Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Need To Get Rid Of Some TV Shows

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default I Need To Get Rid Of Some TV Shows

I download a lot of TV. A LOT. The shows I LOVE LOVE LOVE I tend to download and watch that night. Other shows I might let the entire season build up and then binge watch them all. Well, there are seven TV shows I've had sitting in my folder for a while, and I've decided to get rid of four of them. Cut the fat so to speak.

If you've seen any of these shows/seasons, please let me know if it's worth spending my time on. I want ABOVE AVERAGE SHOWS only. If it's just "Eh" then I'll pass. There's too many other things to watch.

So, what do you think about these? No spoilers, just your opinion on whether I should delete them or keep them.

Believe: Season 1
    IMDb Rating: 7.3

Broadchurch: Season 1
    IMDb Rating: 8.4
    Note: I love David Tennant.

Defiance: Season 2
    IMDb Rating: 7.0
    Note: I gave the first season a 4/5 rating.

Orphan Black: Season 2
    IMDb Rating: 8.5

Rectify: Season 2

The Following: Season 2
    IMDb Rating: 7.6
    Note: I have the first season a 4/5 rating.

The Last Ship: Season 1

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely watch The Following and also The Last Ship.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I download a lot of TV. A LOT. The shows I LOVE LOVE LOVE I tend to download and watch that night. Other shows I might let the entire season build up and then binge watch them all. Well, there are seven TV shows I've had sitting in my folder for a while, and I've decided to get rid of four of them. Cut the fat so to speak.

If you've seen any of these shows/seasons, please let me know if it's worth spending my time on. I want ABOVE AVERAGE SHOWS only. If it's just "Eh" then I'll pass. There's too many other things to watch.

So, what do you think about these? No spoilers, just your opinion on whether I should delete them or keep them.

Believe: Season 1

Broadchurch: Season 1
    Note: I love David Tennant.

Defiance: Season 2
    IMDb Rating: 7.0

Orphan Black: Season 2
    IMDb Rating: 8.5

Rectify: Season 2

The Following: Season 2
    IMDb Rating: 7.6
    Note: I have the first season a 4/5 rating.

The Last Ship: Season 1

I would delete them all & start collecting SK books again.......
    JK, I personally enjoyed Orphan Black

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely get rid of Believe. Utter nonsense.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Believe was one of those shows that I saved for when I didn't have anything else to watch. It was a fun show, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it (especially since it wasn't picked up for Season 2).

Season 2 of The Following, on the other hand, was amazing. If you liked Season 1, definitely watch Season 2. It was a huge improvement.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I started watching season 1 on NF and it didn't grab me. Maybe I will wrap up 1 and check out 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Believe was one of those shows that I saved for when I didn't have anything else to watch. It was a fun show, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it (especially since it wasn't picked up for Season 2).

Season 2 of The Following, on the other hand, was amazing. If you liked Season 1, definitely watch Season 2. It was a huge improvement.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much agree with everyone else. The Following and The Last Ship were both good and both are coming back for another season. Believe was just okay and it ain't coming back - after we heard it was cancelled we didn't even watch the last two episodes.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hated Believe
    Orphan black is good
    Love the following
    don't know about the rest.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Do what I do. Don't watch television. Any shows that are good will still be good in five years when they are done and you can run through the entire thing. Life is too short to waste on shitty television.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shitty television is easy enough, I just stop watching. It's the average shows that kill me. Will it get better? Will it stay average?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I do the same thing Shannon, in regard to saving up shows to watch in one hit, unless it is an absolute MUST watch when it is on each week. That being said I haven't even heard of any of the shows on your list...

So read in to that as you will :-)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Life's too short for Average too. Between books, games, sports, movies, I have no time for that. Shows that last I'll watch eventually, like Mad Men and soon Breaking Bad. Walking Dead is the last new show I've watched while airing since Dexter. Before that it was South Park, I think lol. Breaking Bad is my next show then probably True Detective after.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Of those on your list I have only watched Believe and The Following. I liked Believe and enjoyed the first season of The Following but stopped watching a couple episodes into the second. It just got fucking ridiculous, imho.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Breaking Bad is my next show then probably True Detective after.
    Yes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rectify is pretty darn good too.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, you best be watching Mad Men if you're debating over these shows lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first two seasons of Mad Men, it didn't do it for me. At any given time I'm watching thirty to forty TV shows. For example, this is what I have to look forward to this Autumn and/or the near future:
    1. 2 Broke Girls: Season 4 - starts oct 27
    2. About A Boy: Season 2 - starts oct 14
    3. Agents Of SHIELD: Season 2 - starts sep 23
    4. American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow) - starts oct 8
    5. Ascension: Season 1 - starts nov 24
    6. Bad Judge: Season 1 - starts oct 2
    7. Boardwalk Empire: Season 5 - starts sep 7
    8. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 2 - starts sep 28
    9. Constantine: Season 1 - starts oct 24
    10. Dancing With The Stars: Season 19 - starts sep 15
    11. Family Guy: Season 13 - starts sep 28
    12. Galavant: Season 1 - starts unknown
    13. Gotham: Season 1 - starts sep 22
    14. Gracepoint - 10 episodes - starts oct 2
    15. Grey's Anatomy: Season 11 - starts sep 25
    16. Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 13 - starts sep 10
    17. Homeland: Season 4 - starts oct 5
    18. How To Get Away With Murder: Season 1 - starts sep 25
    19. Kingdom: Season 1 - starts oct 8
    20. Marry Me: Season 1 - starts oct 14
    21. Mixed Signals: Season 1 - starts unknown
    22. Nashville: Season 3 - starts sep 24
    23. New Girl: Season 4 - starts sep 16
    24. Proof: Season 1 - starts unknown
    25. Resurrection: Season 2 - starts sep 28
    26. Scorpion: Season 1 - starts sep 22
    27. Secrets And Lies: Season 1 - starts unknown
    28. Sons Of Anarchy: Season 7 - starts sep 9
    29. South Park: Season 18 - starts sep 24
    30. Stalker: Season 1 - starts oct 1
    31. Survivor: Season 29 - starts sep 24
    32. The 100: Season 2 - starts oct 22
    33. The Affair: Season 1 - starts oct 12
    34. The Chair: Season 1 - starts sep 6
    35. The Voice: Season 7 - starts sep 22
    36. The Walking Dead: Season 5 - starts oct 12
    37. Transporter: Season 1 - starts unknown
    38. Us & Them: Season 1 - starts unknown
    39. Wayward Pines: Season 1 - starts unknown

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's more TV shows than I've watched my whole life.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I watched the first two seasons of Mad Men, it didn't do it for me. At any given time I'm watching thirty to forty TV shows. For example, this is what I have to look forward to this Autumn and/or the near future:
    1. 2 Broke Girls: Season 4 - starts oct 27
    2. About A Boy: Season 2 - starts oct 14
    3. Agents Of SHIELD: Season 2 - starts sep 23
    4. American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow) - starts oct 8
    5. Ascension: Season 1 - starts nov 24
    6. Bad Judge: Season 1 - starts oct 2
    7. Boardwalk Empire: Season 5 - starts sep 7
    8. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 2 - starts sep 28
    9. Constantine: Season 1 - starts oct 24
    10. Dancing With The Stars: Season 19 - starts sep 15
    11. Family Guy: Season 13 - starts sep 28
    12. Galavant: Season 1 - starts unknown
    13. Gotham: Season 1 - starts sep 22
    14. Gracepoint - 10 episodes - starts oct 2
    15. Grey's Anatomy: Season 11 - starts sep 25
    16. Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 13 - starts sep 10
    17. Homeland: Season 4 - starts oct 5
    18. How To Get Away With Murder: Season 1 - starts sep 25
    19. Kingdom: Season 1 - starts oct 8
    20. Marry Me: Season 1 - starts oct 14
    21. Mixed Signals: Season 1 - starts unknown
    22. Nashville: Season 3 - starts sep 24
    23. New Girl: Season 4 - starts sep 16
    24. Proof: Season 1 - starts unknown
    25. Resurrection: Season 2 - starts sep 28
    26. Scorpion: Season 1 - starts sep 22
    27. Secrets And Lies: Season 1 - starts unknown
    28. Sons Of Anarchy: Season 7 - starts sep 9
    29. South Park: Season 18 - starts sep 24
    30. Stalker: Season 1 - starts oct 1
    31. Survivor: Season 29 - starts sep 24
    32. The 100: Season 2 - starts oct 22
    33. The Affair: Season 1 - starts oct 12
    34. The Chair: Season 1 - starts sep 6
    35. The Voice: Season 7 - starts sep 22
    36. The Walking Dead: Season 5 - starts oct 12
    37. Transporter: Season 1 - starts unknown
    38. Us & Them: Season 1 - starts unknown
    39. Wayward Pines: Season 1 - starts unknown
    Dude,

So sorry to say, but since you no longer have a wife I would say about 50% of those shows need to go unless, you are some "Metrosexual" or something. LOL Lose the Sit-Coms and reality shows.!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, I like what I like. This season of Big Brother, for example, is fantastic.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the only new shows I'm looking forward to are Gotham and Stalker.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No love for Constantine or Kingdom?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

1. American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow) - starts oct 8
    2. Boardwalk Empire: Season 5 - starts sep 7
    3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 2 - starts sep 28
    4. Family Guy: Season 13 - starts sep 28
    5. Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 13 - starts sep 10
    6. Homeland: Season 4 - starts oct 5
    7. South Park: Season 18 - starts sep 24
    8. The Walking Dead: Season 5 - starts oct 12
    Well I agree with some of yours....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nobody responded on Broadchurch so I will.
    WELL worth the time IMHO - Tennant is a great actor and really gets to show his skills in this.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'll be watching Broadchurch because I crave more Tennant in my life... Shannon may not admit it, but I bet that's the same reason the show is on his list.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast