign.

That being said, one of my favorite movies growing up as a kid was Innerspace.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I saw AVENGERS THE AGE OF ULTRON in 3D IMAX today and enjoyed it very much. Not enough action though.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Not enough action though.

For real?

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To be fair, just about everyone said the same thing about Guardians that they are about Ant-Man. I would have loved it if Edgar Wright were still attached, but I am still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Marvel is peaking right now; I doubt they'd let a stinker through with so much riding on the line. They've got 10 more movies lined up through 2019!

I saw AOU twice this weekend. Needless to say I really enjoyed it. Not quite as good as the first one (you'll never beat it's novelty), but pretty damn close.
    Last edited by killjoy72; 05-04-2015 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Spoilers

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    To be fair, just about everyone said the same thing about Guardians that they are about Ant-Man. I would have loved it if Edgar Wright were still attached, but I am still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Marvel is peaking right now; I doubt they'd let a stinker through with so much riding on the line. They've got 10 more movies lined up through 2019!

I saw AOU twice this weekend. Needless to say I really enjoyed it.
    Spoiler:
    rNot quite as good as the first one (you'll never beat it's novelty), but pretty damn close. I enjoyed the fleshing out of some of the other characters. This one kinda feels like Empire Strikes Back to me; more of an in between story, spending much of its time setting things up for future films: the doom of mankind, Hulk is now missing (please do Planet Hulk!), new members join, more Infinity Stones, Tony leaves, etc. As an unabashed comic fan, I'm am loving this. Truly the Marvel Age of cinema!
    SPOILER DUDE>.. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.... three hours away from seeing it.. and you ruin it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Kris!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Kris!
    I only seen the Hulk thing... and realized what was up... I shut my eyes and pushed my seat back. Then got my secretary to close the thread. lol No biggie, I can deal.haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Good save!

So, how does everyone rank the MCU thus far?
    Mine, from Favorite to Least:

Avengers
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
    Captain America 2: Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 2 (I never understood the hate for this one)
    Iron Man
    Captain America: First Avenger
    Incredible Hulk
    Thor 2: Dark World
    Thor
    Iron Man 3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll rank them as soon as I get around to watching AOU.

Iron Man 2 (I never understood the hate for this one)
    Me either. It was a damn fine entry into the series.
    Now Iron Man 3, on the other hand... holy shit what a train wreck.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Sorry Kris!
    I only seen the Hulk thing... and realized what was up... I shut my eyes and pushed my seat back. Then got my secretary to close the thread. lol No biggie, I can deal.haha
    I wish I had a secretary to do shit like that for me.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just for the (broken) record, I was kidding about not enough action in the Avengers movie. I can't list my favorites from 1 to whatever, but the ones I liked the best were Wolverine Origins, the first Captain America, the first Iron man and the Hulk (the SECOND one, not the first one!). If Electra counts, that's the only one I really disliked. Oh yeah, Guardians was also excellent.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just for the (broken) record, I was kidding about not enough action in the Avengers movie. I can't list my favorites from 1 to whatever, but the ones I liked the best were Wolverine Origins, the first Captain America, the first Iron man and the Hulk (the SECOND one, not the first one!). If Electra counts, that's the only one I really disliked. Oh yeah, Guardians was also excellent.
    I had a feeling you were being sarcastic. It's hard to tell through text sometimes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know that I could rate them as yet. I feel there is too much more to come, but if I had to....

Avengers I
    Avengers II
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Iron Man I
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I suppose most of my favorites so far are the films that further the underlying story line the most as I see it, so far. I can't really seem to ID a clunker in the bunch yet, but IM III came close. Just being "Nit Picky" for a moment, but was anyone else put off a bit by the sudden romance of, Black Widow & Banner? Also, by the whole "Hulk, can't be around people" scenario, again (after the end scene of Avengers I). There seemed to be a few somewhat forced plot twists in AOU, but the film moved along so quickly it wasn't a factor to me in the viewing. I am more than willing to give them a pass, just food for discussion and speculation is all.

Also, a little help requested. In AOU four Infinity stones are referenced. Have I got this right?

1. Tesseract (Avengers I)
    2. ???? (I forget), Thor II
    3. Stone in, Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Mindstone, AOU
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

You know I like Marvel's movies... BUT I think the DC universe will be MUCH better. I really do.... they are learning from Marvel and I think what they pull together will be Epic in it's scope.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't know that I could rate them as yet. I feel there is too much more to come, but if I had to....

Avengers I
    Avengers II
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Iron Man I
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I suppose most of my favorites so far are the films that further the underlying story line the most as I see it, so far. I can't really seem to ID a clunker in the bunch yet, but IM III came close. Just being "Nit Picky" for a moment, but was anyone else put off a bit by the sudden romance of, Black Widow & Banner? Also, by the whole "Hulk, can't be around people" scenario, again (after the end scene of Avengers I). There seemed to be a few somewhat forced plot twists in AOU, but the film moved along so quickly it wasn't a factor to me in the viewing. I am more than willing to give them a pass, just food for discussion and speculation is all.

Also, a little help requested. In AOU four Infinity stones are referenced. Have I got this right?

1. Tesseract (Avengers I)
    2. ???? (I forget), Thor II
    3. Stone in, Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Mindstone, AOU
    Yep! There should be six Infinity Stones:

Soul (in the comics, this is owned by Warlock-no appearance yet)
    Mind (Loki's Scepter-AOU)
    Reality (Aether-Thor II)
    Power (The Orb-Guardians)
    Space (Tesseract)
    Time (no appearance yet)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Think next month i wanna start to view all the old Marvel Movies.
    Nick Fury - Agent of SHIELD
    Dr. Strange
    Punisher
    HOWARD THE DUCK
    and of cause the old Hulk, Cap and Spiderman movies...

Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget the Roger Cormen Fantastic Four movie from the early 90's!
    There was a Doctor Strange movie?

[QUOTE=killjoy72;919176]Don't forget the Roger Cormen Fantastic Four movie from the early 90's!
    There was a Doctor Strange movie?
    SEE POST 22^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast