Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2014

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Halloween Horror-thon 2014

It's that time again! Time to stock up on everything pumpkin and break out the horror movies.

I always like to watch as many horror movies as possible during October, and I know there's a lot of people here who like to do the same. I think we'll end up having the same people who participated last year but for anyone new, here's the threads from past years:

Halloween Horror-thon 2011
    Halloween Horror-thon 2012
    Halloween Horror-thon 2013

What's on everyone's to-watch list for this month? To help you decide, here's Every Horror Movie on TV This October.

I just saw A Good Marriage today, so it was a good kick-off to the Halloween season.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Well a co-worker of my husband just gave him every single Halloween movie and remake plus directors' cuts, producers' cuts and anniversary editions (except #3 - haha) on DVD and Blue Ray, so we have a lot of Jason watching to do.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Well a co-worker of my husband just gave him every single Halloween movie and remake plus directors' cuts, producers' cuts and anniversary editions (except #3 - haha) on DVD and Blue Ray, so we have a lot of Jason watching to do.
    Of course you mean. Michael, right? The Exorcist is at the top of my list this time every year. Also, it will be time for the annual RHPS viewing!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Halloween (the original) is always on my list each year.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

How was A Good Marriage Ricky? I want to see that one soon.

I started off October with Annabelle last night. It wasn't the greatest, but oh well. My theater was showing previews for the classic films they're showing this month and both Psycho and A Nightmare Before Christmas are two of the films. I'll definitely be seeing those.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was decent. I re-read the novella earlier this week before I watched it and it follows pretty closely. It does drag a bit, though, which I guess is to be expected to fill up 1 hr. 40 minutes. I would probably give it a 7/10.

I can't wait to see Annabelle. I know I'll probably end up being a little disappointed, but it looks like a lot of fun. And I'm jealous of your theater, Heather. It always seems to be playing cool older movies around Halloween.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Of course you mean. Michael, right? The Exorcist is at the top of my list this time every year. Also, it will be time for the annual RHPS viewing!!!
    Duh, yeah I was typing and thinking of Friday the 13th... LOL.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link to the movies this month, Ricky. I will be checking it frequently. I will record Rose Red tomorrow morning and watch it after the Broncos game when I get home from work tomorrow. One of the few SK films I havent seen.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a head start on this, already watched the [rec] series, Beneath and replayed all the F.E.A.R. Games.

Probably going to watch:

the Orphanage
    Carnival of Souls
    eyes Without A Face
    Pontypool
    The Relic
    The Devil's Backbone
    Nosferatu
    28 Days Later
    Repulsion
    The Tenant
    Carrie (2013)

Let's hope I can be this ambitious, I've lots of diistractions this October.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Thanks for the link to the movies this month, Ricky.
    No problem!

I know I won't end up getting to all of them (I can't remember how many times I've been meaning to watch Dead Silence), but here's my list:

Finish the Halloween series (The Curse of Michael Myers, H20, Resurrection)
    Dead Silence
    Friday the 13th
    Coraline
    Big Driver
    Annabelle
    Extraterrestrial
    Ouija
    Horns

Also plan to do some re-watches like Halloween, Frankenweenie, and, of course, my annual Saw series re-watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, no RHPS fands out there? I watch it each year with my daughter and the "Theater" soundtrack "on". It's always a "hoot"!!! "What's for dinner"?

Spoiler:
    Meat loaf!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen it (and can't say that I really want to. )
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I've never seen it (and can't say that I really want to. )
    Well, that's a shame for you, but if you ever do go to see it, make sure your first time is in a theater.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

So, no RHPS fands out there? I watch it each year with my daughter and the "Theater" soundtrack "on". It's always a "hoot"!!! "What's for dinner"?

Spoiler:
    Meat loaf!!!!!!

They do a live version at Monster Mania every year... I don't always stay to watch but I do love it!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Rocky Horror Picture Show makes me want to wrap my arms around my neck and asphyxiate myself.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Rocky Horror Picture Show makes me want to wrap my arms around my neck and asphyxiate myself.
    Somehow, I am not surprised to hear this from you. Sad. You need to have more fun, Matts the Blue Jays are never gonna win the series again!!!! LOL Is there a "Halloween" comedy/parody that you do like?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I might be having some issues with my computer and can't put links on any sites but but here is a link to a RHPS Parody for Doctor Who.(copy and paste in browser.)

http://youtu.be/9WBqHdI5Bdw

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Somehow, I am not surprised to hear this from you. Sad. You need to have more fun, Matts the Blue Jays are never gonna win the series again!!!! LOL Is there a "Halloween" comedy/parody that you do like?

There's nothing fun about Rocky Horror. Maybe the midnight showings in costume that everyone loved doing were fun, but if I ever have to hear Time Warp again....something, somewhere, in some dimension, will feel the butterfly effect of my wrath.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's nothing fun about Rocky Horror. Maybe the midnight showings in costume that everyone loved doing were fun, but if I ever have to hear Time Warp again....something, somewhere, in some dimension, will feel the butterfly effect of my wrath.
    Oh, Matts you're Canadian. You don't know how to have fun!! LOL "It's just a jump to the left"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the "Pelvic Thrust" that bothers you ain't it???? LOL LOL I mean it drives everyone else "Insaaaaaaaaane"!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

When Eddie said he didn't like his Teddy, you knew he was a no-good kid....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

If I can squeeze in a viewing of the Charlie Brown and Garfield Halloween specials, I’ll be happy.

“I got a rock.”
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    If I can squeeze in a viewing of the Charlie Brown and Garfield Halloween specials, I’ll be happy.

“I got a rock.”

A true "Classic"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

At least you put classic in quotations

Going crazy on the horror games this year too. Playing through Alan Wake for Halloween, one of the best games ever made

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast