Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 158 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Ziplock plastic bags large enough that you can retrieve book quickly.
    I would also recommend you use a blank card or paper placed at page you wish signed.
    THIS! I didnt mark the pages to be signed and if it hadn't been for my daughter and Mrs Explorer helping me just before I got to King I probably would have been sent to the back of the line for being so disorganized.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

DT4.
    Ditto
    reality continues to ruin my life

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I would also recommend you use a blank card or paper placed at page you wish signed.
    THIS! I didnt mark the pages to be signed and if it hadn't been for my daughter and Mrs Explorer helping me just before I got to King I probably would have been sent to the back of the line for being so disorganized.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

DT4.
    Ditto
    Really, you would have been sent away if you didnt 'mark' the page to be signed ???
    thx for the tip about the ziplock plastic bag. Although i dont have any and dunno where to buy those
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

She was kidding about being sent to end of the line...but they do prefer you have your DJ folded to the page to be signed...that way the author can just open the book and sign without looking for the right page. It speeds things along.

King easily signed 400 books in about an hour in Toronto, and that was because there were handlers making sure that people had their books ready when they got to King.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Regarding tips & questions :
    - Since this is november and that there will be some waiting, it MAY rain. What would you put valuable books in, to protect them in a backpack?
    Closed padded enveloppe should do the trick!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

already packed and waiting for departure time to Paris...
    See you there
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    already packed and waiting for departure time to Paris...
    See you there
    I am unpacking and heading for the hotel bar...

Country
    Country Flag

And my girlfriend who just came back from Scotland didnt pack any Irn Bru.... :-(

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be there at 9:30 in the morning

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've just been round to the signing venue and this is where he is doing the singing. This will be the backdrop behind him. (I managed to steal a few poster as well, although they are in French).

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep me a poster, Mr T

Traveler Valerija is on a distinguished road

Hi! I'm going to Paris tomorrow and I'm sooo excited! This will be my very first book signing, so I wanted to ask, what do you think when I should get in line? I'm going there all by myself (I'm from Germany) and I don't know if it's really necessary to sleep outside... The whole night? Though I'd be willing to do that

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

i would drive around and when a line starts get in iT!!! We had a 3 pm appt time, people started lining up at 7 am. no reason to wait in line, everybody got everything they wanted signed! but it is fun talking to everyone while in line. 1st time, i wouldnt want to miss it!

Traveler Valerija is on a distinguished road

Thank you! It's very close to my hotel, so I'll just check it every now and then. I'm sure it will be fun! And coooold!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

First arrived and first success.... CONGRATS !!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

At Edinburgh Airport enjoying my 1st beer of the trip whilst waiting on my flight to board.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Have fun, everyone!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    i would drive around and when a line starts get in iT!!! We had a 3 pm appt time, people started lining up at 7 am. no reason to wait in line, everybody got everything they wanted signed! but it is fun talking to everyone while in line. 1st time, i wouldnt want to miss it!
    Many people ask this same question. I do not have any answer. I was told that the venue expect 5000-6000 people but i dont know how close from the truth it will be. This is his only signing event in europe since the london one...
    All i would say is that i expect people starting slowly to arrive by 7-8.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

More reports!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Nice display
    PLEASE Mr RT - More Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I've just been round to the signing venue and this is where he is doing the singing. This will be the backdrop behind him. (I managed to steal a few poster as well, although they are in French).

reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Nice display
    PLEASE Mr RT - More Pics!
    Went up the Eifel Tower this morning to take lots of photos. Couldn't see a damn thing other than cloud. That was a waste of time.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

SO, You've looked at clouds from both sides now, From up and down?

Country
    Country Flag

Sticks fingers down throat.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Sticks fingers down throat.
    You're just mad because you really don't know clouds at all.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Valerija View Post
    Thank you! It's very close to my hotel, so I'll just check it every now and then. I'm sure it will be fun! And coooold!
    Have a blast and.... Welcome to the site!!! Visit regularly and post often!! Look around and visit with the best damn King site on the web!!

When you have 5 posts, all member options become open to you!!!

Good luck at the signing!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

According to Stephen Kings instagram, there were more than 3000 people! With a lot of them arriving after 8-9am....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 158 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast