Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 158 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fuuuuuck
    My phone battery was literaly dead, died by 2pm... and being home just now i realised that my main contact at the publisher emailed me at 2pm asking me if i was in the queue and asking me to call her :-(
    Too bloody late!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

our after-signing photo

I know some of you were there, I asked for people from DarkDower.org but found o ne ;(
    Too bad - maybe we'll meet at GrandRex
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    our after-signing photo

I know some of you were there, I asked for people from DarkDower.org but found o ne ;(
    CONGRATS !!!
    see you in HAMBURG !!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    our after-signing photo

NICE !
    I did notice the .PL tee shirts while in the queue, but were a bit busy discussing with others.
    Maybe we'll meet saturday?

My "report" of the night & signing
    >>> http://club-stephenking.fr/3551-actualite
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I did notice the .PL tee shirts while in the queue, but were a bit busy discussing with others.
    Maybe we'll meet saturday?
    Sure... That would be great.
    If you will see someone in that t-shirt come along and ask about burial . Don't hesitate...
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Back home from Paris now and thought I'd share my experience of the signing. Feel free to skip this long post if you want to, folks. It'll probably bore you to death!!, but it was really amazing and exciting for me to meet my idol for the first time.
    Any way, I arrived in Paris the day before the signing and asked my hotel receptionist to book me a taxi for 7 am the next morning. I figured/hoped this would be early enough to join the line at the venue and luckily enough it was.
    I arrived at the bookstore at around 7;15 and there was already lots of people there. After a couple of minutes a lady came up to me and wrote the number 206 on my hand. I kinda figured I was "in" at this point. There then followed 7 hours of cold and boredom as I waited in line and I couldn't even really chat to those around me as they were all French!! Lol.

Here's a couple of pictures of the venue and the waiting line (taken with my Iphone so apologies for the quality).

I finally got inside the bookstore at 2pm after the line started to move:

And got my first glimpse of King a couple of minutes later. The line moved pretty fast and here he is signing the book for the person in front of me:

Then it was my turn

ME: Hello Mr King.

SK: Hi.

ME: I flew in from Scotland to see you.

SK: Did you, really? Wanna hear a Scottish joke?

ME: Yeah, that'd be great.

SK: What's the difference between Mick Jagger and a Scotsman? Mick sings "Hey you get off of my cloud" and a Scotsman sings "Hey MacLeod get off of my ewe"

ME: (laughing) That's great.

SK: (chuckling)

ME: (shaking his hand) Pleasure to meet you Mr King.

SK: (shaking my hand) Likewise.

And that was it. My brief meeting with my idol was over. But for him to shake my hand - and take a little time to tell me a little joke about my homeland (even if it DID hint at us all being involved in sheep copulation lol) - is something I'll treasure forever. I then exited the bookstore with a grin on my face that would have lit up the whole of Paris.

Oh and he signed this for me before he told me his little joke:

It really was a fantastic experience and I'm so happy I made the trip. I'll share my experience of the Grand Rex event in the appropriate "Paris reading" thread later.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Fascinating!

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a really great story, Alan.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT story Alan, CONGRATS !!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, guys.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great story.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the book and meeting, Alan!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

PARTY WITH JOE HILL

Not an official signing but...

RiveRun Bookstore in NH is doing a Ho-Ho-HOS4A2 Christmas Party with Joe Hill on Dec 12

RiverRun Bookstore
    142 Fleet Street
    Portsmouth, NH 03801

For those who live in the East, and for those who like to travel (heads up Explorer)...
    Maybe Daddy will attend Joe's party??

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/ho-ho-ho...opy+of+11%2F15

Edit: Alan great story and really appreciate the pics! Congrats.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Back home from Paris now and thought I'd share my experience of the signing. Feel free to skip this long post if you want to, folks. It'll probably bore you to death!!, but it was really amazing and exciting for me to meet my idol for the first time.
    Any way, I arrived in Paris the day before the signing and asked my hotel receptionist to book me a taxi for 7 am the next morning. I figured/hoped this would be early enough to join the line at the venue and luckily enough it was.
    I arrived at the bookstore at around 7;15 and there was already lots of people there. After a couple of minutes a lady came up to me and wrote the number 206 on my hand. I kinda figured I was "in" at this point. There then followed 7 hours of cold and boredom as I waited in line and I couldn't even really chat to those around me as they were all French!! Lol.

Here's a couple of pictures of the venue and the waiting line (taken with my Iphone so apologies for the quality).

And got my first glimpse of King a couple of minutes later. The line moved pretty fast and here he is signing the book for the person in front of me:

Then it was my turn

SK: What's the difference between Mick Jagger and a Scotsman? Mick sings "Hey you get off of my cloud" and a Scotsman sings "Hey MacLeod get off of my ewe"

And that was it. My brief meeting with my idol was over. But for him to shake my hand - and take a little time to tell me a little joke about my homeland (even if it DID hint at us all being involved in sheep copulation lol) - is something I'll treasure forever. I then exited the bookstore with a grin on my face that would have lit up the whole of Paris.

It really was a fantastic experience and I'm so happy I made the trip. I'll share my experience of the Grand Rex event in the appropriate "Paris reading" thread later.

Dude, that's AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story Alan! The Shining looks fantastic!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post

Then it was my turn

Pretty cool!
    I think that he had quite a lot of fun during his french journey. He seemed mostly relaxed and having fun!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone

And I think you're right Jeremy. Every time I spotted King he seemed to be relaxed and smiling.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Today, 20.00 Livestream from the Hamburg Event
    http://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/

Country
    Country Flag

Polish team is at sternchance cafe... No one else here
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Today, 20.00 Livestream from the Hamburg Event
    http://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/
    is that 20:00 local time (ie 19:00 GMT) ?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

From Lilja this morning. Damn, no book tour...

2 new books confirmed for 2014!
    Posted: November 26, 2013, 10:11:31
    On the official Stephen King message board the moderator has confirmed that two new books will be released next hear.

There will be two fiction books out next year but Hall Monitor has it right, we're not quite there yet in releasing official info on those other than the titles, which Stephen has mentioned when he was on his book tour for Doctor Sleep. The titles are Mr. Mercedes and Revival.

The moderator also confirmed that King will NOT do any book tours during 2014.

He's taking 2014 off--no book tours. There will be two books out next year--he's already written them--but he won't be doing book tours for them.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Markus Lanz Talkshow with STEPHEN KING 21.11.13

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

He's taking 2014 off--no book tours. There will be two books out next year--he's already written them--but he won't be doing book tours for them.
    I guess that means Mr. Mercedes and Revival will be very tough to find signed.
    Bummer.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

I guess that means Mr. Mercedes and Revival will be very tough to find signed.
    Bummer.
    Signed trades will be a challenge. The S/L's should be easier.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1-2 more bookreading events from 2013 in Hamburg....

Spoiler:
    Horror authors bookreading event with Vincent Voss, Rona Walter, Kristina Lohfeldt and other in the spookey Hamburg Dungeon. A better location is not possible. An amazing evening... creepy.......

Hamburg Dungeon
    http://www.thedungeons.com/hamburg/de/

Kristina Lohfeldt

Kristina Lohfeldt FB
    https://de-de.facebook.com/pages/The...99490653416599

The newest project from Rona Walter...
    she translated PAX BRITANNIA - Unnatural History from Jonathan Green
    My inscriped book:

Rona Walter HP
    https://twitter.com/MistressRona

An other event with Rona + Kristina

+ Reply to Thread