Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: herbertwest

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some new pictures of my collection (those pix do not show the mass paperbacks in the garage)

Shelf that we can see at the bottom is a mix of numerous authors, in no order at all.

The second row of books is basically THE PASSAGE (french/english books) + Neil Gaiman + Joe Hill + Henri Loevenbruck, a french author.
    The next row is only Maxime Chattam, a french author that was on stage with Steve when he was in Paris : books + essays.

Not much : mostly King audiobooks + some non-king graphic novels (including LOCKE & KEY)

King's first french editions (first four shelves), then 2 shelves of short stories / anthologies by King, and bottom two shelves of books ABOUT King.

On the left + first shelf on the right = Bernard Werber, a french author who is my favorite after King.
    Right shelf under the skulls : King related graphic novels + Frankensteins (intro by Steve)
    Then a shelf related to The Dark Tower, and under it some King movie press kits.

Decoration close-ups :

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They look great!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE !!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks GOOD bud

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To go with the first french edition of FRANKENSTEIN, a first french edition of JEKYLL & MR HYDE

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude, that's awesome!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That is very cool, Jeremy. Congratulations.

Country
    Country Flag

The book is really small, but I like it.
    Thanks

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! I just love old books!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY VERY NICE, CONGRATS !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Some of my birthday gifts

- From Gollancz, a UK sampler of the upcoming Joe Hill's THE FIREMAN

- Neil Gaiman's limited edition : the truth is in the black cave
    My wife didn't notice it is actually signed (and not only a fac simile on the slipcase), but she originally bought it cause it is a nice display book + the story takes places on the isle of Skye (Scotland) where a few years ago we did a hike during a roadtrip in Scotland. And i absolutely LOVED our hike at the Old Man of Storr : wonderful scenry of mountains and the sea.

- some bottles that goes perfectly in the bookshelves.
    A skull on the left (with Jack Daniels), and a bottle with Absinthe on the right. I think that it goes perfectly with the early 1900s books (Frankenstein, Hyde & Jekyll)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great new presents Jeremy. Skye is a favourite of mine too.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those look nice on the shelf!

Country
    Country Flag

Some pictures of my christmas gifts and secret santas'!

My secret santa sent me two things:
    - an uncorrected proof of SCREAMPLAYS
    - amazingly nice gunslingers bookends !

The other gifts were :

Some creepy masks :

I dont know if you remember it, but a couple of months ago (?), I shared a link to an artist that creates great bottles related to Lovecraft.
    Some exemple of his work : http://www.crowsnbones.com/2015/06/c...drea-falaschi/

Somehow I knew that my wife would try to get one. She wasnt sure that I liked the ones that are Cthulu (of course I do!) and since she broke an absinthe glass that I had since the beginning of when we started seeing each other year, she wanted to replace it.
    So the artist created sent this one :

Which goes well with my older books and different bottles that I recieved at my birthdays :

Secret santas bookends, which i LOVE!
    Wish I could put it with the Dark Tower books, but then it would break my shelf dedicated to it...

As for me, I recently remembered that last year I used some "wax seals" on enveloppes. So I did the same for my wife this year.

And since I 'proposed' to year in june, on her birthday during a hot air balloon, when the other day I saw this 3D cart I simply couldn't resist :

We exchanged our rings a month ago in Montreux, in front of the Freddie Mercury statue (she is a huge fan of him, and Queen's music as been an important part of her life and her family's), so I gave her an official replica of Freddie Mercury's statue :

So, now the bookshelves look like that (they need to be reorganised a bit, and I will be getting new books to get in so...) :

The last picture is a bit blurry but the previous one was missing the dreamcatcher with the spider.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jeremy. Everything's looking great! Love the shelves but the Gunslinger bookends and the bottles are awesome.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

KILLER bookends !!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for the amazing new stuff Jeremy !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Since I have moved flat and now has new shelves, I want to develop my collection as in the past I restrained myself because of a lack of space.
    I was recently contacted by a belgium collector that wanted to sell her collection, so I grabbed a few books of hers and recieved them today : 30 books, after making sure she sent me the details and confirmed that those that I wouldnt plan to resell but keeping are actually first french editions.

So here are the 30 books that i have recieved :

Every single french edition of RAGE, in pretty good condition ! I originally wanted to resell them, but now cannot decide if I actually want to sell them all or not...

For selling : COLORADO KID (who was only printed once in France, the publisher told me 10 000 copies I believe, and can only be found as used now as it is not reprinted). It is weird though, because I believe that the english version gets reprints, right?
    Also available for sale, is an unnumbered french limited edition of THE GREEN MILE 1 with fac simile message and signature by Steve.

A set of mass paperbacks for IT

Bunch of 1st french editions I was lacking.

Also, among the books is one that I have never heard about before : in France, IT was released in 2 volumes by Albin Michel. I now have what seem to be the canadian version which is 1 big book of 1120 pages. Printed in canada, mine has a sticker price in dollars (canadian I guess). The odd thing is that the book opens with a "1" like in book 1, but I dont see any "2" at the middle or anywhere actually. Sort of odd, but the book is complete.

>>> Picture

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's an amazing IT cover, Jeremy - really like it.
    Congratulations on the 30 books you received - great catch!

sk

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jeremy. All those are awesome. Keep the Rages!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool French editions you have there!

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Congratulations Jeremy. All those are awesome. Keep the Rages!
    Would agree on both points

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see some Rage covers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast