Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1499

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    From his site:

"Joyland slipcases are being worked on as we speak, I'm still anticipating a late fall release."

I do like Jeff's slipcase but am holding off to see what Tomas comes up with.
    Oh Lord, woman!!! Break down and pay for a "Dolso" case!!!! It may hurt the pocketbook now, but you know you will accept it later!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like this piece by Chloe Cushman
    The piece was in a review of Joyland by National Post

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

The detail is excellent but she made him look so scholarly. King the English Teacher versus King the Horror Writer. Perhaps she was going for that, I didnt read the article.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Remarqued Joylands.......

http://www.analectabooks.com/stephen...t-edition.html

I never thought I would say this in my lifetime...but too many bikini shots.

Did the illustrator even read the book?????

WTF is up with the girl holding the handgun?!?!?!

#653 and #711 are the only two I would want to own....but not at $700.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't really have any relevance to the story and a bit naff imo

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like 'em too much.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't either.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Don't really have any relevance to the story and a bit naff imo
    Neither did the cover art for that matter...so I am not surprised that the remarques are consistent.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the art, but much like the S/L cover art, they aren't relevant. The only hand gun I remember from the story
    Spoiler:
    is at the end when Jone's is held hostage by the killer

BTAIM the art matches the McGinness cover art, but once again, wonderful, however irrelevant.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've a bunch of remarques (predominantly in non-King books) sourced from Analecta in the collection, and I like them an awful lot (otherwise, I guess, they wouldn't be there) however; in this case, I'm not a fan at all - as Tom states, they're naff
    We all float down here!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting observations on the McGinnis work. I am in agreement on most of them. I guess what intrigues me the most is their relationship to the artist himself. As a movie buff I love the selection of dangerous women depicted here since I grew up on McGinnis' work in the famous James Bond posters, so in this case, I'd be happy to own one. It is hard though to get past the irrelevance to the novel itself.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I'm baffled too. The trade cover with the "Hollywood girl" at least has something to do with what King wrote even if it does place emphasis on an aspect of the story that isn't all that significant.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy Steerpike is on a distinguished road

Triple-signed and remarqued and doodled copies of "Joyland" are available here - http://www.analectabooks.com/stephen...t-edition.html

John F. Kennedy Steerpike is on a distinguished road

I have seen a couple of copies of Doctor Sleep on eBay - this might be a bit premature, as I don't believe anyone's card will have been debited (this won't happen 'til the books ship)...............

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The remarques don't really do anything for me. I like both book covers quite a bit. The paperback cover has Erin in her Hollywood Girl costume set in a woman in peril scenario. While the hardcover art has Annie on the beach with her rifle and Joyland in the in the background is representative of a femme fatale pulp cover. While neither of these paintings are necessarily scenes from the book they both represent specific characters from the book in settings or scenarios, the woman in peril and the femme fatale, that were halmarks of the pulp paperback and men's magazine detective stories that the Hard Case Crime series harkens back to.

Ken

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
    I have seen a couple of copies of Doctor Sleep on eBay - this might be a bit premature, as I don't believe anyone's card will have been debited (this won't happen 'til the books ship)...............
    Actually if you ordered it from CD you ARE charged at the time of the order - not when the book ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
    Actually if you ordered it from CD you ARE charged at the time of the order - not when the book ships.
    Correct!

I think eBay allows pre-sales up to 30 days before publication, but I would tell everyone to assume that our book is shipping in very late September, so right now is a little early, technically. But I also don't think eBay has shut down any of the other ones. I, personally, would be nervous buying a book that way from a seller I didn't know at all who didn't have much feedback, but I know some of the retailers pre-sell their copies of our King books via eBay and obviously you know what you're getting with someone like that who has been in the community for years!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    ...obviously you know what you're getting with someone like that who has been in the community for years!

Brian
    And who has senior staff show up here in person almost daily to address concerns.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    ...obviously you know what you're getting with someone like that who has been in the community for years!

Brian
    And who has senior staff show up here in person almost daily to address concerns.
    Yes!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My custom slipcase from Jeff arrived today,
    its so far the only black slipcase with red printing.

Stephen King - Joyland S/L

I donīt want an JOYLAND printing, itīs a little bit to much
    together with STEPHEN KING for this small case.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also Forbidden Planet have finally sold out of the limited harcovers

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Joyland - signed limited Forbidden Planet

I just received and email responding to my interest in the joyland limited fromForbidden Planet

It just informed me that it is available to order.

This tells me that either there were a number not issued, or cancelled, and they have now been released to the public.

Or

They messed up and fell foul changing something.

Anyway, I have ordered one as it now states available on the website, lets see if it arrives.

Out of interest I do have one on eBay for $300 but think its fair and right you guys check out the link to see if you want to chance getting one at Ģ55 again.

Cheers, Dave
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

It now looks to be sold out.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they've all sold out again now but thanks for the heads up!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the same email...but am not able to order....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast