Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 158 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have a dream and that dream is too meet him! A sig would be great too!!!

Ahh, He's a Red Sux fan so not very interesting beyond his books. Now, Derek Jeter is a guy I would like to meet!! LOL
    I'm not sure SK's Sox fandom is the extent of his personality.

You need to let this go.

The Sox are terrible. The Yanks are mediocre. Move on.

Unless you're actually Mariah Carey and have been posting under a very strange psedonym for the past few years I'm also not sure Derek Jeter would have much to say to you...sorry.
    Hey, don't hold anything back. Let it all out, Rahfa!! LOL

Let me know what you like in the world too so I can take a dump on it for you as well!! LOL J/K

I was and am just trying to be facetious is all. Sorry to have offended you in some way.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Toronto was great as well. My only regret was not bringing more books as I probably could have gotten through the line twice. I would feel a bit guilty about doing that though as some abuse that process. I still ended up with two pre-signed copies of Dr. Sleep and getting my own copies of Cujo and Christine signed. There is something very satisfying about seeing King actually sign the book as you have no doubt it is authentic.
    David mentioned in his interview that we were allowed to get two SK to sign two books each, but I thought it was one per person in Toronto? any body else recall? I ended up taking wife, brother and friend! Just to get 4 signed!
    It was one, in-person signature per ticket, and you were allowed to buy a presigned copy of Doctor Sleep.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    He told me a joke in Paris.......... It only took him about 10 seconds to tell it though.
    And what was it? :p
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    He told me a joke in Paris.......... It only took him about 10 seconds to tell it though.
    And what was it? :p
    "There was a Scotsman, a Frenchman...."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and a hooker...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It was more to do with a Scotsman and a ewe - But RF's and Mr RT's joint effort sounds a lot better!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"There was a Scotsman, a Frenchman and a ewe
    they went in the back room to screw
    the Frenchman disrobed
    The Scot he did probe
    and the sheep decried oooh!"

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Toronto was great as well. My only regret was not bringing more books as I probably could have gotten through the line twice. I would feel a bit guilty about doing that though as some abuse that process. I still ended up with two pre-signed copies of Dr. Sleep and getting my own copies of Cujo and Christine signed. There is something very satisfying about seeing King actually sign the book as you have no doubt it is authentic.
    David mentioned in his interview that we were allowed to get two SK to sign two books each, but I thought it was one per person in Toronto? any body else recall? I ended up taking wife, brother and friend! Just to get 4 signed!
    It was one, in-person signature per ticket, and you were allowed to buy a presigned copy of Doctor Sleep.

Thanks! That is what i thought, but then i was doubting myself!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    the Frenchman disrobed
    The Scot he did probe
    Funny! But King's Scottsman/Rolling Stones joke was better

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

the Frenchman disrobed
    The Scot he did probe
    Haha rep points for that!!

ETA: I need to "spread the love around" before I can give you rep points.
    Last edited by The Library Policeman; 08-04-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Update.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    the Frenchman disrobed
    The Scot he did probe
    Funny! But King's Scottsman/Rolling Stones joke was better

That's the one

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I made mine up in 30 seconds. I can't remember King's joke, but I do remember it was funny.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If I remember right... What's the difference between The Rolling Stones and a Scottsman?

The Rolling Stones say 'Hey you, get off of my cloud'. A Scottsman says 'Hey McCloud, get off of my ewe'. Love it!!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was one per person as well, but it was Canada and they seemed more relaxed. I only got two signed books because I had someone with me. The Mason event was well run but they were sticklers for one per ticket. I had a friend there and they practically frisked him when I was getting my book signed. You never know what is going to happen at these events. Sometimes nothing you are told turns out to be true. I also remember a lot of people walking out on King to get in line for the signing in Toronto which was a bit awkward.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That was awkward...you could sense he was wrapping up the interview portion, and like 20-30 people bolted from the auditorium to get in the signing line.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

SKMB Mod: GS3 - Short for Gulfstream 3--the charter plane model that Steve usually travels in to get to appearance locations.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    SKMB Mod: GS3 - Short for Gulfstream 3--the charter plane model that Steve usually travels in to get to appearance locations.
    ?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    ?

He was commenting about my question on Stephenking.com. Ms Mod was referencing the G3.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    If I remember right... What's the difference between The Rolling Stones and a Scottsman?

The Rolling Stones say 'Hey you, get off of my cloud'. A Scottsman says 'Hey McCloud, get off of my ewe'. Love it!!
    Haha yep. I told him I was Scottish and that's what he hit me with

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Even better than 1st class airline travel.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always have my doubts that King signed a book unless I see it myself. When I see a stack of hundreds of pre-signed books like they had in Toronto it gives me some pause. It must take hours to sign all those. I'm not saying he uses an auto pen but it must be tempting. I remember Crichton selling signed copies of jurassic park which turned out go be auto penned. There is some ambiguity to what is meant by "signed." Again, I don't think King does this but I like to see it for myself.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I always have my doubts that King signed a book unless I see it myself. When I see a stack of hundreds of pre-signed books like they had in Toronto it gives me some pause. It must take hours to sign all those. I'm not saying he uses an auto pen but it must be tempting. I remember Crichton selling signed copies of jurassic park which turned out go be auto penned. There is some ambiguity to what is meant by "signed." Again, I don't think King does this but I like to see it for myself.
    I think the rough estimate of books he signed in Paris was around 600 in a timescale of approx 2 to 2.5 hours
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Tooooo much bookreading events in the next weeks.

Just bought tickets for some nice events,
    Two interesting for all SK fans.
    One of the FANTASTIC locations.

MS CAP SAN DIEGO

http://www.capsandiego.de/das-schiff-zum-thema.html

Now I can participate at the same time in a radio recording of a discussion program about the Hamburg literary scene.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get Ready....

JANUARY 29, 2015 7:00 PM AUTHOR EVENT
    MANATEE LIBARY FOUNDATION (FL)

Presents “An Evening With Stephen King”

http://www.manateelibraryfoundation.org/

Tickets go on sale 11/1/14

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Get Ready....

JANUARY 29, 2015 7:00 PM AUTHOR EVENT
    MANATEE LIBARY FOUNDATION (FL)

Presents “An Evening With Stephen King”

http://www.manateelibraryfoundation.org/

Tickets go on sale 11/1/14
    It's not a signing.

Stephen-King-to-speak-at-Manatee-library-fundraiser
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 158 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast