Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Today's newsletter mentions that they are working on a 40th anniversary edition of Carrie for 2014.
    They don't say if it is part of this series, or a regular King S/L. Pete only mentions that Glenn Chadbourne is working on artwork for it (because we don't already have more than enough books illustrated by him).
    Weird, I didnt get that newsletter (?)
    We are talking about PS Publishing's newsletter, right? I got one on Friday, but it did not mention anything about King. Really weird...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There are lots more things coming your way, not least Glenn Chadbourne’s remarkable artwork for our 40th Anniversary edition of Stephen King’s Carrie: I thought of letting you take a peek but then thought we should wait and clear the decks of 2013 titles before we look too deeply into the smorgasbord that is PS’s 2014. You’ll just have to be patient. Again!

See you next week. Look after each other . . . and happy reading.
    John

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Unless they are signed limiteds, I'm not really interested in any of them. I don't plan on getting any of the "Anniversary" publications unless I'm able to get them at a reasonable price off eBay or ABE.

John
    I think I'm mainly interested in them because several of these will be books that have not previously had any sort of limited edition.
    Sure they aren't first editions, but I like that fact that they are at least artist/gift editions.

Brian Freeman mentioned King turning down Carrie S/Ls many times in the past, so this may be the only limited version we ever get. The challenge then will be getting to one of King's appearances to get it signed.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Weird, I didnt get that newsletter (?)
    It was just the standard weekly PS newsletter that is usually sent out on Friday.

There are lots more things coming your way, not least Glenn Chadbourne’s remarkable artwork for our 40th Anniversary edition of Stephen King’s Carrie: I thought of letting you take a peek but then thought we should wait and clear the decks of 2013 titles before we look too deeply into the smorgasbord that is PS’s 2014. You’ll just have to be patient. Again!
    They've already announced Skeleton Crew and Thinner for 2014, so assuming Carrie is part of that series and not a full blown S/L, we'll get at least three of them next year.

Looks like it will be an expensive year then :p
    >>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...our-Pocketbook
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Today's newsletter mentions that they are working on a 40th anniversary edition of Carrie for 2014.
    They don't say if it is part of this series, or a regular King S/L. Pete only mentions that Glenn Chadbourne is working on artwork for it (because we don't already have more than enough books illustrated by him).
    I've been fortunate enough to see some of Glenn's art for this edition of Carrie, and I have to say (without prejudice) that the pieces that I've seen are a real departure for him (in a wholly good way)
    We all float down here!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to see some of Glenn's art for this edition of Carrie, and I have to say (without prejudice) that the pieces that I've seen are a real departure for him (in a wholly good way)
    I'm glad to hear that he's changing things up for this one. I'm admittedly not his biggest fan, but still look forward to seeing what direction he takes things in.
    Mark Twain

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad to hear that he's changing things up for this one. I'm admittedly not his biggest fan, but still look forward to seeing what direction he takes things in.
    This piece is an example of ideas that Glenn has in terms of artwork for the 40th anniversary edition of Carrie - not a rat or a skeleton to be seen

You'll have to forgive the quality as it's only a rough scan.

We all float down here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like that!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This piece is an example of ideas that Glenn has in terms of artwork for the 40th anniversary edition of Carrie - not a rat or a skeleton to be seen

You'll have to forgive the quality as it's only a rough scan.

Oh, I like it!!! I think the whole "Rat" thing took on a life of it's own with regard to the FD/NS editions (which culminated with the HF "Ultimate Rat" auction). Not unlike the whole TMSG phenomena of '11/12!!!! They're an "Internet thang (and perhaps a TDT.Org)!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the newsletter :

We're still happy to take your order for PS Publishing's Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary. The former book is already done, while PS waits for the slipcases before shipping commences. Pet Sematary is slated to follow closely thereafter. We're offering matched numbers of the two books, and of further Stephen King Anniversary Editions that PS has lined up for next year. (We'll post more news on the latter as soon as we're given permission.)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

According to todays newsletter from PS Publishing the anniversary edition of Christine will be shipping middle of next week.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Remaindered copies will be available for 1/3 issued price after 4 weeks.

Country
    Country Flag

We didnt really hear any promo for it, did we?
    How many copies of the book? I guess that it's not sold out yet

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Pete Crowther reports that "Pet Sematary is about to hit the printers (poor souls!). This will probably be out around the same time as Christine which—with the new full-colour slipcases and full colour print throughout—has been a bit of a baptism of fire for all of us."

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm keen on picking these editions up at some point, but am hoping they will be cheaper then issue price after their release.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose we are in for a parade of these type editions for years to come, as the respective "Anniversaries" come up. Not really sure how I feel about this trend, but man am I glad I have the 1/1's!!! BTW, it is not so much that they are re-printing them, but that they are, apparently, just going to do this type thing for EVERY King title. I buy LOTR anniversary editions from time to time, but it is, argumentatively, one of the top ten novels of all time. I don't think I would consider every King title a member of the "Top Ten" list even though I am a huge fan. Anyone know what I mean?

Just musing I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree merlin. The only thing that would tempt me to purchase some of anniversary editions would be a miniscule print run....500 print run tops. Otherwise, it truely becomes just another snazzy reprint.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I had originally ordered these, but after thinking about it decided to cancel them. Could use that $200 for something better. Plus i have a feeling that these will be available much cheaper later on, don't see them really ever having any real value. All of them bought will be pretty much unread and stored on a shelf, finding one in great condition later on will be easy.
    Plus with them announcing all these other anniversary editions coming out, they are nothing special.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

God why the crap font? why?? It could be sooo much better with a different font

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I completely agree. Very ugly!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I completely agree. Very ugly!
    The only way I can accept that font is by believing it was once a good font but then died and was buried in the Font Sematary and then resurrected as that

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Geyer has done six original illustrations for this book (Pet Sematary). I have seen one of them and it is quite good. I am looking forward to seeing the rest when the book is published next month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast