Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terra Nova

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Terra Nova

Are Locke and I the only one's watching?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm watching. I would rate it about a 6 on a scale from 1 - 10 (10 being LOST or Deadwood = good).
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I'm watching. I would rate it about a 6 on a scale from 1 - 10 (10 being LOST or Deadwood = good).
    Maybe 4 out of ten. Getting a very familiar feel to the episodes. Sorry!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the pilot...wasn't that impressed with it. The story makes no sense to me. If you go back in time don't you screw with the timeline. Unless it is an alternate timeline then you are messing with someone esle's timeline...making both screwy....just didn't do it for me.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    The characters are way too predictable, which is why I gave it a 6. Plus, I can't help wondering about that asteroid that supposedly took out the dinosars ... didn't they think about that when they went back in time?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    The characters are way too predictable, which is why I gave it a 6. Plus, I can't help wondering about that asteroid that supposedly took out the dinosars ... didn't they think about that when they went back in time?
    Alternate Universe is the prevailing idea. Kinda of contrived, no? Less and less on the "must watch" list.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Amused

I usually give a new show at least three episodes to catch my attention. After that, if I'm not actually looking forward to watching it then I'll stop. Terra nova gets one more episode out of me.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the flock of nasty reptiles were a bit over the top and the solution lame.

My Mood
    Amused

Are you talking about the bird-lizards and their nesting ground. I like how they were all, "Oh yeah, we totally saw all these egg shells, but figured it wasn't a big deal..."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's "Lost" meets "Avatar" and nowhere near as good as either IMHO

Starting to remind me of the original "Lost in Space" show with no humor for some reason!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, it's good to know that I'm not missing anything, by the sounds of it! So this is basically a show about humans travelling back in time to the dinosaur age? Do they do it because they've run out of meat to eat in the future, and so they go back in time to get some more meat? I only ask because the show sounds similar to a 2000AD comic. But not quite as cool. Or weird. And if it's not weird, what's the point?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

tiz a bit hokey if you ask me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't get through more than a third of the way through the first episode. Deleted.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, here are some thoughts on Terra Nova. From a guy who hasn't watched it yet.
    • The first episode has a "what the hell is going on?!" feel to it, as it takes a solid half hour to get any kind of explanation whatsoever, we're just thrown into dinosaurs and humans and shit, and are expected to enjoy it's neat little 'hook'. Instead, we get bored and a little frustrated very, very quickly.
    • It focuses on a bunch of characters that we are supposed to care about, and does this by trying to throw in some kind of relationship drama into the mix. Problem is, it's handled so badly and the characters say such corny lines that none of us can actually give a shit.
    • The plot moves at a snail's pace. However, by the 2nd episode, we realise that we actually had it pretty lucky with the first ep, as we begin to realise that this show is going nowhere.
    • Mysteries are introduced. Well, not mysteries. Questions without any substance are asked. No answers are forthcoming anytime soon.
    • Some bullshit technobabble as to wtf is going is given, and since I hear the word 'dinosaurs' being mentioned, it will either include the words 'tachyons', 'quantum' or 'temporal'. (And yes Pond, I know I've used it myself, but at least in that case, it was intended to be funny. Here, it's most likely to be 'deeply serious'.)
    • The only source of humour is provided from some 'wiseguy' character that nobody likes.

Again, provided by someone who hasn't watched the show. Now please tell me it's not that bad! I've lost a lot of faith in network shows ever since the most dumbarse ending some fan of the US Life on Mars thought up actually happened.

- Melike

My Mood
    Amused

That about sums it up. It's entertaining, but only on its own merits - that you don't expect too much of it. It's also predictable, campy and irritating in parts.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I saw a giant rooster one ep.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I've been really enjoying it. You guys are all crazy.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To be fair, my complaints are those of someone who hasn't watched it. And never will, as I believe this show has Jason O'Mara in, from the (quite rightfully) cancelled remake of Life on Mars. I can accept barely passable acting, but not in a shit remake of one of the greatest shows ever made, thank you, and certainly not when you're taking over a role previously played by John Simm!

- Melike

My Mood
    Amused

You're such an elitist.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'd prefer the term "patriot". It's hard not to feel pissed off when us Brits finally make a truly original show that ends up being something of a masterpiece to rival the best US shows before being reduced to a shallow American remake that was so bad it only lasted 17 eps, even with Kietel. Sorry, it's just a difficult issue for me to deal with!

- Melike

My Mood
    Amused

I do understand where you are coming from ... but I still think the American Office is better than the British original.

^oh shiiiiiit!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Seasons 1-3, maybe 4 as well, then yes, I would agree that the remake is a better sitcom. Original's a much better mockumentary, though. And it still doesn't change the fact that I hate Jason O'Mara!

- Melike

My Mood
    Amused

Okay, I can agree with you on Jason O'Mara. He's definitely not a stellar actor.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, and best of all, he's Irish, so it isn't down to having an American play the role of Sam Tyler. Just anyone other than Simm!

Moving back on topic: wow, I really was right about my estimation of Terra Nova, then? Jesus. Well, at least there's pretty effects to look at!

- Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    I'd prefer the term "patriot". It's hard not to feel pissed off when us Brits finally make a truly original show that ends up being something of a masterpiece to rival the best US shows before being reduced to a shallow American remake that was so bad it only lasted 17 eps, even with Kietel. Sorry, it's just a difficult issue for me to deal with!
    I don't think you should take the US remake into any sort of consideration. And certainly there's nothing to be patriotic about. For instance, as an American, I loved the original British Coupling, I think it's one of the best comedies ever, up there with the holy I Love Lucy, yet the American remake was atrocious by all accounts, and I didn't even bother to watch it. You probably should've skipped the remake of Life on Mars altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Moving back on topic: wow, I really was right about my estimation of Terra Nova, then? Jesus. Well, at least there's pretty effects to look at!
    Like I wrote yesterday, I couldn't stand more than about half an hour of the pilot. It... was... BAD. I have no idea why it isn't cancelled yet. I think it's because they already filmed much of the season, so they might as well air the episodes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast