Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland: New novel - June 2013

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I hope so! I want a super scary book!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too! King's gotten a little "soft" with the last few books, in my opinion.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    Joyland to be published under the Hard Case Crime imprint in June 2013:

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ne...ase-crime.html

A new novel by Stephen King, Joyland, is to be published by Titan Books imprint Hard Case Crime in June 2013.

The book will be released as a paperback first, with e-book to follow at a later date. King said: "I loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we're going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book."

The title, set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.

Hard Case Crime editor Charles Ardai bought world rights in the title, with King's novel The Colorado Kid previously released under the imprint. The deal does not affect King's relationship with his usual UK publisher, Hodder.

Ardai said: "Joyland is a breathtaking, beautiful, heartbreaking book. It's a whodunit, it's a carny novel, it's a story about growing up and growing old, and about those who don't get to do either because death comes for them before their time.

"Even the most hardboiled readers will find themselves moved. When I finished it, I sent a note saying: 'Goddamn it, Steve, you made me cry.'"
    Not that it would make a huge difference but setting the story in another small Maine town would have been cool. Either way I like the concept.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think PS simply must publish a companion edition to The Colorado Kid. Hopefully in a faster fashion than that book.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The description of the book brings "Burnsie" from BH in his "Carny-days" That should be pretty freaking scary!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    The description of the book brings "Burnsie" from BH in his "Carny-days" That should be pretty freaking scary!!!!
    That sounds very cool. And scary.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess ebook can be ruled out......although the source IS USAToday.

http://books.usatoday.com/bookbuzz/p...iller/704793/1

Never mind, it does say TBD.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everybody is saying that there will be no ebook edition, but that's not what i read.
    He said that they were holding off ebook, FOR THE TIME BEING... and the publisher said that it would come later..

Am i wrong??
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I'm happy with just the Hard Case Crime book...I'm not into eBooks, unless they are originals (Riding the Bullet, Ur, Mile 81).

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I really need to read Black House.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Everybody is saying that there will be no ebook edition, but that's not what i read.
    He said that they were holding off ebook, FOR THE TIME BEING... and the publisher said that it would come later..

Am i wrong??
    That was my assumption. I think it said in one of the articles that they were just waiting awhile to release the ebook version. That way hopefully getting more people to buy the actual book. Honestly I'm all for that. I worry that books are going to become obsolete in the future and that makes me sad.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That will NEVER happen Heather!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

I hope not! But we might be the only two

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Am i wrong??
    No, you're not, Jeremy.

sk

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Holding off on an ebook is probably SK's way of helping out a small speciality publisher. He clearly has an affection for these type of books and wants his readers to share the experience. I'm actually more enticed by Joyland than Doctor Sleep.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone posted in the German Horror Forum:

"From a reliable source I learned that "Joyland" is already in the translation.
    May well be that it appears to coincide with the original version. "

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's somewhat surprising they'd announce a novel a whole year in advance. If it's pretty much ready, why wait so long. I doubt it would create any competition for Doctor Sleep, as it's a short paperback novel for a niche publisher.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Ms Mod at the SKMB:

The date for Joyland is set as June 2013 regardless of when Doctor Sleep comes out.
    John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thus the 4th, 11th, 18th or 25th...presuming a Tuesday release.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pictures of the abandoned Six Flags New Orleans...can't help but think of Joyland.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopou...gs-new-orleans

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those pics. are very creepy.

I guess amusement parks are just some of the places that you always associate with tons of people/activtiy. And to see it so...abandoned? Both eerie and sad.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Those pics. are very creepy.

I guess amusement parks are just some of the places that you always associate with tons of people/activtiy. And to see it so...abandoned? Both eerie and sad.

Amazing pictures. Thanks for the post!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wierd that if this stays on track for June 2013, it will only be ~90 days in advance of Doctor Sleep.

Country
    Country Flag

According to Ms. Mod over at the official forums, Joyland is locked into that date no matter what. It's a more obscure paperback-only release so maybe they think it won't get the attention a "real" King book would, so for most casual readers Doctor Sleep will be the next King novel, not Joyland.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    According to Ms. Mod over at the official forums, Joyland is locked into that date no matter what. It's a more obscure paperback-only release so maybe they think it won't get the attention a "real" King book would, so for most casual readers Doctor Sleep will be the next King novel, not Joyland.
    Where was it stated that it is to be a paperback?
    <-----Confused.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast