Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Issues with lost shipments from the UK?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Issues with lost shipments from the UK?

After years of buying books from the US and UK and not losing one single package, I seem to be having a streak of very bad luck with books from the UK recently. Over the past six months everything that was sent to me from the UK (by private sellers) got lost. That would be three different shipments from three different sellers.

Did anyone else experience the same lately?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A problem with your local post office / post man maybe? Or each of them were supposed to be delivered by their own delivery guy?
    I've had many issues with my local postman. Including yesterday, something bought by my gf from the UK : it arrived "opened". Nothing really valuable as such, but personal value.

Since then, if possible, especially the collectibles, i get everything delivered to work. To the point that my colleagues keeps taking the piss out of me.
    Today I got 3 packages delivered here
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

How much piss have they taken from you?

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that Michaël.

I've sent about 12-15 shipments in the last month to the USA from the UK and have not had any damages or losses, these were all sent through UPS on Express services though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Could this be an issue?

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That would do it Bill LOL

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the slipcased Game of Thrones from a seller on Amazon.UK, got an e-mail on June 27th saying it had been dispatched and never got it it. Amazon refunded without question in August. Still hoping maybe someday...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered The Cuckoo's Calling from Speedy Hen in July. They claimed they shipped it. It didn't arrive. They sent another one in August. It never arrived. I finally received a refund.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Two of my three shipments were eBay purchases and I got refunds for those. But the most expensive one was a private transaction with a collector friend from the UK with whom I've dealt a couple of times before. I haven't been able to contact him since a couple of months and I'm afraid the chance of me getting my money back is pretty small... I was still talking to him when the PayPal 'deadline for refunds' expired. I was still confident everything would turn out okay at the time

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I donīt know what happened to him Michael , been trying to Contact him for the past two months but no reply .

In my oppinion heīs a very honest guy and i donīt Think heīs fooling you on purpose , iīm afraid somethingīs happened to him .
    I had a few items on itīs way that he really was looking forward to buy , but suddenly he stopped reply .

But to your question : I have never lost a single item from neither the UK nor US , one or two have taken almost two months to arrive though .

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I trust him too. He's one of the good guys as far as I'm concerned. I was still in contact with him about six weeks after the books were shipped and we were both wondering what happened with them. But I can't reach him anymore (not the first time this has happened) and I really want to work this out. I guess I'll have to be patient...

Anyway, the main topic of this thread is not that I'm worried about our UK collector friend. I just thought it was extremely weird that all of a sudden every shipment from the UK to me seems to end up missing.

UK friends - what type of mail service should I ask for next time I purchase something from a UK-based seller? Which service has the best tracking options?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    UK friends - what type of mail service should I ask for next time I purchase something from a UK-based seller? Which service has the best tracking options?
    Any Royal Mail Oversees service is suitable and trackable.

The big problem I've found when sending books abroad is that we (UK) don't have to fill in a Customs Form for books. We just write "Printed Papers" on the package. We also don't have to supply a return address, or cost of the item. This really bugs the Customs Service in the delivery country because they don't know what its worth, and they can get stroppy and hold onto the package for as long as they like.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Posted somewhere in another thread awhile back; I went 10 years or so without losing a thing, and then late last year/early this year I had 2 or 3 UK shipments just not show up. I think it was 2 from eBay and one from Book Depository or something, I don't remember. I also thought it very odd that it was only from the UK, and all in a relatively short period of time.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof