Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: WeDealInLead

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice collection!!!!! Now all you need is a case or two made by Dolso!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice looking presentation.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I took all non-King books out now that I have most of the US first editions. This is not complete and of course the ones missing are the expensive ones. Getting there though....
    I split the closet into 3 pictures for better viewing:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice pictures! Is that a signed LEGENDS?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just a trade edition. Those last few books are just space holders until I get the books I'm still missing. Danse Macabre is on the way and then it's Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, Night Shift, The Gunslinger and Song of Susannah.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Lord, that traycased KNOWING DARKNESS is freakin' huge! I've seen lots of photos of it, but somehow the way you have it displayed right next to all the other formerly-known-as-large books really nails the perspective of its grandiosity.

I like the way you have your signed INSOMNIA print framed. It goes very well with the print.

Overall, it's great watching how you face the same issue I can relate to: Which books to display and how to display them - and how those decisions evolve along with the growth of your collection.

Country
    Country Flag

My display is pretty simple but yeah, I'm overthinking it constantly. I just took The Stand out of its traycase (the white one from The Collector) and I have the empty case parked next to Knowing Darkness. White among the somewhat darker colours of the top shelf books looks really neat... and The Stand doesn't look awkward among other books now.

Just received a Danse Macabre with a good DJ except the title is partially faded. Not my favourite book so I'll live with that... until I find a better copy.

First world problems...

(Riding the Bullet slipcased and Song of Susannah are off the want list as of this morning)

Country
    Country Flag

Time for an update, it's been two months. This time we'll look at comics first. These are just either complete collections or hardcovers. I have 8 more boxes of single issues or trades and hardcovers but these to me make sense when displayed. First up is an all-in-one pic. On the left speaker is a rubber ducky, The Mailman paperback and Wolves CDs.

First shelf are some classic Batman titles, Y: The Last Man, Air and Ex Machina complete sets. Other sets are complete but each are still running. DMZ, Scalped and Northlanders are AMAZING stories first and foremost. They're also very nice to look at.

Second shelf is dedicated to the man himself, Warren Ellis. This is a by no means complete collection but it's pretty close. Missing is stuff I have at my friend's place, some of his early work or DC comics. His best is work is creator-owned stuff so no rush. His comics for Avatar are smart, funny and they're quality products too.

Next is a dedicated Garth Ennis shelf. His Preacher got me into comics. I sold the trades and I'm buying hardcovers as they're coming out. I still haven't started buying Punisher hardcovers but they're on top of the list.

Last we have a mixed bag (shelf) of Alan Moore, Joss Whedon, Joe Hill (first two signed personally at a reading), King etc

Two bookcases of assorted goodies. Pictured also are LPs and some 7"es. Most of the latter ones are somewhere in a closet. Records range from Minor Threat to D.R.I. to Napalm Death to Helmet... some Sabbath and AC/DC too. On the left in its case is a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard in ebony. Sweet looking guitar.

First we have signed trades by Joe Hill (inscribed to me), Gaiman, Del Toro, McCammon, Scalzi S/Ls and then a bunch of Tim Lebbon. They're all signed, trades inscribed. Next is the Maelstrom II set and mostly sci-fi paperbacks: Niven, Heinlein, Silverberg, Vance etc.

The picture speaks for itself. The plan is to collect Simmons S/L starting with his first book. Anyone have a reasonably priced Carrion Comfort, either S/L or signed? I love those Centipede Press books. Simple and classy. I can't wait for the new Oxrun book. I'm also missing a lettered of The Damned by William Ollie. Other than that, that's it as far as his signed hardcovers go.

Same shelf, 2nd half:

A little bit of number 1 of 13:

Oh hey, more Ellis and Ennis. Some guy named Neil Gaiman too. My wife gets me an Absolute Sandman each birthday. I'm planning on unwrapping the 3rd one and finishing it before 11/19. I'm a big SW fan. I have roughly 60 trades (comics, not books) somewhere in a box.

Mixed bag of signed paperbacks, BCE and first editions. I'm running out of room so I have a little double row action going on:

Back row. First editions. Simmons and some of the Slade books are signed.

I don't dare go through these. I remember there's some Niven in there but that's it.

Moving on to King. Top shelf:

All first editions except the matching books on the far left. Affordable, great looking books. I like some of them more than the original ones.

More first editions. Some anthologies at the bottom too:

Best for last:

I have the 1st edition of The Shining and Secret Windows on the way to me. After that I need Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, Night Shift and The Gunslinger and the US first editions set is complete.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it.....nice display

Mulleins

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great display!

Country
    Country Flag

Fours books in two days is my kind of average...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

4 great new books... Congrats !!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

WeDeal...
    Congrats on the new four,
    Especially the Shining, Very nice.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You really need a Dolso case to make "The Shining" special. I ain't joking, your collection screams for it as a centerpiece. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I like both the case and most of the artwork but the price is too much for me.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I like both the case and most of the artwork but the price is too much for me.
    Maybe he would split the payments up for you and you could pretend your paying less?

P.S. You should go for it. I have one of the Night Shift cases and they look awesome.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What a nice collection you have. Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Today's going to be a busy one but I'll try to get a few pictures up later. I have a couple new anthologies, audio books and S/Ls by other authors. Hardcover collections by Warren Ellis. I know there aren't many people who collect comics but the man is a genius and I love his work.

Country
    Country Flag

Here are recent acqusitions.

I'll never be able to afford a S/L of The Gunslinger so a first edition will have to do.

Can't ever have too many anthologies:

Three Complete Novels looks right at home with those reprints. I'm working a.k.a. checking eBay for first printings of first 3 books.

I'll make a "Collectible Tim Lebbon" thread sometime soon. For now though, here are 4 new books in my collection:

I'm slowly working on a Dan Simmons collection. Top want: Carrion Comfort S/L.

I think these are the latest buys but I'm SURE there are just as many I can't remember:

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Some awesome new additions, P.! Congratulations.

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations !

Take good care of that Gunslinger

Gunslinger Apprentice stevohump will become famous soon enough stevohump's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Stuff. Keep us updated on the progress of the US 1st collecting.
    ROLL TIDE......14 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

The souls of humans have become poor and transparent things.
    - Elvid in "Fair Extension"

Country
    Country Flag

I collect this guy:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-William-Ollie

Newest King addition:

Country
    Country Flag

New goodies:

Gerald's Game:

Viking first printing of The Gunslinger and the Bag of Bones movie tie-in. I have Viking first editions of books 2,3 and 4 on the way.

This stuff was on sale at a local comic shop. Not something I actively look for but it was there and I had some cash on me so what the hell...
    [/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast