Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Bad Penny

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    An AMAZING COLLECTION !!!
    It´s great to see ES + NEBEL - EDITON PHANTASIA
    Thanks for the feedback Frank - Nebal (The Mist) is an interesting piece

However, whilst some of the interior plates almost make contextual sense - there are ... the ... others .... (do you have any idea what the thinking was behind some of these)

We all float down here!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the cover drawing looks like a colon?

P.S. All kidding aside... beautiful book !

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Scarey! But in a good way. One question, is that Colorado Kid one of the 33 numbered copies in a RED slipcase? Are the three slipcases different colors? I'm asking because the one I have is green.

You have a lot of great items there.
    The tray cased copy of The Colorado Kid is a Publishers Copy (seems that PS Publishing produced more of these than there were of the actual numbered copies) of the 33 run.

I got an okay deal on it at the time (I wasn't that eager to add it to the collection) but the combination of Stephen King's signature and Glenn Chadbourne's art (I'm quite the fan) swayed me

Oh, and yep, each of the artists had a different coloured tray case.

We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Wow, very nice collection! How long have you been collecting for?
    Hey Shannon - Have been a rabid collector (my better half would probably lean more towards the term "hoarder") of Stephen Kings work (and associated bits and pieces) for maybe 10 years or so - I've enjoyed his work from the very beginning, when I purchased a paperback copy of Carrie because I was still too young to purchase a movie ticket to see the movie when it first came out. It's only been the last ten years though where I've been able to indulge in my collection (partly because of finances, mostly because Australia isn't exactly a treasure trove of limited editions)
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Well, it so happens that I have a couple of proofs looking for a new home. If you're interested, send me a PM

Looking forward to detailed pics of your prized possessions!
    Thanks Biomeg - Proofs and ARC's aren't as appealing to me as they are to some (Hi John ) however; I have been forunate enough to pick up one or two that are a little scarcer than others

We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes, do you make the masks, marionettes, etc?
    Alas, I do not have an artistic bone in my entire body A slice of personal trivia, I was put back a year in school (from 1st class to kindergarten) because I failed "Colouring Between The Lines" and "Stick Figures 101". Despite having to do this twice, I still have the artistic skills set (or creative talent, such as the guys that made the Pennywise items I have, or, of course, Mr Olson and his awesome cases!!!) of your average squirrel
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    My little Tower of Pennybabel

WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND THIS?
    Well, all I wanted, originally, was a mask (read as ONE mask) to sit atop my full size Pennywise (see Page 1 posts) ... Well one mask became three (the one in the middle is a filled latex "brain burst" bust) which I now swap around every so often to alleviate the boredom (mine mainly) For someone that spent their entire childhood in deathly fear of clowns (and everything else circus related) I'm obviously well over it (and probably overcompensating for it) during my middle age
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    My little Tower of Pennybabel

WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND THIS?
    Well, all I wanted, originally, was a mask (read as ONE mask) to sit atop my full size Pennywise (see Page 1 posts) ... Well one mask became three (the one in the middle is a filled latex "brain burst" bust) which I now swap around every so often to alleviate the boredom (mine mainly) For someone that spent their entire childhood in deathly fear of clowns (and everything else circus related) I'm obviously well over it (and probably overcompensating for it) during my middle age
    Are they "Actual" Movie related masks made for the production? Or did you commission them somehow. You know, with collector's a is in the "story" behind the item!!!!

Spoiler:
    P.S. I can relate. "Clowns" used to scare the shit outta me when I was a little kid!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

The masks were made by a guy in Melbourne, Australa (who disappeared off the radar several months ago) - he kept coming up with Pennywise variations, and I kept adding the little buggers to the collection. They're not "special" in any way, as they weren't commissioned specifically by me, nor were they in any way related to the TV production (although I do have a little item in the room that was a prop for The Stand miniseries, which I'll post this evening when I get home from work - it's gross to look at, but pretty cool due to its provinence)
    We all float down here!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Bad Penny;700575]The masks were made by a guy in Melbourne, Australa (who disappeared off the radar several months ago) - he kept coming up with Pennywise variations, and I kept adding the little buggers to the collection. They're not "special" in any way, as they weren't commissioned specifically by me,
    SMART BUY & believe me they are SPECIAL. Are they one of a kind & are they signed?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    An AMAZING COLLECTION !!!
    It´s great to see ES + NEBEL - EDITON PHANTASIA
    Thanks for the feedback Frank - Nebal (The Mist) is an interesting piece

However, whilst some of the interior plates almost make contextual sense - there are ... the ... others .... (do you have any idea what the thinking was behind some of these)

Yes,
    Herbert Brandmeier´s illustrations are ´SPECIAL´.

#8 - I like this interpretations.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ighlight=Nebel

:

Country
    Country Flag

Holy Bat Crap Frank - you have 10 copies of Nebel ????? And, yep, Herbert's illustrations are "special" - in oh so many special ways
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=needfulthings;700595]
    The masks were made by a guy in Melbourne, Australa (who disappeared off the radar several months ago) - he kept coming up with Pennywise variations, and I kept adding the little buggers to the collection. They're not "special" in any way, as they weren't commissioned specifically by me,
    SMART BUY & believe me they are SPECIAL. Are they one of a kind & are they signed?
    So, they're "special" like Herbert Brandmeier's Nebel illustrations (see below) or "special" in another way ???

No, seriously, as far as I know, the guy that did these did it only for a hobby, and I believe that he may have even plagurised at least one of the designs (which is a shame). The only one that I've not seen replicated is the attempt he had at a Tim Curry "Pennywise" which looks totally dorky, but funnily enough is the one that I'm most fond of) .

Oh, and not signed <sigh>
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

One of my prized pieces of Stephen King related ephemera is this ugly SOB, signed by Steve Johnson (whom shared in an Emmy in the category of Outstanding Makeup in a TV Miniseries) which was used as a prop in The Stand back in 1994.

Yep, he's look like death (pun intended) but he's quite special to me

We all float down here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit. Lost for words. What a collection!
    Just awesome. Nice to know there is a collection like that just across the ditch lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jimimck - its good to have a neighbour on board
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Todays post mixes Stephen King, related ephemera and Glenn Chadbourne into a tasty little mix

All up, I've three Glenn Chadbourne remarqued copies of Cemetery Dance's most excellent Shivers VI, an anthology containing "The Crate".

The Crate Beast I found on eBay a couple of years back.

This remarque (and the favourite of the three that I have) was won via auction right here on TDT.org. So far as I know, it still remains a "one off" piece.

Cemetery Dance later offered both colour and remarqued copies (again by Glenn Chadbourne) so, having absolutely no impulse control to speak of, I obtained once of each

We all float down here!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

The Crate Beast I found on eBay a couple of years back.

FYI The creatures name is FLUFFY.

ALSO LOVE THE CHRISTINE LICENCE PLATE.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love, love, love, the crate beast.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I remember when Fluffy was up for auction. I love him.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Amongst the collection I have only a few foreign language editions (a grand total of four)

I posted the German bootleg edition of Nebel (The Mist) earlier on in the thread - the next being the German bootleg limited edition of It (Es)

We all float down here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have a favorite between ES and the CD IT S/L?

Country
    Country Flag

I would have to say that the Cemetery Dance 25th Anniversary Edition of IT rules, for it presentation, its production values, its art, whereas the bootleg German edition is more a curio (albeit a rather expensive curio)

We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

The Cemetery Dance 25th Anniversary art portfolio (matching # 255 to one of my S/L editions).

We all float down here!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the CD edition does look amazing.

Hey how about we have a bet on the Bledisloe this year. If the AB's retain it, you send one of thoese S/L's this way LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast