Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: My Apologies

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default My Apologies

As a recent thread post has pointed out, I may have over-stepped my bounds. For that, I wish to offer my sincere apologies to all affected. I do get carried away with the HF each year and I have also had some medical issues that may have contributed to my erratic behavior. The Doc's have been screwing with my "Blood Pressure" meds for going on two years now and it has it's effects. I have also had to deal with a few losses that I did not totally share, but that is my issue.

I take a lot of "pain" meds and sometimes they get the best of me. I wish that all of this were not true, it's not who I am, but it is the reality of the situation. I think it best that this is my last HF and hope someone else will carry on. I apologize to all that I have offended and wish them all the very best. I feel bad that I can no longer spearhead the HF drive after this year, but feel certain there are others who will do nicely. My support is always available.

Again, I apologize for any transgressions. They were not intentional and I wish all of you nothing but the very best of wishes. I'll phase out my contributions (so to speak) over the coming months especially with the culmination of the 2014 Haven Fundraiser.

I do not want any sympathy, that is for others. My problems are my own and I will deal with them. I do apologize for subjecting you all to their results. This is an absolutely wonderful and caring site. See that it remains so.

My sincere best wishes to all of you!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to be the first to respond to this and doubt if I will be the last.

Bill, you were the first person to make me welcome on this forum and I have enjoyed every 'virtual conversation' we have had. It is the nature of forums where a posted response may be done in haste or misconstrued. Even with a common interest, not everyone will see eye to eye, we are all grown up enough to not let it rule our lives.

I think everyone would agree your efforts and personal generosity for the HF have been nothing short of phenomenal, I am proud to have been able to assist this year and I'm sure I speak for all of the minions when I ask that you don't make the above decision in haste - it wouldn't be the same without The Haven Whore at the helm!

You are a character Bill, your posts are always filled with that character, that's nothing to appologise for, so don't ever feel you need to.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ill second that Bill for sure. Some people were not the nicest when I first came on here and you didn't judge the "new guy"... Thanks for that my friend
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I appreciate your thoughts, but it is not about that. It is simply just "The Time" for me to step back. That is all. I'll still be available, just not on the fore-front all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I've told you many times before that I don't mind your "transgressions" in the pursuit of the Haven Fund and I just hope you still stick around for a long, long time.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will, but the amount remains questionable. I should dial it back, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well. damn Bill Now you have me searching threads to find what anyone could feel was you overstepping your bounds.
    Feel like involved in another search challenge game.
    You have to know, You da Man Bill! REALLY YOU ARE THE MAN!
    We all appreciate your efforts so much more than you likely could know.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin,

you are awesome! You are a character for sure and that's why I like you (psst here's a secret, I'm one too). Problem is, sometimes, folks who are not like us can get their sensibilities stepped on by our perceived "over the top behavior". Don't let that bring you down. Be yourself, man and if anybody doesn't like it well that is their problem.

No one likes flame wars (well at least the cool people don't like them) but they are rife on internet chat boards. Suprisingly there is much less drama on these boards than any I have ever posted on. It is because the community is so strong.

Hey man, if you fly off the handle, sure it's good to apologize, come out and take responsibility. That only makes our positive opinion of you stronger!

Keep up the good work with the Haven Fund support. Man, you are the poster child of that fund drive! It wouldn't be the same without you. Our group as a whole is doing great things for charity whether you buy items at auction to make a contribution, give small funds to the widget anonymously, donate stuff to be sold, or work behind the scenes arranging it all, everyone plays their part. Your part is a great part of the whole and we need you in the forefront, louder and brassier than ever to drive us to greater levels of giving.

And if someone gets a chapped ass at you personally, then 'em, they can grinch out on their own and just ignore ya.

*respect*
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I will, but the amount remains questionable. I should dial it back, no?
    NO... Full Force
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree--NO!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Amber is on a distinguished road Amber's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Ill second that Bill for sure. Some people were not the nicest when I first came on here and you didn't judge the "new guy"... Thanks for that my friend
    Ditto on this. you were so kind to me as well Thank you

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, be yourself. No one else is better at it than you.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wild Bill is okay with me.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I've been giving this a lot of thought. One of the reasons this site is so popular is that we are a family--we have our little tiffs and disagreements, but, in the end, we are family. If you "dial it back", things just wouldn't be the same.

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was the mishap the other day with put good friend Tippy but it was a mistake... Bill you work hard at Haven and are an asset to this site. Don't be silly... If u go though... Can I have your books? Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to close this thread. We all have problems-here, at home, in line at the DMV, etc. A sincere apology is a great therapeutic gesture.
    For now, we do not need a single dedicated thread for absolution/penance.