Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 158 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thank you TN. You are a star! I see my book above

I have PM'd you.

What a great forum this is. And a great lady you are!

"Alan in Scotland"

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

TwistedNadine,
    I have already thanked you in a PM but thought it important to post my appreciation on the site as well.
    Thank you so much for giving up your time for us "DTorgers", I personally am very grateful.
    Richard

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

The Mommy in me is compelled to look after you guys. I couldnt stand the idea of some of you missing out on a personalized book when the signing was so close to me.
    Other than the long wait (about an hour and a half from the time we got there to the time Cronin showed up) we had fun. So really, my pleasure!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    The Mommy in me is compelled to look after you guys. I couldnt stand the idea of some of you missing out on a personalized book when the signing was so close to me.
    Other than the long wait (about an hour and a half from the time we got there to the time Cronin showed up) we had fun. So really, my pleasure!

On behalf of little boys everywhere, Thanks Mom!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I second that - saw my book and have already taken care of business. Thanks ever so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is so cool! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I'm PM you right now!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, great job TN.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybee someone is interested.
    Livestream from Cornelia Funke´s (Inkheart, Reckless)
    bookpresentation in Hamburg 21. November 18:00 Uhr

http://www.funke-reckless.de/

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

VIP RECEPTION WITH STEPHEN KING

I've been keeping tabs on this event to see if there would be any signings. They've added a VIP reception to meet Stephen King. For $1000 you get 2 VIP tickets. For $2500 you can get 5 VIP tickets as well as an autographed book (but doest clarify if EACH ticket holder gets a signed book (five), or if its just one signed book).
    Also doesnt say if you can bring your own book or if book is their choice and pre-signed (I will be calling them Monday to find out)

Five people can split the 2500 so cost is 500 each. Double the price of the Mason M&G but....

http://www.uml.edu/chancellor/speake...onsorship.aspx

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Hmmm that link doesn't work. Where is the King VIP event?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Based on what I read.....I think you get a presigned book as part of the ticket purchase...and it is one book per $2,500/$5,000/$10,000 sponsorship. You do however get five signed books with a $25,000 sponsorship (what a bargain).

No guarantee he would sign a book for you at the event, but I think there is a chance he would....there will not be a lot of people willing to pony up the $500 per person ticket price with no guarantee of a signed book, so it's not like he would have to sign too many.

I think it could go either way.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Based on what I read.....I think you get a presigned book as part of the ticket purchase...and it is one book per $2,500/$5,000/$10,000 sponsorship. You do however get five signed books with a $25,000 sponsorship (what a bargain).

No guarantee he would sign a book for you at the event, but I think there is a chance he would....there will not be a lot of people willing to pony up the $500 per person ticket price with no guarantee of a signed book, so it's not like he would have to sign too many.

I think it could go either way.
    It my underdstanding as well Presigned 11/22/63 (no guarantee it is a first edition). I would be surprised if any of us needs a 1st of this book. there are plenty around!! I am willing to chip in $100 for the $25,000 sponsorship. Anybody else help me reach my 25k goal?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No. but i think I reached the $2.5K goal...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello,

You will get one autographed book (per $2,500 sponsorship). It's his latest book 11-22-1963. *We will be also raffling off several more at the VIP reception. *Not mentioned but recently added is the opportunity to have picture taken with Stephen King following the event.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Louise

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not worth it to me for 11/22/63. If one could choose the book and have King personalize it, it would be great-but apparently that isn't going to happen.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Wow - given that it's an hour from me, I would consider a $500 ticket if I could bring my own book. Maybe even at the $1K level.

But $1000 for the "opportunity" to have a picture and a pre-signed 11/22/63? Uh...no.

Obviously they have interest in this, though...so what do I know? It actually sold out the Tsongas - and that seats at least several thousand people....and yet, when he signed books at River Run it wasn't even a difficult wait.

Just weird...sometimes I don't understand what's interesting to people and what's not.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    But $1000 for the "opportunity" to have a picture and a pre-signed 11/22/63? Uh...no.
    Actually, Rahfa, you have to get to the $2,500 level (at which you get five tickets) before you even get the one presigned 11/22/63 (which is not his latest book contrary to what the woman at the event told me).

As you said above, I too would consider paying $500 if I could bring my own book and was guaranteed a signature.

The chance of them getting a single $25,000 donation are slim....but they could hit that amount if they sold 50 tickets @ $500 with a guarantee of getting a book signed.

This is the link to the sponsorship levels.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not worth it to me for 11/22/63. If one could choose the book and have King personalize it, it would be great-but apparently that isn't going to happen.
    Ditto.
    I also got the same email from Louise (below).
    The general admission is sold out but with all these "reserved" seats, and the free ones to the students, Im wondering how many GA tickets they actually had available.
    I have my doubts that a whole lot of people paid 1000+ for the sponsorships

Hi ----,

One autographed comes with the sponsorship. It is his latest novel 11-22-163. We will be raffling off several more at the VIP reception. In addition, not mentioned but recently added, there will be a photo opportunity with Stephen King following the event.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Best,
    Louise

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha - yeah, not even a $1000 gets you a signed book.

I bet they already have a couple $25K donors, though. It's a college thing, not a "fan" thing. No different than a big school with athletic boosters. They aren't asking if they don't already have a few committments.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto.
    The general admission is sold out but with all these "reserved" seats, and the free ones to the students, Im wondering how many GA tickets they actually had available.

Hi ----,

One autographed comes with the sponsorship. It is his latest novel 11-22-163. We will be raffling off several more at the VIP reception. In addition, not mentioned but recently added, there will be a photo opportunity with Stephen King following the event.

Best,
    Louise
    THIS WAS my interpretation as well However you never know for sure without checking...or actually going.....
    Does not work to raise my interest. Love to visit Boston area and enjoy the camaraderie of other collectors.... yet feel this requires a pass
    Thanks for sharing the response to your research.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Ditto.

Hi ----,

Best,
    Louise
    THIS WAS my interpretation as well However you never know for sure without checking...or actually going.....
    Does not work to raise my interest. Love to visit Boston area and enjoy the camaraderie of other collectors.... yet feel this requires a pass
    Thanks for sharing the response to your research.
    Just as well, "Boston Sucks". LOL Seriously, it is like the worst town on earth to drive in!!! That freaking river runs right through the middle of it!! LOL Though very nice otherwise except for all the Red Sux fans!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

1) Boston is so small that if you are driving you are doing it wrong.
    2) The river separates Boston from Cambridge. I think people on both sides see it as a good thing.
    3) I keep thinking back to the JFK library, when there was no trouble at all getting 2 or more signed copies of 11/22/63 for $35. If they charged for the tickets, more people probably would have come.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    2) The river separates Boston from Cambridge. I think people on both sides see it as a good thing.
    3) I keep thinking back to the JFK library, when there was no trouble at all getting 2 or more signed copies of 11/22/63 for $35. If they charged for the tickets, more people probably would have come.
    I was mostly just kidding, Mr. Fulman.

Do you know the fastest way to get to Logan Airport?

Spoiler:
    Through Bill Buckner's legs!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I was mostly just kidding, Mr. Fulman.

Do you know the fastest way to get to Logan Airport?

Spoiler:
    Through Bill Buckner's legs!!! LOL
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know Bill, Buckner's cousin Art used to live next door to me!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 158 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast