Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Baddy in the SK universe?

Traveler jsr is on a distinguished road

Default Best Baddy in the SK universe?

Hi, Who do you think is the villian in the SK universe? Personally I think Flagg is the coolest of the lot, what do you think?
    Last edited by jsr; 10-11-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'll be honest, relatively speaking, I haven't read that many novels of King. I mean i've probably read about a little under ten, other than all the Dark Tower novels, of course, but yeah, i'll be honest, Flagg is still my favourite villain. He's a total bastard, but he's a pretty fun bastard at times!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the T in ST universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

OOPS! I meant SK not ST. my bad!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I imagine RF will get lots of votes, but to me "Burnsie" from Black House was a particularly vile and nasty individual!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe because this is freshest to me but I think Lester (I think thats his name) from Big Driver was the creepiest bad guy. For me I always thought that Barlow was pretty freaking cool.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Maybe because this is freshest to me but I think Lester (I think thats his name) from Big Driver was a vile character.
    He was nasty, but Burnsie was a Pedophile and Murderer. Trumps plain old serial killer any day of the week!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Stienbrenner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Maybe because this is freshest to me but I think Lester (I think thats his name) from Big Driver was a vile character.
    He was nasty, but Burnsie was a Pedophile and Murderer. Trumps plain old serial killer any day of the week!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    Your probably right. He was a very nasty and creepy dude.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Collie Entragian from Desperation is probably the one that has disturbed me the most from all the SK novels I've read.
    Also, worth mentioning: Norman Daniels from Rose Madder. :shudders:

Sure, there are bad characters that are more epic than these two and may have had more of an impact on the entire SK universe, but these two always creeped me the f*ck out.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsr View Post

OOPS! I meant SK not ST. my bad!
    fixed

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    Well I imagine RF will get lots of votes, but to me "Burnsie" from Black House was a particularly vile and nasty individual!!!

I agree, as much as Flagg was scarey in The Stand he lost it for me in The Dark Tower, and i think once you have lost it you can not reconnect with the scarey again

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Goblin King View Post

I agree, as much as Flagg was scarey in The Stand he lost it for me in The Dark Tower, and i think once you have lost it you can not reconnect with the scarey again
    Good Point!!!

To be perfectly honest, IMO the biggest baddie in the SK universe is without a doubt, The Boston Red Sux!!!! LOL LOL Talk about evil, Pedro through an 80 year old coach to the ground!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My fav. baddy is George Stark (Dark Half)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Goblin King View Post

Good Point!!!

To be perfectly honest, IMO the biggest baddie in the SK universe is without a doubt, The Boston Red Sux!!!! LOL LOL Talk about evil, Pedro through an 80 year old coach to the ground!!!

In Pedros defense...Don is a pretty intimidating looking dude when you take away his walker.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It.
    'nuff said.

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    I love that High Toned Son of a Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    I love that High Toned Son of a Bitch
    "Don't <bleep> with me, because when your <bleeping> with me, you're <bleeping> with the best" Love that line!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Kurt Dussander from Apt Pupil is my personal greatest fear...no I am not Jewish.

To know someone actually gets a thrill doing that to another person to the point that they must do it to animals at his age. The ultimate serial killer! Though Todd Bowden is no treat either.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Pennywise
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Along the Path of the Beam Bad Karma will become famous soon enough Bad Karma's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think if we all could one day, follow the roads which are certain to be left unwritten by Sai King; they all would lead back to the Crimson King one way or another...so I'd say the CK. He who lies behind the shadows, nameless, faceless, scares the shit outta me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than some insane, fat, SOB with pediophilia tendencies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
    I think if we all could one day, follow the roads which are certain to be left unwritten by Sai King; they all would lead back to the Crimson King one way or another...so I'd say the CK. He who lies behind the shadows, nameless, faceless, scares the shit outta me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than some insane, fat, SOB with pediophilia tendencies.
    I hear ya, but then again, the Insane, fat, SOB, Pedophile is more real than the CK, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I think a good villain is believable. If SK is such a good author to you that you believe in all of them, I guess then it's just a question of which is most big and bad. Some of us just didn't ultimately find the CK so convincing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I think a good villain is believable. If SK is such a good author to you that you believe in all of them, I guess then it's just a question of which is most big and bad. Some of us just didn't ultimately find the CK so convincing.

EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! !!!!!!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    It.
    'nuff said.
    Right.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast