Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Shannon

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love pictures. You know all the pics and info on the SK Collector website? Yeah, I have a form of that on my computer, for everything out there. But I also have a section devoted to my own stuff. So ... this is a ton of pics from my arrivals on May 17th, 2010. Two packages. One had a Ned Dameron remarqued (Number VI of 21) US First Edition Wastle Lands. The other had 12 audiobooks on cassette tape. Nothing crazy, but this thread is mine, so ha!

May 17th, 2010 Haul:

The Waste Lands: US First Edition (remarqued by Ned Dameron - Number VI of 21):

Black House: Audiobook Cassette:

Apt Pupil: Audiobook Cassette:

Everything's Eventual: Audiobook Cassette:

Gray Matter And Other Stories From Night Shift: Audiobook Cassette:

The Lawnmower Man And Other Stories From Night Shift: Audiobook Cassette:

The Mist In 3-D Sound: Audiobook Cassette:

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hearts In Atlantis: Audiobook Cassette:

From A Buick 8: Audiobook Cassette:

Riding The Bullet: Audiobook Cassette:

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon: Audiobook Cassette:

Dreamcatcher: Audiobook Cassette:

Bag Of Bones: Audiobook Cassette:

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that remarqued Wastelands!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, very nice Wastelands.
    you're not joking about the haul
    although.. I still think you robbed a bank.
    Congrats again !

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Love that remarqued Wastelands!
    +1

I even considered bidding, but decided against it.
    Lucky you!

sk

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've never gotten into audio books, but they definitely look interesting!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You won that "Wastelands" Remarqued copy right here at the Haven Auction, right?

Big time Congrats!!!!!!!!! Good Man!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Today's arrivals: 1 package, won from Ebay.

May 18, 2010:

The Waste Lands: Audiobook CD:

Just After Sunset: Audiobook CD:

It: Audiobook CD:

Cujo: Audiobook CD:

Blockade Billy: Audiobook CD:

Thinner: Audiobook Cassette:

Prime Evil: Audiobook Cassette:

The Green Mile: Audiobook Cassette:

Carrie: Audiobook Cassette:

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for the compliments. I started off with a clear goal: Collect Stephen King US First Editions. After that, I was going to move on to collecting all the Signed Limiteds out there (numbered, of course). But somewhere between that idea and "Wow, what's a remarque!?" I ended up losing sight of my old goal and gaining a new goal: COLLECT EVERYTHING!

I figure, I'm going to eventually buy everything, so why not just get whatever I want, whenever the price seems right? That's why I'm getting so many audiobooks recently from Ebay. The bundle of 12 cassette tape audiobooks from two posts ago, those came out to a dollar each, not including shipping, and the bundle of 10 CD/cassette tape I just posted, those came out to $3.50 each, not including shipping. I price checked one of the CDs right before I bought the bundle, checked out what people were buying IT on CD for , and the last one went for TWENTY SIX DOLLARS, with 3 different bidders. When I have the opportunity to buy a $26 CD (that I'm going to buy sometime or another ANYWAY) for $3.50, when I see a deal like that, I literally MUST buy it.

Another thing about audiobooks, I don't have a cassette player. I originally bought them just to have them. They look kinda cool sitting on top of my shelf. But ... on the way out the door one day, I grabbed my Blood & Smoke audiobook CD, brought it with me, listened to it in the car. I love it. I'm through the first story "Lunch At The Gotham Cafe", and I'm about halfway through "1408". I don't listen to it in the car with other people or anything, but when I'm buy myself, it's nice to throw on the audiobook and just ... go. I definitely see myself actually LISTENING to my CD audiobooks instead of having them just sit on the shelf.

Ur2ndbiggestfan: I liked how they did the autographs in Knowing Darkness also. The only thing I DON'T like about the book (and it might be in there, I haven't went through every page yet) is that there is no index. I was looking specifically for Jill Bauman's artwork, and I had to flip page after page after page until I saw something I recognized from her. Wouldn't it have been easier to have an index with every artist. I know the front page or so has a table of contents of the main main artists, but why not have an index in the back of everyone? Just a thought.

Richard: I didn't rob a bank! lol. You have to understand something. Somehow, in the past six months (and I blame a lot of this on my competitive streak, trying to compete with you guys on this forum! lol), I have become obsessed with collecting Stephen King items. I am ALWAYS broke. I'm military, so I don't have that muchmoney to begin with, lol, but now, I have somehow gotten into the habit of being ok with paying the phone bill late. You know what I mean? Don't know how it happens, but King collecting somehow took over the number one priority spot in my life. I don't wish this on anyone, lol.

Bob: I think I got a great deal on the Skeleton Crew treasure chest also. David priced it at about $700-800, which sounds good to me, lol. I've seen galleys and proofs and manuscripts and stuff before, but all for different books. I haven't seen anything like this --the editors corrections and the book layout and such-- for Skeleton Crew anywhere else. Have you? Like, if I have the only version with these types of annotations and packages and such, then I'd be so happy. But I would be disappointed if, per se, someone else had a treasure chest JUST like the one I have. You know what I mean?

Merlin1958: No, the Flying Monsters remarque was the last one from the set of 21 to be sold off. It went unsold the first time and then went back to Ned to do some additional work. He drew in the background and some other monsters. I spent a little bit more than I wanted to on it, but I'm of the mentality that when I WANT something, I gotta have it!

Frik: You're so funny, you want to see pics of my bent, torn, and worn audio cassettes when you have some AMAZING stuff in your collection. I haven't gone through your entire collection thread yet, but I LOVE what I've seen so far. I love the foreign books. I always see some on Ebay and the prices aren't too bad ... until I see how much it costs to ship some books from Israel, lol. Ridiculous. I'm going to wait until I get lucky and Betts has a huge shipment in of foreign books, then I'm gonna buy them all! I want to, like you did, put books of the same title next to each other and show off all the different covers. So cool. Do you have a reference website/checklist/book for all the foreign books? Or did you just buy them as you came across something new?

Thanks again guys, HOPEFULLY get my magazines up tonight or tomorrow. Some pretty interesting stuff (to me, probably not to most of you) in there.

Shannon

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Frik: You're so funny, you want to see pics of my bent, torn, and worn audio cassettes when you have some AMAZING stuff in your collection. I haven't gone through your entire collection thread yet, but I LOVE what I've seen so far. I love the foreign books. I always see some on Ebay and the prices aren't too bad ... until I see how much it costs to ship some books from Israel, lol. Ridiculous. I'm going to wait until I get lucky and Betts has a huge shipment in of foreign books, then I'm gonna buy them all! I want to, like you did, put books of the same title next to each other and show off all the different covers. So cool. Do you have a reference website/checklist/book for all the foreign books? Or did you just buy them as you came across something new?
    Hi Shannon,

No, not really. (first question)
    Yes, I have a rather haphazard way of collecting my foreign editions. Either I'm on holidays somewhere (living in the Netherlands it's not hard to cross borders) and I'm going from bookstore to bookstore -who cares about a stupid museum...- or friends take something along from their holidays. Everyone knows by now: every foreign hardcover is welcome - preferably in fine condition, but I'm not too picky.
    And yes, there's eBay. Not too many people seem te be interested in non-English (language wise) Kingbooks, so the price usually is right. But, I'm slowing down in my search. I'm up to five bookcases by now and enough is enough...seriously!! I do still buy the new books, of course (UK/US 1st/1sts) plus the new limiteds. But that's about it.

And, of course were're interested in seeing your magazines!!

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Richard: I didn't rob a bank! lol. You have to understand something. Somehow, in the past six months (and I blame a lot of this on my competitive streak, trying to compete with you guys on this forum! lol), I have become obsessed with collecting Stephen King items. I am ALWAYS broke. I'm military, so I don't have that muchmoney to begin with, lol, but now, I have somehow gotten into the habit of being ok with paying the phone bill late. You know what I mean? Don't know how it happens, but King collecting somehow took over the number one priority spot in my life. I don't wish this on anyone, lol.
    Just a word of advice if I may...

Embarking on any new venture carries with it a sense of excitement and anticipation; that feeling can become addicting. It is imperative that you learn quickly how to control it and not fall victim to it. Collecting should not be about "competing" especially when you are attempting to measure yourself against folks that have been doing this for 25 years. If you make it a competition, you will lose. You will lose pride when you feel that you cannot keep up, you will lose money trying to keep up, and you will lose the point of what collecting is supposed to be about. Especially in a market that carries some fairly expensive items, you could find yourself in a pretty bleak place very rapidly if you do not learn how to keep the "want" in check.

If you cannot pay your mortgage or electric bill you won't care how cool that remarque looks. When you cannot put bread on the table to feed yourself or your family you won't be worrying about how nice the UK covers on those books look. I'm being a little melodramatic to make a point: don't get so caught up in the moment that you become addicted, because that starts you down a road that is difficult to come back from. Collecting like this should be done for the love of it using discretionary income, not a contest whereby you are making decisions between a book and paying a phone bill late. No one built a world class collection in 6 months; it takes time, and isn't part of the joy of this hobby the hunt? The thrill of tracking something down that you've been wanting for years?

You're doing something you love, which is fantastic! Just keep your head about you and don't let what you love become something that consumes you.

Best,

Ric

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ric, thanks for the words of wisdom, I appreciate it. I am far from living on the street (I hope), and I understand it's not a competition, what I meant was ... Hmmm ... Oh, I know the perfect way to explain it. I've been talking with an artist, attempting to buy some original art from a Stephen King book. The response I got back was something like this (edited so no one with more money swoops in and takes my prize! lol):

"Shannon,
    I've created art for the following Stephen King books:
    1. EXAMPLE 1.
    I did 3 pieces of art and have sold 2 of them.

2. The cover of EXAMPLE 2 for the story, 'BLAH BLAH.' the MONTH AND YEAR issue. The art has been sold.

3. 4 pieces of art for EXAMPLE 3. 3 have been sold."

I hear that and I think, WOW, they only have TWO PIECES LEFT. Now, whether I like and/or want and/or can afford one of those pieces at this time is a different story, but my point is ... my mentality is I must BUY IT NOW or else it will be a) gone forever or b) not available at the low price I currently find things at.

So, in essence, I'm kind of competiting with myself and against the head start that everyone else has gotten. lol that reminds me of part of an email I sent David recently:

"I see you lowered some prices recently. It's a never ending cycle! I tell myself 'OK, I'm gonna take a break for a month or two, maybe pay off my car' and then you go and put some great priced stuff on your website! I'm gonna hold off for as long as I can. Maybe I'll last the month or two, but I doubt it. "

I think I would like to pay off my car ... Three months of Stephen King Collecting funds and it should be beyond paid off, and then I can go back to collecting ... But see, what if I find a great deal in the meantime? Ugh, it would be so difficult to pass on it. OK ... save money, save money, pay off car. That's my new Stephen King goal ... LOL. I intend on tracking my progress through my collection thread also. I have a little bit of stuff I reserved over the next month and a half, so some stuff will still be bought, but no more new stuff ... OH GOD! ... starting ... now.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

F13

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Audiobooks on top of my Stephen King Shelf:

My May 16th, 2011 Haul:

All my current magazines:

Top Left:

Top Right:

Bottom Left:

Bottom Right:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Now I know why they invented the word "overwhelming". That's a LOT of nice stuff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman #400:

Bizarre Adventures #29:

Bizarro!:

Booknotes:

Cosmopolitan: March, 1976:

Cosmopolitan: December, 1985:

Creepshow:

Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine: December, 1980:

Fangoria #35:

Fangoria #45:

Gallery: December, 1981:

Gallery: January, 1986:

A Gift From Maine:

Heroes For Hope Starring The X-Men #1:

High Times: January, 1981:

The Magazine Of Fantasy & Science Fiction: February, 1983:

The Magazine Of Fantasy & Science Fiction: June, 1984:

The Magazine Of Fantasy & Science Fiction: December, 1990:

Masques: Book Two

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Murder Ink:

Murderess Ink:

National Lampoon: May, 1984:

Newsweek: June, 1985:

Omni: July, 1980:

Omni: August, 1980:

Omni: October, 1986:

People Weekly: August, 1984:

Penthouse: March, 1977:

Playboy: January, 1981:

Playboy: January, 1982:

Playboy: January, 1983:

Playboy: June, 1983:

Time: October, 1986:

The Tomb Of Dracula: May, 1980:

The Tomb Of Dracula: June, 1980:

TV Guide: December 5-11, 1981:

TV Guide: October 30-November 5, 1982:

TV Guide: April 30-May 6, 1983:

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Twilight Zone Magazine: June, 1981:

The Twilight Zone Magazine: May, 1982:

The Twilight Zone Magazine, June, 1983:

The Twilight Zone Magazine: February, 1985:

Weirdbook #19:

Country
    Country Flag

Collecting for about half a year now, Shannon, you said??
    Awesome!

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

It is a LOT of nice items!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive magazine collection.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

May 24th, 2011 Additions:

Dolan's Cadillac: Signed Limited Edition

Quietly Now: Signed Limited Edition, edited by Kealan Patrick Burke

The Face That Must Die: Signed Limited Edition, by Ramsey Campbell

TV Guide: April 26-May 2, 1997

TV Guide: February 13-19, 1999

The Diary Of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life At Rose Red: First Edition, edited by Joyce Reardon, PH.D.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow.. Dolan sig lim +Quietly Now sig lim + The Face That Must Die sig lim !!! CONGRATS !!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

May 25th, 2011 Additions:

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born: Hardcover Collection

The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home: Hardcover Collection

The Dark Tower: Treachery: Hardcover Collection

The Dark Tower: Fall Of Gilead: Hardcover Collection

The Dark Tower: Battle Of Jericho Hill: Hardcover Collection

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins: Hardcover Collection

The Stand: Captain Trips: Hardcover Collection

The Stand: American Nightmares: Hardcover Collection

The Stand: Soul Survivors: Hardcover Collection

The Stand: Hardcases: Hardcover Collection

The Talisman: Volume 1: The Road Of Trials: Hardcover Collection

N.: Hardcover Collection

American Vampire: Hardcover Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats all very cool stuff!!!!!

In that pic of your shelves are those First/First's of "Carrie", "Salem's Lot" and "Night Shift"?

If so I'd LOVE to see detailed pics of those!!!!!!!!

Also, you might want to "parse" out the pics some for easier reference. Just a thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast