Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Justin Cronin

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Justin Cronin- DIE ZWÖLF
    14. Januar 2013

Hope that he comes to Germany to present the book.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

At Philly Free Library:

Me from the back

Mr. Goosebumps
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very jealous

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

For anyone who went to a signing, was there a Q&A period at some point?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Each author got 20 minutes then they sat on the stage while a mic was passed around for questions. First question to Justin would get a Christmas Card mailed to them from him personally.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by As You Wish View Post
    Yes, Each author got 20 minutes then they sat on the stage while a mic was passed around for questions. First question to Justin would get a Christmas Card mailed to them from him personally.
    Great, thanks for replying. I wanted to ask a couple "real" questions and it would seem awkward to do so in the signing line etc. 20 minutes is better than none

Country
    Country Flag

Well they got 20 minutes plus more time for the questions. I asked him a few questions in the signing line and he was happy to talk to me. I kind of forgot that there was a long line of people waiting behind me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Great, thanks for replying. I wanted to ask a couple "real" questions and it would seem awkward to do so in the signing line etc. 20 minutes is better than none
    I asked him a "real" question when he was signing my books (if he was worried that the almost 100 year "jump" in The Passage would cause readers to lose interest in the story) and it wasn't too awkward. I did stumble though, because I wanted to make sure I fit everything in that I wanted to say. I'm such a nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by As You Wish View Post
    I kind of forgot that there was a long line of people waiting behind me
    A likely story.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oh ok. Thanks for the comments. I've never been to a signing before and I thought maybe it might be rude to ask a deep question that might require a long answer with a line of people etc. But I guess I'll try to use your advice and feel it out. Thanks!

Oh and what did he say about the timeline jump? I saw a negative review and that was a comment, but I really liked that aspect myself.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He said he wasn't really worried that it would cause readers to lose interest because "the story is the story."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you guys had fun! Thanks for sharing your stories. I'd love to see more photos!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Glad you guys had fun! Thanks for sharing your stories. I'd love to see more photos!
    Ditto!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

So tomorrow is the block party thing. I hope it goes well for everyone attending--love to hear stories.

Tomorrow is when Murder By The Book is supposed to be getting their customers signed copies so I hope Justin has an idea what he's in for, LOL.

Also, has anyone here been notified of shipment of the Goldsboro edition? I haven't gotten anything yet--just curious as I've never ordered from them before--thanks.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

As far as I know, the Goldsboro is not released yet. My dealer in the UK hasn't notified me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

So tomorrow is the block party thing. I hope it goes well for everyone attending--love to hear stories.

Tomorrow is when Murder By The Book is supposed to be getting their customers signed copies so I hope Justin has an idea what he's in for, LOL.
    I'll be there, starting at Brazos Bookstore, on to Murder by the Book and continuing to Under the Volcano. Sounds like it'll be fun.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, has anyone here been notified of shipment of the Goldsboro edition? I haven't gotten anything yet--just curious as I've never ordered from them before--thanks.
    Here is the email I received from them today:

"Hello Eric,

It’ll be posted this week by Airmail/"

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Goldsboro charges the creditcards this week and starts shipping then. I asked them and this was the reply i got days ago...! I am looking forward to this edition...!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

There is one for sale on abebooks being sold by someone I think works for Goldsboro Books. And in my experience Goldsboro doesn't send shipping notifications.

Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen too many photos from any of Cronin's signings lately, so figured I'd post some of mine from October 20th at the Free Library in Philly. Enjoy!

Also asked him to sign my event booklet, and he agreed

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Thanks for the replies peeps. Glad I'm not the only one then. I saw one pop up on ebay and that got me wondering if maybe something was wrong.

^Very cool pics above. I really like that event booklet. And two signings in one? Awesome! Were any intriguing questions asked at your event?

Also, anyone who gets a copy of Waterstones The Twelve, it would be great to find out what this EXTRA CHAPTER is. I have some on order but coming across the pond that may take awhile.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I was at Cronin's Houston event last night. It was a "block party" -- he read at Brazos Bookstore at 6:30 then migrated up the block to Murder by the Book at 7:15. At the first reading he read from early in the book, and at the second he read about Alicia and her horse from later in the book. He did a Q&A at both. I asked him if he knew how the trilogy would end when he started and he said that he did. Not only did he need to know it in general, he needed to know the language of the ending, so he came up with the final sentence before starting. After the second reading, everyone migrated across the street to a bar called Under the Volcano. They had a back room reserved for the signing and concocted a special drink for the event. They called it "viral juice" -- it was red, of course, made from pomegranate juice, hibiscus tea and vodka. I was surprised that Cronin recognized my name (from Facebook and Twitter) when I met him. He thanked me for being a big supporter.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bev! I was looking for you there but there were a few older gentlemen there so I really wasn't sure... Anyhoo, I was there with two tall blondes.

Totally enjoyed my first book reading and signing. I found Justin very personable and hilarious and he signed all 3 of my books! Yay!
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

I was the guy who asked the first question at the MBTB signing, to break the ice. The event wasn't very conducive to mingling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast