Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 158 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good photos, Karl. Thanks for sharing.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Literatur Festival
    Fil Guadalajara Mexico 26.11 - 04.12.11
    26 German authors and illustrators inkl. literature Nobel Prize winner Herta Müller,
    Doris Dörrie, Wladimir Kaminer, Reinhard Kleist

http://www.alemania2011.com/es/

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder why he always has law enforcement at his signings now? Do you think he receives credible threats?

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't think that has much to do with King himself. Any time these places expect to have that many people around at one time they tend to add actual police to the place for peace keeping purposes.
    Christine

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Crowd control, but there are also some overzealous fans out there.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One can only imagine some of the uuh... "colorful" ... fans King has attracted over the years.

Gunslinger Apprentice stevohump will become famous soon enough stevohump's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey. Everybody. I am headed to the Alpharetta/ Atlanta event on the 14th. I assume it will be much like the Sarasota signing. Anybody have a good suggested time to get there if they will start handing out bracelets at 7 am? Also, how bad was the hotel situation around the signing location, any reason for making reservations. Thanks for help
    ROLL TIDE......14 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

The souls of humans have become poor and transparent things.
    - Elvid in "Fair Extension"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One hour earlier than your best estimates!!!!

Good Luck!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stevohump View Post
    Hey. Everybody. I am headed to the Alpharetta/ Atlanta event on the 14th. I assume it will be much like the Sarasota signing. Anybody have a good suggested time to get there if they will start handing out bracelets at 7 am? Also, how bad was the hotel situation around the signing location, any reason for making reservations. Thanks for help
    We arrived at 9am for wristbands to be handed out at noon.
    The line was wrapped around the building.
    People had started lining up the day before and spent the night in line.
    Not saying Atlanta will be like that, but Sarasota sure as hell was.

Karl

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone has an extra "event" card (from B&N) from the Sarasota, Fl signing please let me know. Thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Merged.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will be leaving this evening around 10pm central time to head to Alphretta, GA for my long journy to get a 2nd SK signed book for my collection.

Anyone else going to this signing and want to meet up, have breakfast etc.?
    Christine

Gunslinger Apprentice stevohump will become famous soon enough stevohump's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Will be leaving this evening around 10pm central time to head to Alphretta, GA for my long journy to get a 2nd SK signed book for my collection.

Anyone else going to this signing and want to meet up, have breakfast etc.?
    I am heading into Alpharetta tonight, getting ready for that good sleep in the parking lot. Where are you coming from?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

From SKMB:

You do not have to buy your copy of 11/22/63 from Walmart but if you bring one of your own they will be putting a sticker on the back cover of your book to distinguish it from store copies. Don't want anyone arrested for shoplifting or being charged for a copy they've already purchased elsewhere.

They had ordered 800 event copies which have been held separately from the other stock and will not be put out until the day of the event so there should be plenty available since only 400 wristbands will be given out that are guaranteed a signing spot and 200 non-guaranteed.

Not mentioned but the primary reason we asked for the follow up call with Walmart was to avoid any recurrence of the issues that happened at Sarasota with wristbands being given out before the advertised time. Although Walmart will allow people to be there even overnight as they recognize that some people will be coming from out-of-state, they will not be allowing any queuing up before 7 AM which is the time they've set to hand out the wristbands. Once they've received their wristband, people will then be given a time slot when they can return later in the day to avoid having to remain there from 7 AM until 7 PM when the signing begins. As he did in Dundalk, MD, Steve will be doing a pre-signing hello to those in attendance and Walmart will have a stage area set up so that he should be able to be seen by the crowd.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Any chance of SK doing a signing in pa or nj? I'm in south jersey that's why I ask

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What does queuing up mean? Does it mean no lining up until 7 am. If so, is it just gonna be a mad dash at 7am to get wristbands?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I took it to mean: no lining up before 7 (which is a pain in the butt).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Just talked to the Walmart. there are around 40 people there already. People are lining up , but the wristbands won't be given out until 7AM, I guess they ahd a problem with them being given out earlier in FL so they don't want that to happen this time.

I will be there around 1am Eastern time, I am assumeing there won't be 400 people there by then. Atleast hoping so anyway, fingers crossed.
    Christine

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just talked to the Walmart. there are around 40 people there already. People are lining up , but the wristbands won't be given out until 7AM, I guess they ahd a problem with them being given out earlier in FL so they don't want that to happen this time.

I will be there around 1am Eastern time, I am assumeing there won't be 400 people there by then. Atleast hoping so anyway, fingers crossed.
    Good luck. I am sure you will be fine getting there 6 hours before wristband time. Hope you are dressed for the weather although it doesn't look too bad. weather.com says a low of 41 and no rain.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck and take plenty of pictures.

Edit: I love all the sights at Walmart

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Me and ChristineB are here in Alpharetta. If anybody else here, maybe we can meet up. Its pretty cold but not horrible

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy the experience, Steve and Christine. Post a photo!

Someone posted about the need for security at these events. Ms. Mod posted the following on SKMB: At both the Boston and Sarasota events someone chased after him in their car because they weren't one of the ones who were able to get a book signed at the events. It was both scary and dangerous for them and others around them.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did he pull over to sign their book?

Spoiler:
    I'm kidding of course.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wow, that happened at the Boston one? Everyone there was able to get a signed book. It would have had to of been someone coming in last min, and then what do they expect?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 158 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast