Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ...We never really get a "feel good super hero film" in the DCEU...
    Shazam is gonna give you a suitcase wedgie
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah and also Snyder isn't a feel-good kinda director.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Snyder's version is 1000% better and should be considered 100% canon. I think if his process hadn't been tragically interrupted he'd have delivered a honed (by some minutes) version to theaters. It would've been an extraordinary landing for the initial trilogy and cemented the DC cinematic universe as its "own thing". Instead Whedon delivered a flaccid attempt to "Marvel-ize" Snyder's work. Sad. But thrilled to be able to experience Snyder's version at last.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW. I LOVED IT. Best DC movie yet I would say.... (taking out of equation the Dark Knight)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Its justice Leagues better than Whedon's version. A lot of excess fat to be sure, but considering this was Snyder's DC swan song he wanted to give us, the fans, everything we clamored for and more.

Steppenwolf's redesign was an improvement, his motivations clearer, and Darkseid's inclusion in this film automatically gives it a leg up over the inferior version. Seeing Clark choose the black suit from the ship's armory was a cool moment.

The only edge I'd give to Josstice League is in the score department - I missed some of the rock riffs during certain scenes, and that annoying Eaeeeeeeaaaahhhhheaeaeaeaeae whenever Wonder Woman was on screen grated on my nerves after a while. Her guitar theme from WW1/BVS was much better.

All in all, a vast improvement, and although DC probably won't follow the threads of this film, it's great that the fans won out and Snyder got to complete his vision.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know if it will be released on 4K Blu-ray?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I will say that the excess is forgivable given that it’s being released on a streaming service. As I say, I think of it like the Lord of the rings extended edition – not something you’d necessarily release in theaters, but something that is suitable for home viewing.

What really surprises me, though, is that you could trim this version down to three hours pretty easily, and still have a theatrical film far better than the Whedon theatrical cut. Seeing what the studio had to work with, I am shocked at how much they gutted the film and reshot scenes for the theatrical cut. They could have done a lot less, and released something far better than they did.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cutting out an hour? No, just 20-30 minutes, maybe. Snyder has stated he still hopes this could be released in IMAX once theaters reopen widely, with an intermission after, I believe, Chapter 4.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Yes, end of the year: December 31.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Yes, end of the year: December 31.

sk
    Thanks!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Cutting out an hour? No, just 20-30 minutes, maybe. Snyder has stated he still hopes this could be released in IMAX once theaters reopen widely, with an intermission after, I believe, Chapter 4.
    Right, I'm not saying you *should* cut out an hour, I'm saying that if the studio wanted a more acceptable length for theatrical release, you *could* cut it down to 3 hours and still retain most of what Snyder intended, and produce a much better theatrical cut than what we got. You could leave in almost all of the core motherbox story, the scenes that set up later plot developments and give characters their motivation, and still not have the movie feel too rushed. I really don't understand why they didn't do that.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it really boggles the mind what they were thinking. The reshoots made things worse and incoherent.

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, the DC "Scarlet Witch". Ever wonder just to what degree the two comic giants copied one another and who technically came first? It might be interesting to try and create a list of side by side, redundant characters like Zatanna/Scarlet Witch, Aquaman/Namor, Flash/Quicksilver, etc, etc.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

List would be endless. DC and Marvel do what any top 2 titans of any industry do, copy each other.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yeah it really boggles the mind what they were thinking. The reshoots made things worse and incoherent.
    Possibly Whedon thought it would be disrespectful to try completing Snyder's vision as a "substitute Snyder". So he re-jiggered things to make it apparent. Pure speculation. Or possibly he didn't care and gave the studio heads (who were singing, "Marvel makes all the money, make it like Marvel") whatever they wanted. Or possibly he was trying to prove a point since he was pulled in during wrestling with the studio (about tone) while Snyder was still at the helm. Regardless, Whedon shit the bed.

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does the DC Universe of characters measure up equally to the Marvel cast? Just curious. I liked DC, Superman and Batman as a kid, but in my memory, Marvel just passed them by at one point. Of course, remember I'm going back to the '60's as my vantage point. God, I'm getting really, really old, huh? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I don't want to start a DC vs. Marvel debate, I'll just say that for me DC has the better characters. They were also the first. Inarguably, Marvel characters have enjoyed better success on the big screen recently, but to me DC Comics will always be the only comics I read. Marvel has some great and fun characters, sure, like the X-Men, but DC feels like home to me, and I love reading those comics, while Marvel to me is just basically the MCU.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't want to start a debate? You can't answer that question without doing that.

Personally, I was on the Marvel side way before the MCU became a thing. I used to read every X-Men comic there was. I could be wrong but I don't know of any DC characters being tied to social movements the way the X-Men are. I will ding Marvel a little for trying to put them on the back burner in their comic universe while they didn't have the rights to their movies.

I also really liked Spider-Man. As the most recognizable Marvel character, he is much more grounded and relatable than the gods, aliens, and billionaires that are at the top of the DC character mountain.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

DC has the Justice League cartoon series with the Wonder Twins. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been reading and collecting comics since I was a kid, and although I like certain DC arcs, Marvel generally handles team dynamics and large scale events better.

Also, Marvel has far and away the better villains, collectively speaking. I'll maintain that Joker>>> whichever top villain Marvel has in their stable, however.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I also really liked Spider-Man. As the most recognizable Marvel character, he is much more grounded and relatable than the gods, aliens, and billionaires that are at the top of the DC character mountain.
    This is part of the reason I find Marvel comics more engaging. For instance, both Superman and Flash are kinda boring characters if you think about it. They'll both generally always get beat in the same way - Superman with Kryptonite or mind control, Flash with a villain who's equally as fast. You can only draw from the well so many times before it gets old.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just asking...................... lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast