Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 158 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, last time I called a couple months back the guy running the show said Doctor Sleep will be pre-signed and there will be a one hour long signing after the Q&A. He seemed pretty confident about the info.

edited for additional information:
    http://pencanada.ca/news/stephen-kin...anada-benefit/

Scroll down to comments and you'll see a reply from Brendan. He's the event organizer.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Ahh thanks very much. I also didnt know the signed Dr Sleeps were going to be for sale. Im getting my events mixed up. Like NY, MA and Co I thot the ticket purchase included a Dr Sleep. I assumed at this event we then stood in line to get it plus another book signed.
    Appreciate the info WDIL. Do let us know if you hear anything else that might be helpful.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I hope there isn't a last minute change so I don't end up looking like an ass in front of everyone here.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Yep, last time I called a couple months back the guy running the show said Doctor Sleep will be pre-signed and there will be a one hour long signing after the Q&A. He seemed pretty confident about the info.

edited for additional information:
    http://pencanada.ca/news/stephen-kin...anada-benefit/

Scroll down to comments and you'll see a reply from Brendan. He's the event organizer.
    OOOO I do need to slow down & read things closer here.. For a minute I thought our "Friend" Brennan was signing for King...

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Received an email from Harvard this morning. A little disappointing to hear, but King will only be signing 250 books for the Harvard event. Which means, according to Ms. Mod over at the SK website, he will sign the same amount at each stop.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A Message from Harvard Book Store:
    Below you will find important information about ticketing, seating, and book distribution for our event with Stephen King on Friday, September 27.
    Please make sure everyone in your party has an individual ticket with barcode (printable at the bottom of this message).

If your question isn't answered below, please e-mail it to info@harvard.com.

Location and access

Where is the event?

The event will take place at Harvard’s Memorial Church (not to be confused with Harvard’s Memorial Hall). Memorial Church is located in Harvard Yard, across from Widener Library. Map: http://goo.gl/maps/KSqbE

What time do doors open?
    The doors will open at approximately 6:00 PM. We plan to get started at 7:00 PM.

Is there parking or a special drop-off area for the event?
    There is no reserved parking at the event. If you’re planning on arriving by car, there are several parking garages in Harvard Square: http://www.harvardsquare.com/maps.aspx. Widener Gate, across the street from Panera on Massachusetts Avenue, will be open to those who need to be dropped off by car for the event.

Is there a separate wheelchair-accessible entrance?
    There is a wheelchair-accessible entrance on the north side of the church, facing Canaday Hall. An elevator is available. Harvard Book Store staff will be on hand to provide directions and assistance as needed. Please plan to arrive early so we can accommodate any special needs. E-mail us ahead of time at info@harvard.com with any questions or concerns.

Tickets

What do I need to get in to the event?

Have your ticket with scannable barcode (or QR code) out and ready to be scanned as you approach the doors to the church. Print out your scannable barcodes from this email (via the “Print Tickets” button at the bottom of this page), or load your ticket via the EventBrite app on a smartphone.

My party is arriving separately. Does each attendee need a separate barcode for admission?
    Yes. Please make sure that each member of your party is holding an individual scannable barcode when they approach the entrance to the church. No one will be admitted to the event without an individual ticket with barcode.

Seating

Is it numbered or open seating?
    The event will have open seating, on a first-come, first-served basis.

Once I’ve entered the church, can I leave and come back in?
    No. Once your ticket has been scanned there will be no re-entry.

How large is the venue?
    The Memorial Church seats approximately 1,000 people, including balcony seating.

Where will Stephen King be standing for the reading?
    Stephen King will be standing at the golden eagle podium at the front of the church. Please note that some of the seats have obstructed views of the podium.

During the event

Can I take photos?
    Absolutely no photos are allowed while Stephen King is presenting, as it is distracting to the speaker and disruptive to your fellow attendees. Thanks for your understanding!

Will Stephen King be signing books?
    There will not be a public signing at this event, but Mr. King will be pre-signing 250 books. Signed copies will be randomly distributed to ticket-holders at the end of the talk.

Will Stephen King be answering questions?
    The evening will include time for Q&A. We look forward to your questions! Please keep questions short so we can take as many as possible.

Where are the restrooms?
    The restrooms are located to the left and down the stairs as you’re entering the church. Restrooms are also accessible by the elevator at the back of the hall.

Books for attendees

When will I get the book that was included in my ticket?
    Your copies of Doctor Sleep will be distributed at the end of the event as you are exiting the church.

Are the books first edition?
    Yes, all copies of Doctor Sleep available at the event will be first editions.

What are my chances of getting a signed book?
    Stephen King will be pre-signing 250 copies of Doctor Sleep. They will be distributed randomly to ticket-holders at the end of the event. Good luck!

Will other Stephen King books be available for sale?
    There will be unsigned, paperback copies of The Shining for sale after the event, as well as additional copies of Doctor Sleep.

I bought tickets, but am not sure I will be able to make it to the event. Will I still be able to get my copy of the book?
    Yes. You will still be able to get an (unsigned) copy of the book beginning Monday, September 30 at noon. To pick up your copy after the event, come visit us at the bookstore at 1256 Massachusetts Ave between September 30 and November 1 and present your printable ticket to a bookseller to receive your copy. We can also arrange to have your book shipped, but shipping costs will apply.
    Stephen King reads from and discusses Doctor Sleep
    Hosted by Harvard Book Store
    Friday, September 27, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
    The Memorial Church, 1 Harvard Yard, Cambridge, MA 02138 | Directions

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    according to Ms. Mod over at the SK website, he will sign the same amount at each stop.
    If true thats very discouraging

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I hope there isn't a last minute change so I don't end up looking like an ass in front of everyone here.
    There will be last minute changes, always are, but I wont blame you for them
    reality continues to ruin my life

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This also might be a statement to cover their ass. Setting a minimum number so people know what to expect. It doesn't mean that he won;t sign more if time, and inclination, permits.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    This also might be a statement to cover their ass. Setting a minimum number so people know what to expect. It doesn't mean that he won;t sign more if time, and inclination, permits.
    They most likely have already been signed, sent and delivered to the various venues.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Yeah, that's true too, about long lines of people, etc...nothing will be perfect, but I guess I just don't like the random nature of it.

But - like you say, for $40, you're getting a book, plus the presentation...so it's not like you're overpaying. From that perspective the organizers don't really owe anybody anything.
    I'm unsure as to whether this event is for the benefit of a charity, but if so they probably could have charged an extra $10-20 for a ticket that entitled you to a book and therefore eliminated the "randomness" and made a couple extra bucks for the charity.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    They most likely have already been signed, sent and delivered to the various venues.
    That does not seem logical. Shipping the books to King, he signs them, repacks them, and ships them to the venue.

What seems more logical is that he would show up at the event two hours early, and the books would be waiting there for him to sign.

Not saying that you are wrong...just that it would be less work for King and or his staff if he just did the signing at the venue.

Stephen King will be pre-signing 250 copies of Doctor Sleep. They will be distributed randomly to ticket-holders at the end of the event. Good luck!
    That does not really answer the question.

If they had given the number of seats sold, it would have.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

REGARDING PRESIGNED

You could be right Tippy4... I was thinking of how with two of the events one night after another and are miles apart...
    Figured, after traveling that far, I might not feel like pre-signing a bunch of books.. What do I know though.. ?

I remember attending an event in New York with pre-signed copies of The Best American Short Stories where they appeared to be opening the cases of books as they sold them.
    I suppose he may have signed those that day and they just put back in the boxes.
    Whatever is/was done... there will likely be a great percentage disappointed.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

That does not really answer the question.

If they had given the number of seats sold, it would have.
    "How large is the venue?
    The Memorial Church seats approximately 1,000 people, including balcony seating."

250 signed books for 1000 people.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Colorado event seats 1,300. Ouch!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So it seats 1300...but do we know if 1300 tickets were sold?

The only reason I ask, is that those tickets sold out pretty damn fast...and people were willing to pay a whole lot on the secondary market (up to $195 per ticket).....it makes me wonder if less than 1300 we sold.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    So it seats 1300...but do we know if 1300 tickets were sold?

The only reason I ask, is that those tickets sold out pretty damn fast...and people were willing to pay a whole lot on the secondary market (up to $195 per ticket).....it makes me wonder if less than 1300 we sold.
    I don't know the official number of tickets sold, but it seems illogical to not sell/give away enough tickets to fill the venue. I hope there are only 500 people but you know the old saying...wish in one hand, shit in the other, and see which hand fills up first.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree...it does seem illogical not to fill the venue.....but as you said...one can wish I suppose.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw them for $200 and $250 on Craigslist and StubHub. Crazy!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

So weird how some events are huge, and others are really low-key.

People are paying $200 for tix to one event, but when he was at the JFK Library, signed books weren't even all sold...there certainly weren't 1K people there...

But when I saw him at Harvard a few years back, it seemed like he sold for the whole room....1000 books? Madness!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    So weird how some events are huge, and others are really low-key.

People are paying $200 for tix to one event, but when he was at the JFK Library, signed books weren't even all sold...there certainly weren't 1K people there...

But when I saw him at Harvard a few years back, it seemed like he sold for the whole room....1000 books? Madness!

In Savannah Georgia they couldn't even sell 400 signed books. In Boston Lowell, they had over 3000 attend in a giant dome, but only sold 150 Vip tickets because they marketed incorrectly they were targeting alumni and university personnel but word never got out to the King community.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

During the Under the Dome event in NYC on November 9th, 2009, there were 250 copies signed for 350 people attending. They didn't sell several copies, to the point I was able to purchase 4 extra copies and so were most of the people with me, and more copies were available (I didn't have any more space!).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In München 3000 seats and 100 pre-signed books.
    In Hamburg for 3500 seats maybe more then 100 signed books .

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot! Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    In München 3000 seats and 100 pre-signed books.
    In Hamburg for 3500 seats maybe more then 100 signed books .

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Paris signing:

Stephen will be doing a book signing on Wednesday the 13th of November from 13:00 till 15:00 at MK2 Bibliothéque, 128-162 Avenue due France, 75013 Paris. This will not be a ticketed event and will be on a first-come, first-served basis so we, therefore, cannot guarantee that all who attend will be able to have a book signed if there are still fans waiting in line after 15:00. To accommodate as many fans as possible, there will be a one book per person limit. Fans may either bring the one book from their personal collection or purchase a book from MK2 at the event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 158 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast