Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 575 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 75 475 525 565 573 574 575 576 577 585 625 675 1075 ... LastLast
Results 14,351 to 14,375 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I don't believe Andy Warhol was successfully sued by the owners of Campbell's soup.
    That was because the "appropriation" of the soup cans did not cause Campbell's any harm. It was credited with helping sales. If he had been sued he likely would have lost.

Warhol was sued by others for infringement and settled the suits.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I have this limited edition cd pack from one of my favourite bands (well 2 bands formed by the same guy). The cd, mug and t-shirt are housed in an oversized soup can. Wonder if they needed permission for this?
    That's fine. It varies enough from the original that it doesn't infringe.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again. A CR© thread should be started for this endless argument.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Starts at $950. Someone is going to be very happy.
    Taylor Cujo-10 Guitar signed by Bob Taylor & Stephen King
    Up to $1924 (+25 shipping) already :0

What's the "nice price" on one of these RF?

I've got my eye on this! Stay away!

Just kidding.......not really

Are you really going for it Dan?

Im in the market for one of these too (prolly have to mortgage a kidney to get it though)

I want one of these o so bad, but am not worthy (chops-wise) LOL

That doesnt mean i will not buy one someday
    Probably not. If it goes for around $3500 I think my wife would kill me. I have a Taylor guitar, so it's hard to justify this one. I say go for it.
    Anyone here win the CUJO Guitar?

I didnt
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im in the market for one of these too (prolly have to mortgage a kidney to get it though)

Probably not. If it goes for around $3500 I think my wife would kill me. I have a Taylor guitar, so it's hard to justify this one. I say go for it.

I didnt
    Yes! I didn't jump back in the discussion and say anything because I didn't want to be accused of trying to manipulate the auction. My highest was less than the original price, so I felt is was a good deal.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Congrats, Dan

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I didnt
    Yes! I didn't jump back in the discussion and say anything because I didn't want to be accused of trying to manipulate the auction. My highest was less than the original price, so I felt is was a good deal.
    Congrats. I was an underbidder and now you can color me green with envy.

I guess, as a man of limited financial means (who just happens to have a little bit of money right now... not that I wouldn't have had to list and sell all of my dupes and stuff in the For Sale pile to help cover the costs) what matters to me most of all is the price. I bid $3200 and possibly would have gone more, but even with such a limited uber rare piece as this one, I was fishing for the sweetheart deal. Who knows... I may score a deal someday if I am patient.

Personally I wasn't keen on bidding too much higher because of the lack of close up pictures and provenance of being owned by a player who could document the guitars use/care. Those guys selling this axe were some kind of auction company and didnt have any other instrument sales in their feedback from what I could see. I sent an email asking about condition, but it is better to be able to see these things before plunking down $3K +

I need to practice my chops much more before buying a $3K Taylor. I've always wanted a Taylor and believe I'll own one of these King Cujo's someday. It is just such a wonderful story. You will have to tell us how it sounds Dan. Ive heard the Cujos are warm, bright, and have a marvelous tone. That Bob Taylor sure knows how to build some guitars.

I am very HAPPY that one of "our gang" got it though, lol

and i will keep dreamin' 8)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didnt
    You got it?

Whoo hoo!
    You will be pleased. I couldn't play guitar worth a shit, but my instructor was almost insanely jealous that a POS like me owned a guitar that he himself (and he owned(s) 100+ guitars) never had.
    It possibly is the greatest King S/L out there. A Firestarter 1/26 (plus apparently a production copy) and a few other things are very desired, but with gentle care, only the guitar can produce unique and vibrant sounds/music that are new every time.
    The words in Firestarter haven't changed-the1/26 will not change. Notes from a Taylor/Cujo sing differently every time it's played.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Awesome Dan!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I didnt
    You got it?

Whoo hoo!
    You will be pleased. I couldn't play guitar worth a shit, but my instructor was almost insanely jealous that a POS like me owned a guitar that he himself (and he owned(s) 100+ guitars) never had.
    It possibly is the greatest King S/L out there. A Firestarter 1/26 (plus apparently a production copy) and a few other things are very desired, but with gentle care, only the guitar can produce unique and vibrant sounds/music that are new every time.
    The words in Firestarter haven't changed-the1/26 will not change. Notes from a Taylor/Cujo sing differently every time it's played.
    Do you still own yours RF?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys! I have a Taylor now and think it an absolutely awesome guitar. Combing a great guitar and Stephen King is a no-brainer. Until I checked the back story to the guitar, I didn't know it was made from the wood from a tree that was in the movie. Just another bonus.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys! I have a Taylor now and think it an absolutely awesome guitar. Combing a great guitar and Stephen King is a no-brainer. Until I checked the back story to the guitar, I didn't know it was made from the wood from a tree that was in the movie. Just another bonus.
    Hell yeah.

Bob Taylor saw the tree in the movie and WENT AND BOUGHT THE FARKIN TREE!

That is legendary!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Dan. A GREAT purchase.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What thread is this?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Being a guitar player for 25+ years, I need one of those as well. One day...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$100:
    Stephen King Signed

Best American Short Stories with Extras

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody get the Newsletter from Grant on the remagued stuff?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Here's the page:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/DT2-Remarqued.html

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch. The Jae Lee Deluxe are pricey.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Yeah. I'd love a Jae Lee but I think they're a little pricey and I don't have the extra cash right now anyway.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Yeah. I'd love a Jae Lee but I think they're a little pricey and I don't have the extra cash right now anyway.
    I like the Jae Lee remarques. The others not so much.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are the TWTTK Remarqued copies First Edition Trades?

I get the Deluxe PC Editions….

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Tempting but have to hold off. Spending too much lately. If they were less costly then maybe.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Are the TWTTK Remarqued copies First Edition Trades?

I get the Deluxe PC Editions….
    Talked to Robert, they are the Artist Editions….

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the stuff offered in this email. Obviously, the Hale, McKean, and Lee remarques and signatures are not as rare or as hard to get as we were led to believe when they were first offered. I like each of the drawings and would buy one of each if money wasn't an issue. I think it's too bad that Phil Hale's signature has changed so much since 1987. I think it's hilarious that Dave McKean's signature looks completely different from one pic to the next. It's hard to believe that these were signed by the same person:

Upon closer inspection, some of the McKean's are dated '13 and some are dated '14, so these were not all whipped off in a single sitting.

Also offered in this email is "Bradbury: An Illustrated Life". Please read my review here if you are thinking about it: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post786196

In my review, I mention that I would love to buy the limited edition of Phil Hale's Goad, which is also offered in the email. If you forced me to buy something from this newletter, it would be Goad, but I would want to see the images first and be able to pick the best one.

Finally, if carlosdetweiller buys one of Rick Berry's original Dracula pieces, I will pour a bucket of ice water over my head (that's how it works, right?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 575 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 75 475 525 565 573 574 575 576 577 585 625 675 1075 ... LastLast