Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Vanished? Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Vanished? Imagine that.
    You could say they up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did any of those magically reappear for sale, anywhere?
    But yes, that confirms my idea of shipping the signing sheets to King, last.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Did any of those magically reappear for sale, anywhere?
    No, I suspect they're either posted on an office wall or hidden away in a personal filing cabinet!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Or stuck into the front of other books...

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    So THAT'S where your collection of signed first editions came from! I should have known!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    So THAT'S where your collection of signed first editions came from! I should have known!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Two quotes from the Newsletter. Two copies still available. I pasted here for easy reference.

But that was nothing. Then came the CARRIE slipcase.

It turned out that we make a small change to the book AFTER producing the blank-paged dummy, and that ‘small’ change involved an additional eight pages (it’s a print thing: the books are produced in eight-page sections and so, sometimes, even causing one extra page means having to accommodate eight). All of which meant that, when we started to put books with cases earlier this week, the apertures in the slipcases were too narrow for the books.

So Nicky, Mike and I bit yet another bullet and authorised the cases being re-created sob!. They’re due in on 1 August and we’re planning on all copies being sent out before we leave for the World SF Convention in London mid-month.

Of course, out of every problem there should (if you look hard enough) appear something positive.

Thus we’re looking at creating a neat-o update on the next two Stephen King Anniversary editions to be housed in one of the too-small CARRIE slipcases and sent out to those folks who ordered a copy. But please note that this little goodie will be sent out only to those folks who signed up for the lettered edition.

And while we’re on the subject, we had to re-instate two copies of the lettered edition due to payment problems. Thus, if you wanted a copy but missed out in the flurry of excitement a few weeks back then now’s your chance. But just TWO copies are available. Good luck.

Hey, the bases are loaded and we’re in the bottom of the ninth (Heck, I always’ wanted to shout that! Oh, and Steve? Can I have my pencil back now? Kin I? Huh?)

Naw, I was just joshin’ the big guy then. Heck, he’s barely surfaced from the chaos of signing the special sections of our lettered edition of CARRIE. Well, the signing wasn’t so much the problem as getting the sheets on to Glenn Chadbourne and back to Blighty for Messrs Lovegrove and Newman. Sounds easy, right? Don’t you believe it.

Already involving much to-ing and fro-ing—believe me, you don’t wanna know—instead of going to Glenn when Steve had finished with them, the sheets got returned to England and then disappeared into the black hole that also answers to the name of the FedEx building at Stanstead Airport (be afraid . . . be very afraid!). Well, after sitting on a desk there for some eight days while all the rest of us combed the farthest flung areas of the planet so as not to have to go again to Steve and ask him to repeat the operation, the sheets showed up and were duly returned to Steve’s office where they were picked up and hand-delivered to Glenn. By this time, the package had picked up enough air miles to fly three times around the planet.

But the good news is Glenn has now signed them and they’re on their way for one more trans-Atlantic journey to the domiciles of Messrs Lovegrove and Newman. We’re aiming (hoping? praying?) to be able to hand them over to Blissets by the end of the month so that they can produce the long-awaited full colour dummy of ALL the items in the lettered edition.

We’ll keep ya posted!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I cant wait to get my book! My first lettered! My first very expensive lettered. But it will be worth it, if it stays limited to 26 copies and no one else ever, ever, ever, ever, ever gets permission to do a S/L Carrie.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Roseanne -- Certainly you may rest assured that there'll be no more copies coming from PS.

We're nearing the stage to put up the order page for THINNER. We're just waiting for more artwork from Les and Mike is working on the cover (a VERY striking image). We've got ALL of the artwork for SKELETON CREW but that won't go up until later.

Best wishes one and all

Pete

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PS Publishing posted those first draft cover in their latest newsletter.
    Artwork by Pete Von Sholly.
    Both books are planned for may of 2015.

Lets remember the great following illustration posted about a month ago (artwork by Les Edwards)

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what I think about Skeleton Crew. It seems a bit too busy for me, but then that could be a good fit for a short story collection.

My Mood
    Asleep

I liked the Skeleton Crew. I know its been along time since i read thinner. but i dont get the cover? love the pie and "thin" man!

Gunslinger Apprentice Superfly will become famous soon enough Superfly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Skeleton crew looks for me like a creepy book for children. Sorry. But it looks like Thinner will be really great.
    Sale The Dark Tower VII S/L #964

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Not into that Skeleton Crew artwork at all. Other two are both great.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the art, but am unsure. Quite a bit of blue in the covers. It looks like there was an attempt to get an icon for every story (21 in total,) on the Skeleton Crew cover.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Wondering why King is listed as the author of Thinner?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Yeah, that's super craycray. I wonder if they couldn't get the rights to republish the book under the pseudonym?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice... but....
    when i think illustration+Skeleton Crew i only think about the beautiful Skeleton Crew Kalender drawings from Darek Kozurek......

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Not sure what I think about Skeleton Crew. It seems a bit too busy for me, but then that could be a good fit for a short story collection.
    I like the fact that they represented a bunch of the stories, but it might have been a nice touch to include a version of the S/L original artwork. Not the same image, but this artists take on it. Just a thought. Seeing as a "Skeleton Crew S/L" is one of my grails, I may just go for this edition. However, I will miss any representation of the original art.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    That is strange. I wonder if it's intentional.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It makes sense. Bachman books have been published under Stephen King ever since he came clean, no? There was even that band that later came with Thinner saying that was really Stephen King.

Country
    Country Flag

This being an "Anniversary Edition" I figured it would be true to the original.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hey everyone, thanks for your comments on the artwork. Very helpful. I'm totally sold on the THINNER cover, I have to say. But while I absolutely LOVE the pieces that Pete Von Sholly turned in for SKELETON CREW (22 or 23 of them), I'm now wondering if maybe the composite cover is just a little too busy. So far, it would seem that the majority of your folks here on the DT site think it is but I'll wait for more comments.

As regards saying THINNER is by Bachman well, the man who'll have the final say is Steve and I need to check in with him about it. I think a good compromise, I reckon, would be to make it 'Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman' but, like I say, my opinion and a couple bucks will only buy you a coffee so let's wait until Steve passes judgement.

It's hot as hell on the Yorkshire coast right now so all I can say is roll on winter! Have a great weekend, whatever you're doing.

Best wishes

Pete

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pete. I'm good with whatever Steve wants.

As far as the dustjackets. I like the Thinner and find the SC cover too busy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast