Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Signing & Event-Manatee Florida 1/29/2015

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Signing & Event-Manatee Florida 1/29/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Get Ready....

JANUARY 29, 2015 7:00 PM AUTHOR EVENT
    MANATEE LIBARY FOUNDATION (FL)

Presents “An Evening With Stephen King”

http://www.manateelibraryfoundation.org/

Tickets go on sale 11/1/14
    It's not a signing.

Stephen-King-to-speak-at-Manatee-library-fundraiser
    Oh well, I didn't noticed it was posted already...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Need 4 people to commit to $417 each and they can go with me to the King event in Florida and get all the VIP privilages, including a meet and greet with King.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying to figure out where it is in relation to the nearest major airport.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sarasota, Fl airport is ~ 10 miles away.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RF - any chance for signing ?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    RF - any chance for signing ?
    I doubt King is going to sign anything at the VIP reception. At the Mason event, that was very clear and steadfast. Everyone did have a chance for a photo and a word or three.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

RF - You went to the VIP event at the RBR show, right? Do you think it will be like that? I'm extremely interested, and could probably make it work. Just trying to figure out what's more important... A 2 minute conversation and a photo with him, or the chance at a signed book during a potential Revival tour.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    RF - You went to the VIP event at the RBR show, right? Do you think it will be like that? I'm extremely interested, and could probably make it work. Just trying to figure out what's more important... A 2 minute conversation and a photo with him, or the chance at a signed book during a potential Revival tour.
    I know you asked RF, but my opinion is.

People were very disappointed with $150 Hartford Conn Meet and Greet. He was hidden behind a wall. 1 photo opportunity and very rushed. At least let him hang out in the open!

The excitement of meeting him the first time at George Mason was well worth $100! Not $416.

$1000 at Toronto was ridiculous! Even the organizers talked people out of paying that price. And we still got 8 books signed with out the meet and greet.

Save your money, wait for the revival book tour, have the 2nd person with you stand in line a few spaces back, step around the table and get your picture taken. It has been done 100 times.

Unless you can easily afford $416 then by all means go for it! and take me too!! someone take me please!!! that is just not in my budget.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The fun is meeting others.
    If I could get 4 members to buy a ticket from me at $417, I'd buy the $2.5K VIP sponsorship. Payment would have to be prompt.

Here's how it would work: Four people PP $417 as a gift to the PP address I provide. I'll then buy a $2.5K sponsorship. If 1,2, or 3 buy a ticket, but we can't get a 4th within 30 days, I'll give a 100% refund to all who paid. I currently have 1 person, just need 3 more.
    PM me immediately for info.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The fun is meeting others.
    If I could get 4 members to buy a ticket from me at $417, I'd buy the $2.5K VIP sponsorship. Payment would have to be prompt.
    I would love to go but the round trip airfare from the west-coast + ticket puts me close to a grand.
    But Mr. Flagg is correct.. hang'n out with fellow SK geekers is a ton of fun.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going, and have some amazing things I plan on adding as an optional bonus.......
    Contact me NOW to be in on the VIP event and MORE.
    Subject to change, but I'm lining up some very cool stuff...perhaps an artist for a personal signing... social event ....special DT.org swag....
    Don't miss out.
    PM me now

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I am going, and have some amazing things I plan on adding as a bonus.......
    Contact me NOW to be in on the VIP event and MORE.
    Subject to change, but I'm lining up some very cool stuff...perhaps an artist for a personal signing... social event ....special DT.org swag....
    Don't miss out.
    PM me now
    PM sent. Just 1

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

PM also sent!

Dan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had 8 inquiries (but no payments).

EDIT:
    1 payment received.

My Mood
    Asleep

Check will be in the mail tomorrow. My paypal account has been frozen, something about verifying account. do you need me to FedEx? I would our tickets to be secured before they sell out!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Check will be in the mail tomorrow. My paypal account has been frozen, something about verifying account. do you need me to FedEx? I would our tickets to be secured before they sell out!
    You are in.
    2 sold. 2 left (one is on hold).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1 left.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Tempting.....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am considering...
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One left. First person to contact and actually pay gets it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I checked out lodging, and the 2 closest hotels are a Hampton and a Marriot. They are equidistant to the venue (~1.7K feet). Currently the Marriot is ~ $50 per night cheaper counting tax.

EXPLORER actually drove to the area today, and had these observations:

"Looks Good.... Two nice looking hotels are within walking distance of Performing Arts Center: Courtyard by Marriott and Hampton Inn and Suites. The PAC is right in middle of these two hotels with Courtyard .3 mile northeast and Hampton .3 miles west. You can see the Performing Arts Center looking down 3rd Ave from Hampton. . It is about a 5-6 minute walk from either hotel One block west of Hampton Inn is "Old Main St" a street with various restaurants & Pubs. We saw at least 3 Irish pubs. Many of these places had sidewalk dining. Many had a wide range of beers on tap including some local brews. We picked one (OBricks) not full of smoke had a super lunch. They had some great happy hour specials !/2 price wines & $3 Capt Morgan all day.
    I think it will be easy to find plenty to do and enjoy. All within walking distance there is a waterfront with other restaurants, a history museum, an aqauirium and the library. Right across the river is Palmetto another town with some waterfront shops and restaurants overlooking Bradenton.."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King event 1/29/2015 Manatee Florida

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I have recieved confirmation for my 4 tickets, also getting one VIP, wanted to let people know there will be a signing from 8-9pm after King talks, this signing I've been informed is open to all ticket holders, 370 people is there max capacity, going to be a blast!

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes!!!

Dan

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Are you going Dano? If so we may be on the same flight out of DIA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast