Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 462 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 11537

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I'm stating the obvious, but buying signed books off eBay is a treacherous endeavor. When I eventually get around to collecting signed Trade editions, I'll have to proceed with serious caution... It's one of my far-off goals...

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I know I'm stating the obvious, but buying signed books off eBay is a treacherous endeavor. When I eventually get around to collecting signed Trade editions, I'll have to proceed with serious caution... It's one of my far-off goals...
    Yeah, I have been fortunate to get my many signed trades from DT.org members, reputable sellers, Betts Books, or (back in 2007-2008 anyway) directly from stores where King was doing the signing. It's good to have the Forum here to post potential Ebay purchases for full vetting by the members!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't discount the ebay deal, though! I got a signed Lisey's Story for a great price last December, but I also posted it here first for second (and third and fourth) opinions. The real signatures are there...you just have to look!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you're both on the money... It is invaluable having the ability to check signatures on the forum from the experts, and it's also great we have reputable sources for signed books... I know it's all doable, just takes a little more effort. Back in the day, getting a complete collection of 1st editions was the my main goal, now that I have that covered, getting signed copies of them would be next on the list.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you're both on the money... It is invaluable having the ability to check signatures on the forum from the experts, and it's also great we have reputable sources for signed books... I know it's all doable, just takes a little more effort. Back in the day, getting a complete collection of 1st editions was the my main goal, now that I have that covered, getting signed copies of them would be next on the list.
    That's pretty much exactly what I did, just years earlier. Good strategy. Just go for "Upgrades"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's like starting from scratch again, only it's more difficult to find the book and they will cost more since they're signed... a little daunting, but something I've been contemplating for a while now...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good to see one of these out there but, WAY OVERPRICED.

Stupid....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-REGULATO...item2a4aae5f94

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Stupid....

FREE SHIPPING though. You have to take the good with the bad.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am no expert but it looked OK to me.

edit: I took a second look and now I am not sure so ...
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I am no expert but it looked OK to me.

edit: I took a second look and now I am not sure so ...
    Looks ok. Font is too large...

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, this sleazy seller is back with THIS.

Sadly, he still as 100% positive feedback, so some buyers have been gypped.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this letter ?

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Spoiler:
    I think it's legit. Close to his Six Stories signature too. Let's see others' opinions too!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

It looks like a typical SK missive.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's good.

John

Country
    Country Flag

This would be great if authentic, but something is off about the signature. Particularly the 'Stephen' part. Signed 1st of The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon - BIN for $199

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    This would be great if authentic, but something is off about the signature. Particularly the 'Stephen' part. Signed 1st of The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon - BIN for $199
    Signed 1st

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I saw that earlier. I'm not 100% sure but may be okay????

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't like this one at all. It's both too short and too wide. I wouldn't have it in my collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Spoiler:
    I don't like this one either. Looks like it was signed by a secretary if you ask me.

Country
    Country Flag

Seriously? I sure hope nobody buys this fake: STEPHEN KING SIGNED AUTOGRAPH IT 1ST EDITION/1ST PRINTING

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, this sleazy seller is back with THIS.

Sadly, he still as 100% positive feedback, so some buyers have been gypped.
    I would like to be able to better monitor ebay to maybe stop one or two of these shysters. I sent the following note to the seller. Hopefully they will at least think twice before putting this crap for auction. I'll report if I get any reply.

Sir/Ma'am,

I just saw this auction and it made me sick. It is amazingly obvious that the signature has been forged. Whether or not you knowingly knew that this was a forgery is something that can't be proved now. But going forward I will make sure that any signed SK books you try to see are on the up-and-up.

I do not like to send a note like this but selling forged Stephen King books diminishes the value of SK collections. By the way, I can get another 20 serious collectors to confirm what I've just told you about the signature. I would hope that you'd do the right thing and refund the cost to the poor "winner" but I will not hold my breath. Please do the right thing. On notice...

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously? I sure hope nobody buys this fake: STEPHEN KING SIGNED AUTOGRAPH IT 1ST EDITION/1ST PRINTING
    This is the note that I sent to the seller of this book. I'll report back if I get a reply.

Sir/Ma'am,

I'd seriously recommend that you pull this auction because the signature is a forgery. It is not even a good forgery. Since I've now warned you that this is a forgery, you would be misrepresenting the lot and be selling a forged document. And even though I am not a lawyer, I believe that knowingly sell a forged document is illegal. Any potential buyer would have justifiable cause against you.

I do not like to send a note like this but selling forged Stephen King books diminishes the value of SK collections. By the way, I can get another 20 serious collectors to confirm what I've just told you about the signature. I hope you do the right thing... Thank you.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Stupid....

The price too high but I'd be more concerned that the seller advertises letter "G" when the picture clearly shows letter "W." I would make an offer if I had any confidence that the seller actually has a lettered Regulators in his/her possession. Remember the "asbestos" Firestarter fiasco 3-4 years ago...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 462 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast