Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    And last but not least, I got this little guy. Thanks to Bad Penny for introducing me to him!

I have one of these guys but not the lovely Green Mile set. I kicked myself for not ordering one when it was announced. Very nice!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And finally, here are the lovely gifts from Santa (or things I bought myself and then had my boyfriend wrap up and put under the tree).

First off, courtesy of a fellow DT member, is the IT Art Portfolio. I have the IT gift edition from CD, but this portfolio is gorgeous!

Second, I bought this from a member of The Collector's forum who was thinning his collection: the gift edition of Subterranean Press' The Green Mile.

I bought this copy of Knowing Darkness brand new, except it had been opened for George Beahm to sign. I ordered it off ebay from George who was terrific. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the signature because the book weighs so damn much, I'm trying to avoid messing it up. It's currently on display in my bookshelf as seen here, and that face is creeping me out!

From my father (kinda), I got this signed copy of Dolores Claiborne. This is the first time I've ever bought a signed book that was not a S/L, but I figured that if I couldn't trust David at Betts, who could I trust?

And last but not least, I got this little guy. Thanks to Bad Penny for introducing me to him!

I hope you all had as lucrative a holiday!

Wonderful! I can has?
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool that you finally got yourself a pullapart zombie Dez (the books are sweet too)
    We all float down here!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Work has been super slow, so I haven't been spending much money on books. Such a sad story, I know. I have picked up a couple things, including the Doctor Sleep slipcase and Don't Turn Down the Lights that others have posted, but nothing else King.

I did however get a lovely anniversary present: a box of books all signed by Ray Bradbury. I had to buy it--how often can you buy a BOX of signed books?! A few were duplicates to my collection, but below are the rest:

I also found this on ebay, which included the original letter to BOMC, imploring them to make it a selection. I just love finding these old proofs!

Now if only my S/L The Shining would get here!!!!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-22-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beaut Boxful of Bradbury Bounty Dez - congratulations on an awesome score !!!!
    We all float down here!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Love all the signed Bradbury. The stack on the right looks glorious.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see a fellow, Bradbury fan. Have you ever seen this video? It's a little off color and NSFW so open at your own risk.

Spoiler:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOdX0grBVew
    Surprisingly catchy tune though!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Great to see a fellow, Bradbury fan. Have you ever seen this video? It's a little off color and NSFW so open at your own risk.

Spoiler:
    I have and it's hilarious! Every time I watch the video, the tune keeps running through my head. And that is not really the song you want clients to catch you singing!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I have and it's hilarious! Every time I watch the video, the tune keeps running through my head. And that is not really the song you want clients to catch you singing!!!
    LOL I know what you mean, but it is surprisingly catchy!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

My 12th Stephen King signature is the lovely The Shining S/L. Even with all the issues, it is a beautiful book.

I really love the Vincent Chong artwork! And of course, the sketchbook.

Last edited by dnemec; 08-25-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

And my last listing for now, my new pride and joy: Leave Yesterday Alone and Musings. When I went to buy this my boyfriend insisted that I upgrade from the numbered to the lettered. (Seriously, how often does that happen?!) It is my first-ever lettered book, and I was tickled to get "M" for Matheson. I love that they were able to put his signature in it, and had his son, Richard Christian Matheson, sign as well.

Last edited by dnemec; 08-25-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like that lettered Matheson!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You can't go wrong with Matheson. And the Gauntlet lettereds are reasonably priced. Did you get blue rubbing on your hands from THE SHINING? I was warned by Camelot Books not to touch it without white gloves so I am waiting for the Sub Press dust jacket to come before I take the book out of the plastic bag.
    My MUSINGS had the letter 'H'. Although I never asked for a particular letter, Gauntlet (Barry Hoffman) usually sends me an 'H'.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the Matheson! I got the numbered for now, but might get a lettered later down the road.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I really like that lettered Matheson!
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You can't go wrong with Matheson. And the Gauntlet lettereds are reasonably priced. Did you get blue rubbing on your hands from THE SHINING? I was warned by Camelot Books not to touch it without white gloves so I am waiting for the Sub Press dust jacket to come before I take the book out of the plastic bag.
    My MUSINGS had the letter 'H'. Although I never asked for a particular letter, Gauntlet (Barry Hoffman) usually sends me an 'H'.
    No rubbing on my hands from The Shining. Naturally, I was very careful after all the hubbub, but I didn't see much transfer. I received one of the earlier copies that didn't come in a plastic bag, so I had some transfer onto the slipcase originally and added the bag myself. I can't wait to see what they do with the dustjacket for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Congrats on the Matheson! I got the numbered for now, but might get a lettered later down the road.
    Like I said, I'd planned on the numbered, but with encouragement, upgraded. Plus it's really his last hurrah...I couldn't say no.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, my dear!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for the supernice new books !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, my dear!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats for the supernice new books !!!
    Thanks guys!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You are very welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the new editions!

King? Matheson? You can't go wrong.

I'm still hoping to trade a friend for an SNL of The Shining. Fingers crossed. It's a beautiful book.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary being a member of the forum. Over the past year, I have gained a great deal of knowledge, courtesy of the fine folks on this site, as well as expanded my collection exponentially (I actually joined because I saw a post on The Collector's website for the infamous Shannon Sale). I appreciate all the help and information I have acquired through the site. It's an amazing place, and I'm very happy to be a part of it!!! Of course, if I sat down and figured out how much money I spent through and due in part to this site, I'd probably have a heart attack. But I can say that without a doubt that my collection (and pocketbook) have changed a great deal thanks to TDT.

Speaking of which, the first item I received this week I first glimpsed in the Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales thread. So thanks to RF for pointing it out! I've been wanting the gift edition of From a Buick 8 for awhile, and was happy to get my hands on a good copy!

Continuing on the CD makes awesome books vein, I also received the trade edition copies of Screamplays and Smoke and Mirrors. I can't get over the quality of these two books. CD does amazing work!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-26-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice additions. And congratulations on your anniversary!

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, D. Love that Buick 8 Gift Edition.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff. Glad you got the FAB8.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast