Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 158 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2 hours...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    During the Under the Dome event in NYC on November 9th, 2009, there were 250 copies signed for 350 people attending. They didn't sell several copies, to the point I was able to purchase 4 extra copies and so were most of the people with me, and more copies were available (I didn't have any more space!).
    Exactly. I'm hoping it's the same way this time. Not only did we get extra books, but it gave us all a chance to chat while we waited for us to get through the line again.

Amber and I also got only a couple extra. But that is because I had every single Mark Stutzman illustrated book I owned with me

This year I am filling a backpack with other backpacks and hoping for the same exact situation.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Received this morning from Chautauqua Box Office:

"Post event book distribution
    Included with your ticket is a first edition copy of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep." Books will be distributed at the end of the event upon exiting the venue with your validated ticket. 250 autographed books will be randomly distributed.
    You must be present to pick up your book. There is no post-event pick up. Other books by Mr. King including "The Shining" and additional copies of "Doctor Sleep" will be available for sale at the event."

1300 potential guests, 250 signed books. Ouch
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Less than a 1/5 chance. Oh well, too late to cancel now.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You can always hang out by the Rest Rooms, J!!!! LOL As I recall, you have done very well for yourself there!! LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. I'm hoping it's the same way this time. Not only did we get extra books, but it gave us all a chance to chat while we waited for us to get through the line again.

Amber and I also got only a couple extra. But that is because I had every single Mark Stutzman illustrated book I owned with me

This year I am filling a backpack with other backpacks and hoping for the same exact situation.
    GOOD LUCK, Craig! Hope you get many copies!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"Post event book distribution Included with your ticket is a first edition copy of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep." Books will be distributed at the end of the event upon exiting the venue with your validated ticket. 250 autographed books will be randomly distributed. You must be present to pick up your book. There is no post-event pick up. Other books by Mr. King including "The Shining" and additional copies of "Doctor Sleep" will be available for sale at the event."

Aw c'mon ... it's not like everyone attending doesn't have an S/L (or two ... or three) coming anyway! I'm attending even though I know I won't get a book (happily agreed to a devil's bargain); I just want to hear King speak, meet all of you, and spend a night at the Stanley! Without my kids!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Just received this for the NY Event -

We are excited for our event with Stephen and Owen King tomorrow at 7:30pm!

Please note, your program for the event will serve as a voucher for a hard cover copy of Doctor Sleep by Stephen King (limit one book per person). Books will be distributed after the event, so please keep your program with you. If you do not have your program at hand, you will not receive a copy of Doctor Sleep. Extra unsigned copies of Doctor Sleep, and Double Feature by Owen King will be available for purchase.

We look forward to seeing you at the event. The entrance to the theater is located at 524 West 59th Street, between 10th and 11th Avenues. Doors will open at 7:00pm.

Thanks,

The Center for Fiction Staff

This doesn't bode well for multiple ticket holders trying to get books for those who cannot attend.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

This doesn't bode well for multiple ticket holders trying to get books for those who cannot attend.

I think the spirit of the email is that it is one book per ticket....not per person.

If a person goes with eight tickets...they will get eight programs, and then eight books.

Someone should call to confirm....but I can't imagine they would deny someone with a ticket a book.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post

"Post event book distribution
    Included with your ticket is a first edition copy of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep." Books will be distributed at the end of the event upon exiting the venue with your validated ticket. 250 autographed books will be randomly distributed.
    You must be present to pick up your book. There is no post-event pick up. Other books by Mr. King including "The Shining" and additional copies of "Doctor Sleep" will be available for sale at the event."

Crap....just what I was disputing at the New York Event in my last post.

And I just found out my brother in law cannot make it....so now I have a ticket that may be worthless.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm really hoping that it's one per ticket at NYC

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those going to the NYC event...

If you want to meet up in line waiting to enter, or get drinks or food after the show, shoot me an email. trunzoc@gmail.com
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone wants to sell a signed one, keep me in mind!
    Can't make it to NY....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I think the spirit of the email is that it is one book per ticket....not per person.

If a person goes with eight tickets...they will get eight programs, and then eight books.

Someone should call to confirm....but I can't imagine they would deny someone with a ticket a book.
    Or walk in and out 8 times to get 8 programs if they are being twits about it.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Or walk in and out 8 times to get 8 programs if they are being twits about it.
    We've been contemplating that scenerio....... as well as inviting friends that are coming to bring friends.
    If that does not work there are a number of people on the streets who might like a comfortable seat for a couple hours.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I think some of you might be misreading the announcement. "You must be present to pick up your book" simply means that there must be a person present at the event to pick up the book. They won't hold one for you to pick up the next day. That sentence does not speak to the number of books that may be picked up. You can be present and in possession of four tickets. That means you get four books. They don't really want every single person in the venue queuing up at the end of the event anyway. Also, the tickets I purchased have my name on them. I can envision no scenario where they would not honor the tickets and provide the books as advertised.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's me all booked up for Paris! Got my tickets for the Grand Rex event, apartment is booked in Paris and flights are also booked. Fly out from Glasgow on 12th November and return on the 17th. Signing is on the 13th and Grand Rex event on the 16th. Never been to Paris before so really looking forward to it

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    If anyone wants to sell a signed one, keep me in mind!
    Can't make it to NY....
    If anyone wants to make me a present on my birthday, tomorrow...
    a signed SK book is ok...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    That's me all booked up for Paris! Got my tickets for the Grand Rex event, apartment is booked in Paris and flights are also booked. Fly out from Glasgow on 12th November and return on the 17th. Signing is on the 13th and Grand Rex event on the 16th. Never been to Paris before so really looking forward to it
    Have you seen the details for the signing?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen will be doing a book signing on Wednesday the 13th of November from 13:00 till 15:00 at MK2 Bibliothéque, 128-162 Avenue due France, 75013 Paris. This will not be a ticketed event and will be on a first-come, first-served basis so we, therefore, cannot guarantee that all who attend will be able to have a book signed if there are still fans waiting in line after 15:00. To accommodate as many fans as possible, there will be a one book per person limit. Fans may either bring the one book from their personal collection or purchase a book from MK2 at the event.

John F. Kennedy mhelgers is on a distinguished road mhelgers's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

signing in the 13 begins at 1 and end around 3 . I'm thinking of going, making it a weak in Paris . I also have tickets for the 16th and for Hamburg

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Stephen will be doing a book signing on Wednesday the 13th of November from 13:00 till 15:00 at MK2 Bibliothéque, 128-162 Avenue due France, 75013 Paris. This will not be a ticketed event and will be on a first-come, first-served basis so we, therefore, cannot guarantee that all who attend will be able to have a book signed if there are still fans waiting in line after 15:00. To accommodate as many fans as possible, there will be a one book per person limit. Fans may either bring the one book from their personal collection or purchase a book from MK2 at the event.
    I knew

My Mood
    Inspired

I called center for fiction and spoke directly to a manager -

She told me the policy was always one book per customer because "someone could just buy 17 tickets and try to get signed books"

I told her she would have a lot of unhappy people at the event tonight so she took my number and is going to call me back.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

She told me the policy was always one book per customer because "someone could just buy 17 tickets and try to get signed books"

I told her she would have a lot of unhappy people at the event tonight so she took my number and is going to call me back.
    I don't know if I would agree with 'alot of unhappy people'. I would say probably less than 10-15. Still, that is unfortunate.

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

I don't know if I would agree with 'alot of unhappy people'. I would say probably less than 10-15. Still, that is unfortunate.
    Anyone who bought extra tix expecting a book per ticket would be unhappy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 158 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast