Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 182 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Since "Thinner" is wrapped around, and the first half of the word is on the back, perhaps Stephen King "as" could be on the upper left above THI , and Richard Bachman below the lower right under NER.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Since "Thinner" is wrapped around, and the first half of the word is on the back, perhaps Stephen King "as" could be on the upper left above THI , and Richard Bachman below the lower right under NER.
    I like that idea. Or both under Thinner so one is on the front and one the back.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Really like Thinner, something about Skeleton Crew isn't clicking for me- I think its just the art style/busy-ness

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that Skeleton Crew is too busy. Maybe narrow it down to two of the stories and the art could flow from the back to front. I like the part for The Raft so I'd vote for that one to be one of the two. Skip the Monkey since it was already on the trade hardcover. I don't feel that the covers of the new editions should resemble any past editions. Why would I want to by a new edition that looks like an old one? I would also recommend taking the title and King's name off the spine and have it wrap around like you have Thinner.

Regarding Thinner, I like RF's idea about having the names separate on the cover but that art would look great without the title and King's name plastered across it. If it's already on the slipcase, I don't feel it needs to be on the jacket. SP's wraparound jacket for The Shining is superb and doesn't have anything on it distracting from the artwork. Anyone buying these for their collection already knows the title and author so they don't need to be included multiple times.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My 2 cents: Yes, SC is way too busy. Also wanted to make a comment about fonts used for titles. I can't help but feel that more thought needs to go into selecting fonts. As with most design, you can ask five people for their opinions and get five different answers, so it's a tough one. But my opinion on the fonts for Thinner and SC is that they don't really work here.

As for these font effects, like embossing (Thinner) and outer glow (SC), I have a background in design and there's that voice in my head telling me they should not be used. I'm of the opinion that fonts on book covers need to be "flat". I think I get why the outer glow on SC was possibly used. You have black text on a dark background. So maybe the glow makes it stand out more. The thing is that these font embellishments are somewhat old school design techniques and the text should hold up without them.

Anyway, that's just some constructive criticism and hope that helps in some small way.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    It makes sense. Bachman books have been published under Stephen King ever since he came clean, no? There was even that band that later came with Thinner saying that was really Stephen King.
    Richard Bachman is the listed author of Blaze, and that was written in 2007.

I gotta say I am not in love with the wraparound THINNER.

On my shelf, I am going to see a big "N" on the spine.

On the cover, the title will appear as "NER".
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Thanks Pete. I'm good with whatever Steve wants.

As far as the dustjackets. I like the Thinner and find the SC cover too busy.
    +1

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hey everyone, thanks for your comments on the artwork. Very helpful. I'm totally sold on the THINNER cover, I have to say. But while I absolutely LOVE the pieces that Pete Von Sholly turned in for SKELETON CREW (22 or 23 of them), I'm now wondering if maybe the composite cover is just a little too busy. So far, it would seem that the majority of your folks here on the DT site think it is but I'll wait for more comments.

As regards saying THINNER is by Bachman well, the man who'll have the final say is Steve and I need to check in with him about it. I think a good compromise, I reckon, would be to make it 'Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman' but, like I say, my opinion and a couple bucks will only buy you a coffee so let's wait until Steve passes judgement.

It's hot as hell on the Yorkshire coast right now so all I can say is roll on winter! Have a great weekend, whatever you're doing.

Best wishes

Pete
    Pete, I love the art on SKELETON CREW, but don't much like the lettering (honestly, I had a SKELETON GREW moment at first, and there've been flashbacks...). I'm with those who don't see the need for any text at all, or just on the spine. Like THINNER a lot, but again, while I like the font more than on SKELETON CREW, on a book this size, think it takes too much away from the art. My 2c.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably too much feedback, but I'll add more.
    • The Skeleton Crew may look too busy when looking at the whole DJ, but the front itself isn't bad. An arm from the spine image sort of hangs on the front. The font is fine to me, but you could ask 100 people and get 100 different thoughts. If you really want a non-binding consensus, choose 4 different fonts, and do a poll here.
    • The Thinner wraparound looks great opened up, but few people will splay the book open. I could be mistaken, but I've never seen a King DJ with a title and with King's (Bachman's) name starting on the back. All of that info was always on the cover. Still, different is cool. I'd still buy the book. Why not use the piece with the gaunt man holding the pie for the cover? All the font info goes above the guys head. Forgive my rudimentary skills putting a font on the cover, but check out the mock-up. I'd suggest a different font, but also stretch out "THINNER", making it taller and"thin"
    Skeleton Crew front only (note hanging arm):

Thinner with King's name on back, Bachman's on front:

Alternate Thinner Cover (change my crappy font, and make "Thinner" thin.):

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

The Thinner wraparound looks great opened up, but few people will splay the book open. I could be mistaken, but I've never seen a King DJ with a title and with King's (Bachman's) name starting on the back. All of that info was always on the cover.
    Yes, very odd. Too bad, I was looking forward to buying a copy of THINNER, but can't abide something that just makes no aesthetic design sense. I hope this was just an early proofing mistake -- surely it won't be released like that...right?

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

THINNER
    by Richard Stephen Bachman King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    THINNER
    by Richard Stephen Bachman King
    Nice thought, but
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mods, could you please change the title of this thread to eliminate the mention of Carrie, Christine and Pet Semetary? With the announcement of the latest two books, it just doesn't fit any more.

John

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinner might be better as something like this:

I like the Skeleton Crew art. I think the spine is wider than you think (big book) so it'll look like this:

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It makes sense. Bachman books have been published under Stephen King ever since he came clean, no? There was even that band that later came with Thinner saying that was really Stephen King.

Except that it's likely to be in a slipcase, no?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Except that it's likely to be in a slipcase, no?
    I assume it will...but I do not get you point.

Like most folks do, I am sill going to display the book on my shelf spine side facing out.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tippy, I think Blaze was one of his earlier books that for some reason or other never got published. I'm not sure but I think I read something like that. Maybe scholars can conform/deny. Still, you make a good point. Either way, Thinner as a limited actually makes sense. Skeleton Crew (PS) and Carrie (CD) don't really because superior (in production and illustrations), signed editions already exist.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Blaze was the book King offered Bill Thompson along with 'Salem's Lot as a candidate for his second novel.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Blaze was the book King offered Bill Thompson along with 'Salem's Lot as a candidate for his second novel.
    He chose well!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Think the big problem for the Skeleton Crew illustrations/cover is....
    there are already supernice other SC pics. to compare.

Skeleton Crew from Darek Kocurek

http://www.darekkocurek.com/en/galle.../skeleton-crew

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, SC has a lot of well known art already, but maybe that is just the reason to go with something new. I kinda like the proposed cover art though I would still suggest some "Homage" to some of that well known art be included. Specifically, the skeleton in the hard hat.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Peter, has any thought been given to a lottery for the Carrie 1/26?
    Rather than rely on the vagaries of the internet, simply do a random drawing from all of the interested buyers. Winners when notified have 24 hours from the email to pay, or the list moves on to the alternates.
    I agree with this. I know there would be 26 on here interested in buying this. What do you think of this Pete?

So the lottery wasn't necessary after all! They did eventually sell out all 26 copies! It is my understanding that only two other titles have been announced.

Thinner and Skeleton Crew.

but has there been confirmation that SK will be signing either or both? Any other editions planned?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Thinner's cover artwork but I don't like Skeleton Crew's one.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't like either
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I like the guy's art that is doing SC but that looks like Photoshop and not painting.
    It might look better as a 2 color print than full color.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 182 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast