Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: herbertwest

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few years back, I discovered a french author, Maxime Chattam, who was on stage in Paris with King at the saturday event (I discovered about that author a couple f years prior to that).
    Because I like collecting books (why wouldnt I be here otherwise), I like hunting essays and everything written by an author.

Last year or so, I heard about a book for which he wrote an introduction (a very small printing as it was for an antology, published by a city council). I previously managed to get photocopies & photos from the copy availalbe at the national library, but today I recieved a copy I found a couple of days ago !

So, here it is : a very fine copy. Low printing I guess although I dont know how many were printed.

Also recently found out that excerpts of 2 of his books were released as printed version by the publisher, and managed to get some.

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unexpectedly, I recieved today a book from Moshe : an english translation of a french author that I quite like and who was on stage in Paris with King. It is, I think, his only book available in english (althoug there are better ones if you ask me).
    THE CAIRO DIARY, by Maxim Chattam
    (For information, the french author's name is MaximE)

If you are interested, here are more informations about the book
    >>> http://us.macmillan.com/thecairodiary/maximchattam

Now, i'll only have to get it signed next time that I meet him

THANKS A LOT MOSHE !

(PS : the cover of the book I have is slightly different)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!

Country
    Country Flag

I've just recieved a proof copy of the next book by Bernard Werber, a french author that is my second favorite author after King. He writes some kind of philosophy-fiction.

His new book will be released at the end of the month :

THE SIXTH SLEEP
    Imagine that you could go back, 20 years in time, and find, in your dreams, the younger self. Imagine that you have the ability, still through your dreams, to speak to him. What would you say?

The same publisher will release at the same date the french version of REVIVAL by King, but I didnt hear yet about any proof... :-(

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a great story concept! Congratulations on getting the proof!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Absolutely nothing "exciting" for anybody else than me : we moved flat in march/april. Before that we were in a small flat and all my books were in the hall, on 4-5 cheap bookshelves.
    Now, our flat has a corner where I could literally put more of those shelves if needed, although need to be careful with the sunlight. Plus we also have a big garage literally below our flat.

We wanted to get custom fitted bookshelves but would not financially be able to do that, so I just come back from a shop were I bought 4 more bookshelves that are classier & bigger. I'll start building them next weekend, but it's good to feel like settling more!
    I'll have those bookshelves in the leaving room with my most important books. And the current cheap bookshelves will go down the garage for cheap books such as pocket books and other storage.

EXCITED at the idea of getting my books out of the boxes they've been in for the past 6 months! I will also have more space for books : in the past I did limit my books purchase because I literally had no more space. The books were ridiculously starting to piling each other on top of the bookshelves !

Before (mess + books were still mostly in the garage) :

Now :

I am considering buying another bookcase because I'll be already running out of space when i'd put the other box of books + I plan on buying some more

Valueless items (DVDs and pocket books) in the garage. I havent noticed any humidity but also the raining season only starts now. I hope they'll be OK, but i'll also buy humidity absorbers, just in case.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Valueless Items..... DVDs & Pocket Books.
    BOY.... YOU sure now how to hurt a guy.
    Spoiler:
    I THINK I'LL GO EAT SNAILS.
    A LOAF OF BREAD..A JUG OF WINE...and WOW.

Country
    Country Flag

Just recieved : french proof & final copy of REVIVAL to be published at the end of the month

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    From Stephen King books FB page

Special advanced copies of THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS are in and ready to give a few lucky people some very bad dreams.

Thanks for posting it Shac!
    This is actually the front cover of the proof.
    I got mine today.
    I dont know how many were printed, but my number is as low as a lettered book. Oh and it's embargoed.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jeremy !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Also recieved, the other day 2 figurines that I commissionned related to Bernard Werber.

The same artist that did give me a small Pennywise figurine :

Her website : http://stefcomics.blogspot.fr/

Country
    Country Flag

I recently recieved this signature, which I think is quite good for 10€ shipping included.

Also, I always loved the old french covers for the mass paperback edition of THE STAND. I recently decided to buy 2 additional sets to mine, and put them together so that I could display the entire artwork.
    I recently a third one today, so here it is (and yes, it's not matching unfortunately. I will try to return this red set to buy a matching one).

The actual artwork

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, man I really love that Le Fleau 1 cover!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

So, tonight was a signing by Werber, my second favorite author.
    I didnt do like everybody else, who mostly got signatures on his latest book, because following closely what he publishes, I decided to get 4 different items signed. His latest book will be next time.

1) An anthology with a story by him. I previously got another author to sign

2) "welcome to paradise", a play that was published as a mass paperback in june

3) "Us, the books", a story published in a magazine this year

4) And finally : a first edition / first print of his very first book "Empire of the ants". I found this copy earlier this year, after hunting one for quite a long time !

His latest book will be signed another time. Tonight he told me several times that I need to go to his place to pick up the proof, so that will be the opportunity to get it signed, whenever that will be.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great new additions! Love the figurines.

Country
    Country Flag

I have recieved another set, matching this time! Need to take pix

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice! I really want the IT set by J'ai Lu. They are so cool.

Country
    Country Flag

I have one set that I am supposed to return to the seller. Let me know if you may be interested.

Would actually be easier to sell it as I am supposed to return it to germany with the cheapest option and it comes to roughy the price I bought it at, so I am waiting an answer about what to do from the website I bought it from..

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha your problem is shipping it to Germany. My problem is shipping it even further to America lol. If shipping wasn't so damn expensive across the pond I would buy it in a heart beat.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Ha your problem is shipping it to Germany. My problem is shipping it even further to America lol. If shipping wasn't so damn expensive across the pond I would buy it in a heart beat.
    Well, yes and no.

I have been using many many times in the past an option from the post office for sending books and magazines abroad. It is called "books and magazines", and it's a LOT CHEAPER than anything else and perfect for nothing valuable...

However, the last time I went to the post office, the woman had been annoying saying that this option can only being used within a 'transparent' enveloppe. Which had never been mentionned to me in the past.
    I need to print the page from the website for the next time i'll go there, as it doesnt say so.

> The cheapest shipping cost she quoted me last time, was $21 with signature etc for Germany. According to the website, it's more likely to be $13 or less for USA with this option!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Well, yes and no.

I have been using many many times in the past an option from the post office for sending books and magazines abroad. It is called "books and magazines", and it's a LOT CHEAPER than anything else and perfect for nothing valuable...

However, the last time I went to the post office, the woman had been annoying saying that this option can only being used within a 'transparent' enveloppe. Which had never been mentionned to me in the past.
    I need to print the page from the website for the next time i'll go there, as it doesnt say so.

> The cheapest shipping cost she quoted me last time, was $21 with signature etc for Germany. According to the website, it's more likely to be $13 or less for USA with this option!

You may want to tip the Post Office Lady for good service next time, my brutha!! LOL

Congrats on some very nice recent acquisitions!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

Here is my latest acquisition : a second french edition of FRANKENSTEIN. Aaint in the best condition, but i've never seen one for sale before. And, as vthe only known copy of the true first french edition is at the national library, well, I wont be able to get an earlier copy !

Now, another classic that I want to get, one day, is a first french edition of DRACULA. Never seen one for sale either !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast