Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Brian you are most kind.
    This is by no means an exercise at which I have any skills at all.
    Thank you for your patience.

Kindest regards
    Alec.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Many thanks to all for the kind remarks.
    Much appreciated.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I leave the country for a week and this thread goes to pot!

Sorry Alec, I'm back now to help with any new posts...

At Alec's request I have gone back and tidied things up. I have also deleted a couple of posts to keep things clean , so I hope nobody is too upset by this. Alec is extremely grateful to all those that helped out.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Help from everyone on this site is truly amazing.
    Becca and Brian thank you both very much for stepping in, it really is appreciated.

I have said it before, communities would benefit from learning a little more about books, collecting and the people who participate.

Thanks to all.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Had another opportunity to visit Alec and his wonderful collection today, as always a great pleasure.

I took the opportunity to photograph some more of the signed collection that seems to grow each time I see it. Here are some of the newer acquisitions and changes to the bookcases as Alec moves things around in order to get everything in!

1st US editions, all signed.

The twin Lettered Regulators have a new home...

SOD I & II Lettered join the collection

Very happy to have helped Alec out with adding to his UK S/L's...

Alec took delivery of a new lettered Anthology from David (Betts) as I arrived, he asked me to post this and pass on his thanks. It goes well next to the S/L he already owns.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another rarely seen signed copy

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So this is an interesting addition, Alec received some additional ephemera with a purchase of a S/L Skeleton crew. Included was a letter to Dick Brisson. Anybody able to shed some light on who Dick was and his relationship to JK Potter? It appears he is some kind of editor of some sort of horror periodical or magazine.

I love the fact that the letter has been written on matching paper and with a similar pen to the one used to sign the books!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    So this is an interesting addition, Alec received some additional ephemera with a purchase of a S/L Skeleton crew. Included was a letter to Dick Brisson. Anybody able to shed some light on who Dick was and his relationship to JK Potter? It appears he is some kind of editor of some sort of horror periodical or magazine.

I love the fact that the letter has been written on matching paper and with a similar pen to the one used to sign the books!
    WOW!!!! Now that is a keeper!!!! Very, very nice!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Omg wow.... wow. Wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is that (somehow) a special advance copy of CD's The Shining I see tucked in there?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"You have reached a non-working number at Macy's credit and customer services..."

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Thanks for sharing. Amazing pics/collection!
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow...

Alec - You're going to need to list your residence on the "Stephen King Tours" map...

Good afternoon St Troy.
    Yes it is a Cemetery Dance "Shining". I purchased it from the Haven Foundation auction a while ago.
    Well spotted!!

Thank you all for the comments.
    I was going to say "I'm getting there", but it never seems true!!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great stuff Alec, Congrats!!!!

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another look at an amazing collection. Thanks for sharing Alec!
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing stuff Alec, CONGRATS !!!

Thank you Matt, Andy, Frank,
    Most kind.
    Hopefully some more pieces to come in the very near future.
    Alec.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Another rarely seen signed copy

Hey is this Alec's or yours? I love BATMAN and Stephen King obviously made it out to me. It is now a must have for my collection. I can trade for a book that is made out To Karen. Don't let the dog bite. Rough shape but old signature.

It clearly says FOR GLEN Which is me!!! I wish I hadn't drunk so much in 86 and lost my copy!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Hey is this Alec's or yours?
    It's Alec's thread. All items posted are his (unless otherwise stated)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty amazing stuff...speechless

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I know of several signed before 25th November. The best is 17th October 1975, the day of release.

As far as I know, this copy below is the earliest known legit 1st edition signature....to Steve's college roommate, two weeks BEFORE publication....I also own the inscribed copy dated in SEptember 1975 but it is NOT a 1st edition making me think that copy was inscribed later on and someone convinced King to back date it....but as far as I know copy below is earliest Salem's inscription.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast