Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 714 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 528 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Everything's Eventual and have to say I very much enjoyed it. The title story was very good as was 1408. Of course The Little Sisters of Eluria was the reason I picked it up, but all the stories were very good.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I have a collection of his stories with a very imaginative title. It's called The Collection. I haven't read it yet and I have to admit I read The Mailman because CD reprinted it. I have the original paperback though, it set me back two whole dollars. It flows very smoothly and chapters are relatively short which makes it perfect for reading at work at breaks etc.
    I've read quite a few of his. The Collection is great and one of the stories (The Washingtonians) was the basis for the Masters Of horror ep. of the same name. Highly enjoyable collection. My favorite so far is The Store though. The Store itself is a rather obvious twisted version of Wal-Mart and since I work for Sam's I took particular pleasure in it. I love CDs books. I don't really know why I've still never bought from them (though I own quite a few). I guess now it's just a matter of the right book at the right time (financially).

I am currently reading submissions for this: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rking-title%29 I LOVE the idea of helping to edit a book.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been listening to The Frankenstein audiobook for a few days now. I am 3/4 of the way through and still have not been interested in it. I had a similar experience with Dracula, but stuck through and enjoyed it by about 1/4 of the way into it. I just don't know if I will like Frankenstein. Part of my brain keeps trying to compare it to Young Frankenstein. They are nothing alike, by the way.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I've been listening to The Frankenstein audiobook for a few days now. I am 3/4 of the way through and still have not been interested in it. I had a similar experience with Dracula, but stuck through and enjoyed it by about 1/4 of the way into it. I just don't know if I will like Frankenstein. Part of my brain keeps trying to compare it to Young Frankenstein. They are nothing alike, by the way.
    I too had trouble with "Frankenstein". Shelley could be somewhat "heavy handed" if you know what I mean. Dracula, on the other hand grabbed me almost from the start. I really enjoyed the Letter writing/journal technique of writing and of course the subject matter. Great book!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I just finished up Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris and Tricked by Kevin Hearne. Now I am reading The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie.

Anyone who likes The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher should give The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne a whirl. The first book of the series is called Hounded.
    http://www.kevinhearne.com/books
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished A CLASH OF KINGS (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2), by George R.R. Martin

Currently reading THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE, by Stephen King

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I just finished up Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris and Tricked by Kevin Hearne. Now I am reading The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie.

Anyone who likes The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher should give The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne a whirl. The first book of the series is called Hounded.
    How was Deadlocked...am waiting to get it from the library when i finish the other two books i have here...am reading these two now...although it looks i read the wrong book first....lol...was supposed to read flirt first....oh well...hehehe
    Spoiler:

Last edited by mystima; 05-15-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: pics nsfw

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

How was Deadlocked...am waiting to get it from the library when i finish the other two books i have here...am reading these two now...although it looks i read the wrong book first....lol...was supposed to read flirt first....oh well...hehehe
    Spoiler:

I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite of the series by any means, but it seems to be getting a lot of horrible reviews on Goodreads that I don't really think it deserves.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Catching Fire last night and loved it! I thought it was on-par with The Hunger Games, if not better. Really looking forward to getting Mockingjay now.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Just finished The Talisman and am about to start Black House. I have to say I liked The Talisman alot more than i thought I would because I though the very beginning was very slow and kind of dull to me but it got alot better as the story went on. I am very much looking forward to Black House.
    How far into the story till you got into it? I got a little over 100 pages and stopped cause I couldn't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I just finished Rusting Chickens by Gene O'Neil and The Mailman by Bentley Little. Both highly recommended. Currently reading Duma Key and Space Odyssey 2010. It's as good as the first one.

That picture of Mila is finger licking good.
    I just love Bentley Little and I've yet to read that one.
    I read one Bentley Little and it's scared me away from ever reading another one of his books again
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Finished Catching Fire last night and loved it! I thought it was on-par with The Hunger Games, if not better. Really looking forward to getting Mockingjay now.
    It was decent enough, but it felt like too much of a rehash of book 1 for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just finished The Talisman and am about to start Black House. I have to say I liked The Talisman alot more than i thought I would because I though the very beginning was very slow and kind of dull to me but it got alot better as the story went on. I am very much looking forward to Black House.
    How far into the story till you got into it? I got a little over 100 pages and stopped cause I couldn't take it.
    GTFO.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about two-thirds of the way through Brian James Freeman's The Painted Darkness. A very interesting read.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    GTFO.
    QFT.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

????????????????? Heather love it's time to try again......

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Sadly no. There's many other books out there that I'm sure I'll enjoy more before I attempt another read of that one. Maybe some day, in the far distant future. 100 pages is alot more than I usually give a book I don't like

And not to break your heart, but I picked up Black House awhile ago. Read the first chapter and put it down Let's blame it on my reader's block... Will try again at some point.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

NO CARNIVALE THEN

That wasn't the deal!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Black House is 10 times better than The Talisman. At least.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Well, maybe 5x, but definitely better IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    QFT. Black House is a fucking masterpiece, no question in my mind it's one of his best.

NO CARNIVALE THEN
    FUCK YEAAAAAAH! No, seriously, be fair, I mean Heather said she couldn't get through Withnail & I, but I still gave Carnivale a shot...then again, that did turn into one of the most dissapointing tv shows I've watched lately. Yeah, you might have a point there, feev.

FUCK YEAAAAAAH!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    QFT. Black House is a fucking masterpiece, no question in my mind it's one of his best.

NO CARNIVALE THEN
    FUCK YEAAAAAAH! No, seriously, be fair, I mean Heather said she couldn't get through Withnail & I, but I still gave Carnivale a shot...then again, that did turn into one of the most dissapointing tv shows I've watched lately. Yeah, you might have a point there, feev.

FUCK YEAAAAAAH!
    QFT? what does that mean? I just LOVE BH was more about the fact that I enjoyed Talisman as well. BH is an awesome freaking book!!!!!

Carnivale broke my heart!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

QFT = "Quoted for Truth"

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Talisman and Black House. I have really liked every King book I've read so far. That being said, I'm a huge Cardinals fan so I don't think I can read Faithful. But if that is the last book left to complete my reading of King, I might at least peruse through it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I just finished Rusting Chickens by Gene O'Neil and The Mailman by Bentley Little. Both highly recommended. Currently reading Duma Key and Space Odyssey 2010. It's as good as the first one.

That picture of Mila is finger licking good.
    I just love Bentley Little and I've yet to read that one.
    I read one Bentley Little and it's scared me away from ever reading another one of his books again
    That is what he's supposed to do dear. Come on! I'll read you a nice bedtime story.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 714 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 528 ... LastLast