Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Scoogs

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That DUNE MESSIAH looks great!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

I love Herbert's work. That Dune looks STUNNING!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The final Wildwood book came out last week.

Pet Sematary should be shipping soon, so I may actually have a King book update in the next couple of weeks! It's been a while.
    Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Pet Sematary arrived and thankfully SubPress was able to match my copy of Christine.

Mark Twain

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good deal on having the matching PS editions - seems like quite a few didn't cos of the PS screw up that saw both CD and OCP receive non-matching copies (my Pet Sematary is intransit from the latter, and I've not been game enough to ask whether mine will match Christine or not)
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another Dune proof that was pretty difficult to track down. Then when I did finally locate one, I had to wait out an international postal strike.

Uncorrected proof of the UK/world first edition of Heretics of Dune:

Also included a proof dust jacket, which was trimmed to match the book proof. Unknown if that was done by the publisher or the original owner.
    Mark Twain

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, NICE new books !!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had these for years, but Bob's Anne Rice collection inspired me to finally pull these two off my shelf and take some photos.

Queen of the Damned:
    At 124 copies, this is possibly the smallest limitation of any regular S/L that I own.

Memnoch, lettered edition:

Mark Twain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob's collection inspired me to buy a UK 1st of Interview and it kindled my hunt for the limiteds again - damn you Bob!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BTW how much was Queen of the Damned when it was released? I've found one for $350 - is that a good deal?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    BTW how much was Queen of the Damned when it was released? I've found one for $350 - is that a good deal?
    I'm not sure what the issue price was, I didn't get my copy until 7 or 8 years ago.
    I can check my cost for you when I get home.
    The market for her books has been very soft for several years, so you can probably do better than $350.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob's collection inspired me to buy a UK 1st of Interview and it kindled my hunt for the limiteds again - damn you Bob!
    Hah! I know what you mean.
    That last few months I've been tempted to get a few of them that I used to have.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I'm not sure what the issue price was, I didn't get my copy until 7 or 8 years ago.
    The market for her books has been very soft for several years, so you can probably do better than $350.
    The others I found were $650 +

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The others I found were $650 +
    This one went for $95 back in December.
    I admit that one was pretty low. With patience, I think you could get a pretty good deal.

Just checked, I got mine for $150. That was years ago though.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Good to know. I'll keep looking.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice!! Congrats!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally getting around to posting The Shining.

Thankfully my copy has relatively limited damage...

Matching number for my copy of Dr. Sleep.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Sub Press edition of A Clash of Kings arrived today.

Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Love it Scroogs! Patiently waiting on my copy. It was in PA yesterday... hoping for arrival today! I know those lettered owners are pissed but I like getting "free" stuff.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it Scroogs! Patiently waiting on my copy. It was in PA yesterday... hoping for arrival today! I know those lettered owners are pissed but I like getting "free" stuff.
    Agreed Becca! I understand their frustration, but don't mind the extra illustration.
    It makes up for them not doing the illustrated endpapers.

Now I need to rearrange my shelves so I can fit this one with the others.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed Becca! I understand their frustration, but don't mind the extra illustration.
    It makes up for them not doing the illustrated endpapers.

Now I need to rearrange my shelves so I can fit this one with the others.
    I have the same problem - haha!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome additions, Scoogs! I love the lettered edition of Memnoch!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow it's been a while since I've updated this thread and I have several new books to post.

First up is my matching number copy of the S/L DOTT.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another new one that just arrived this week is the S/L of Frank Herbert's collection, Eye. This one is a small edition at just 175 copies and is fairly hard to find as a result. I only see one or two copies a year show up for sale.
    As far as I know, I now have all of the Frank Herbert S/L editions. This one features a Dune story, so it was a definite must have.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A few others that I've picked up over the last few months:

Rogues 1st/1st. This one was just published and includes a new Game of Thrones story.

World War Z ARC of the Cemetery Dance Edition

Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast