Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 306 of 462 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    One of our most watched forgers has returned

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-GIRL-WHO...item1c4beb287f

Mulleins
    Wow... not even appearing under a new name. Well, I reported him already.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    One of our most watched forgers has returned

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-GIRL-WHO...item1c4beb287f

Mulleins
    Wow... not even appearing under a new name. Well, I reported him already.
    Listed a few more....he's on a roll.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. The sigs don't look far off to me. I am not sure i would have known they were fakes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    Wow. The sigs don't look far off to me. I am not sure i would have known they were fakes.
    Same here. I would have said they were "good". Very glad for the folks here!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    Same here. I would have said they were "good". Very glad for the folks here!!!
    The signature is deliberately out of focus in the photographs, but if you look closely you can make out several hesitations in the loop.

It's a clear fake and the seller is utter scum!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a funny item:

A copy of Insomnia signed (supposedly) by ROBIN WILLIAMS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INSOMNIA-STE...item19f32d883f

Pretty cool, huh? Except King's Insomnia was not made into a film LOL and Robin Williams starred in the Christopher Nolan version of Insomnia which itself was an adaptation of a Norwegian film.

The guy offering this for sale hawks it with a "COA" but one isnt pictured and also sells autographed sports memorabilia. LOL

Let's just say I wouldnt feel to safe buying sigs of any type from this clown.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Here is a funny item:

A copy of Insomnia signed (supposedly) by ROBIN WILLIAMS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INSOMNIA-STE...item19f32d883f

Pretty cool, huh? Except King's Insomnia was not made into a film LOL and Robin Williams starred in the Christopher Nolan version of Insomnia which itself was an adaptation of a Norwegian film.

The guy offering this for sale hawks it with a "COA" but one isnt pictured and also sells autographed sports memorabilia. LOL

Let's just say I wouldnt feel to safe buying sigs of any type from this clown.
    This has been listed by the same seller before (see post #7267) and it's an obvious fake...

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    So what do you think about these sigs?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everything's Eventual: authentic King signature.
    Needful things: looks good to me as well...but less certain than EE.

sk

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the Everything's Eventual.

I don't like the Needful Things.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I like the Everything's Eventual.

I don't like the Needful Things.
    don't you think that if one is fake... than buying the other one is risky?
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I won't buy from anyone selling anything sketchy.

The more I look at the Everything's Eventual, the less I like it.

I think you can do better. BTW this seller had this listed previously:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrible.

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The seller said that he was given the books as a gift BH a friend who has since passed away. That sounded sketchy to me. Now, seeing the copy of Tommyknockers, I know to stay away.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Something from Germany....
    Spoiler:

German TGWLTG published 2000

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Spoiler:

Yuk! Terrible signature.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Spoiler:

Yuk! Terrible signature.
    Agreed.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Br!an... where did you got his previous listing?
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Before we burn this guy at the stake, I actually contacted this seller about this particular book. I said, quite frankly, that it was a terrible forgery and should be taken down. After having a conversation with him through ebay and showing him other examples of legit King sigs (via Tom Folio's site), he also agreed it was bad and took down the posting, thanking me for bringing it to his attention. He was very appreciative of the insight. Just my two cents on the matter...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough I would suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post

Br!an... where did you got his previous listing?
    Here's the listing:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-...p2047675.l2557

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Everything's Eventual: authentic King signature.
    Needful things: looks good to me as well...but less certain than EE.

sk
    Looks like someone got Everything's Eventual for $190.00. Good deal if authentic!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Hello all,

A bit of information on this book. This is a First Edition Gunslinger with a near fine dust jacket, clean boards and a tight spine. It is a very good example of this book, with one exception. It was purchased by a friend of mine in Japan, in late 2003, from Tim Miller of Flatsigned.com I was not aware of her decision to purchase this or I would have strongly advised her against it. I am not sure if Tim is a member of this board, but he is scum, and should be in jail. I am only glad that my friend did not live long enough to know that there are unscrupulous sellers out there, or it would have broken her heart. Her collection notes were very detailed, and in the comment line for this item she wrote that the original website picture was different from the current copy. All attempts to return were unanswered.

I am 100% positive that the signature is fake, as I have examined it closely with a 7x magnifier to spot at least 12 hesitations that Stephen's signature/writing does not contain. You are all welcome to voice your opinions, but that is not why I am showing you this today. As the book has been left to me, there is no way I would include this in my collection, nor would I ever try to sell it as is with the indication that I am not sure about the signature. Everything in my collection is 100% authentic. Tim's reputation all but confirms that he peddles in garbage, and is a bottom dweller.

That being said, the book is rare and as it is 1 of 10,000, it should have a better fate than at the back of my fireplace. I would like your opinions on what you would do, if the situation was reversed. Would you cover it with a book plate? Cross out the inscription with a marker? Remarque the entire page to erase the offending words? Acetone does not work as it is over 10 years old and was a roller-ball. The ink is permanent. If this was a Revival, or something with a 1,000,000 print run, I wouldn't be having this dilemma. That would be kindling during this cold winter now. The Gunslinger is one of my favorite stories and I love Michael's art. I just can't do that.

That is what I had to say. Any comments, opinions, or matches would be appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone.
    Take care.
    Gerald

My suggestion would be to contact Donald M. Grant and ask if they used the same paper stock for the 3rd edition Gunslinger. If the page itself is identical I would use it in rebinding. DMG may even have an extra page lying around. But even if it was rebound it would be worth less. Whoever did this will rot in hell.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Hello all,

A bit of information on this book. This is a First Edition Gunslinger with a near fine dust jacket, clean boards and a tight spine. It is a very good example of this book, with one exception. It was purchased by a friend of mine in Japan, in late 2003, from Tim Miller of Flatsigned.com I was not aware of her decision to purchase this or I would have strongly advised her against it. I am not sure if Tim is a member of this board, but he is scum, and should be in jail. I am only glad that my friend did not live long enough to know that there are unscrupulous sellers out there, or it would have broken her heart. Her collection notes were very detailed, and in the comment line for this item she wrote that the original website picture was different from the current copy. All attempts to return were unanswered.

I am 100% positive that the signature is fake, as I have examined it closely with a 7x magnifier to spot at least 12 hesitations that Stephen's signature/writing does not contain. You are all welcome to voice your opinions, but that is not why I am showing you this today. As the book has been left to me, there is no way I would include this in my collection, nor would I ever try to sell it as is with the indication that I am not sure about the signature. Everything in my collection is 100% authentic. Tim's reputation all but confirms that he peddles in garbage, and is a bottom dweller.

That being said, the book is rare and as it is 1 of 10,000, it should have a better fate than at the back of my fireplace. I would like your opinions on what you would do, if the situation was reversed. Would you cover it with a book plate? Cross out the inscription with a marker? Remarque the entire page to erase the offending words? Acetone does not work as it is over 10 years old and was a roller-ball. The ink is permanent. If this was a Revival, or something with a 1,000,000 print run, I wouldn't be having this dilemma. That would be kindling during this cold winter now. The Gunslinger is one of my favorite stories and I love Michael's art. I just can't do that.

That is what I had to say. Any comments, opinions, or matches would be appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone.
    Take care.
    Gerald

My suggestion would be to contact Donald M. Grant and ask if they used the same paper stock for the 3rd edition Gunslinger. If the page itself is identical I would use it in rebinding. DMG may even have an extra page lying around. But even if it was rebound it would be worth less. Whoever did this will rot in hell.
    I would take an easier route (and perhaps? less expensive). In the same way that new tattoos are often done to cover up old, unwanted tattoos, I would contact an artist (e.g. Glenn Chardbourne, et al) to do a remarque that covers that up by somehow incorporating its lines into new art. Example:

A remarque cover-up may not be as easy as a remarque cover-up, but I would think it's still feasible.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald, I would try to attend a signing where SK is willing to sign any book (yes I know it doesn't happen often, but you are a patient man right?)
    Show him the book - explain you know it's a forgery and ask him to cross it out and sign it as the 'real 'Stephen King'. Now the book is authentic, has a real signature and a nice story.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 306 of 462 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 ... LastLast