Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
So happy for you, Dez and congrats on scoring some of those "rare" Hill sigs
Thanks, Brian! I did put in a request for him to head to the Midwest for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
Wow, nice! Good thing he had his name-tag on so you knew who he was!
I know, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
Very happy for you! Hopefully the first of many meets with him. Julie was wondering if you were able to see/meet Diana Gabaldon?
I hope so, Chris! Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Diana Gabaldon. She was one of the three ticketed speakers, and apparently sold out very fast! Plus that pesky work-thing wouldn't allow me to drive down on Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
Can you tell us a little about the short story he read? I have heard it is very good.
Thanks
Sure! It was called "You Are Released," and was about a flight from LA to Boston that is forced to take a slight detour due to a little "flash" in Guam that registered on the Richter scale. Joe did edit it to 20 minutes, so we didn't get it all, but the story jumps from Business class, to the cockpit, to Coach (he left Coach out of our part), reacting to the news. When it the flash happens, the plane is over North Dakota, where apparently they store some nifty little things just in case we are attacked. It was great - even my boyfriend liked the story.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
Joe is great in person isn't he? I'd like to think his dad was as free with his time in his early days. Did Joe not say "Oh YOU are 'Doodle Dez',?
He was terrific. His line was way longer than any of the other authors, and yet he signed multiple books for many of his fans and took a bunch of pictures. I REALLY wanted that picture, and was so glad he did that!

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
Nice picture with Mr. Hill! I met him several years ago at a horror con in Austin, TX. The venue was across the street from my apartment, so I walked there and had him sign the few books I brought. He was really nice and even signed a few bookplates with doodles for the books of his I didn't yet have. Heart-Shaped Box is still one of the more unsettling books I've read in recent memory. Great that you got to meet him and get a few proofs signed.
Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
Nice Dez!!
Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
Cool doodles and pictures! Congratulations !
Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
Very cool. Love his note on the value increase.
Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
Good job. Joe is such a nice guy.
Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
Very cool, Dez. Like that inscription. Joe does a vest quite well...
Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
Great stuff, Dez. Glad you finally got to see Joe. He’s a top man.
Thanks all! I apparently had my excited look on my face all day, although it is slightly different from my excited about seeing King look. I imagine it's something like this: I hope I get to see him again!!!