Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 423 of 892 FirstFirst ... 323 373 413 421 422 423 424 425 433 473 523 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,575 of 22277

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by biblio.phage View Post
    Any update--or can you post a teaser--on the Friday the 13th/13lb. Grab Bags?
    As soon as we can get to the shelves with the books we're using, we'll get these shipping. Another new book arrives this week, blocking our access, but there should be a little break between new books after that... I think!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would prefer that The Stand be one book like It was at least for the GE. 'It' was a beautiful book as-is.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I would prefer that The Stand be one book like It was at least for the GE. 'It' was a beautiful book as-is.
    Chiming in to echo that sentiment. Even if the font has to be a bit smaller to accommodate and/or the paper has to be a bit less robust, I would find either (both?) an acceptable compromise in order to have one single spectacular volume.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Chiming in to echo that sentiment. Even if the font has to be a bit smaller to accommodate and/or the paper has to be a bit less robust, I would find either (both?) an acceptable compromise in order to have one single spectacular volume.
    +1

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see the 1978 version as well. One volume version, and I'd like to see the back edge uncut like the original version was as well for that rough look. If a thinner stock needs to be used for this book, it would be understandable.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I prefer whichever version (1 book or 2) that will cost the least. I will probably buy this no matter what, but I'm just not a fan of paying over $100 for gift editions.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

My vote--for what it's worth--is for the original published version. I still prefer it over the expanded reissue.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't it be up to King which version were to be reprinted? Seems like he would want his complete story to be printed.

I only read the uncut version, what are the reasons for some of you to prefer the edited version?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

It is up to King. And considering that he was 'forced' to trim the original book by 150,000 word, I don't see him having the original republished.

Just my opinion.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Wouldn't it be up to King which version were to be reprinted? Seems like he would want his complete story to be printed.

I only read the uncut version, what are the reasons for some of you to prefer the edited version?
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

The decision has been made on which version (uncut) is to be used; the internal debate at CD is one volume vs two.
    If they were able to publish IT in one volume they should be able to do the same with The Stand.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    The decision has been made on which version (uncut) is to be used; the internal debate at CD is one volume vs two.
    If they were able to publish IT in one volume they should be able to do the same with The Stand.
    I agree. I think a big bas ass Stand would be best. I would push it to the binders limits too. I think a big robust book will be nice!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Yeah, if we go with one volume of THE STAND, we would use a very similar paper as we did for IT. This would certainly be one big book!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Not this big I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yeah, if we go with one volume of THE STAND, we would use a very similar paper as we did for IT. This would certainly be one big book!

Brian
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

By my rough estimate, The Stand (complete and uncut) is less than 5% longer than It.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the collection is the Doubleday years, shouldnt it be the edited version of the story?
    It wouldnt make sense for that reason to get the uncut version...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    By my rough estimate, The Stand (complete and uncut) is less than 5% longer than It.
    Admit it, you just sat down and counted the words in both books, didn't you?

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If the collection is the Doubleday years, shouldnt it be the edited version of the story?
    The Uncut was also Doubleday.
    As mentioned, the decision has already been made (which I agree with). The question now is one volume or two, and if one, then how to do a quality book will match the others in height.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Brian
    Just now. since that last post. I'm hell on wheels when it comes to counting!

Brian
    Just now. since that last post. I'm hell on wheels when it comes to counting!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be VERY surprised if King would allow the early version to be reprinted.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Using Microsoft Word Count...

The Stand Uncut is 473,570 and IT is 449,991.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    As mentioned, the decision has already been made (which I agree with). The question now is one volume or two, and if one, then how to do a quality book will match the others in height.
    I know that it was by Doubleday and that the decision had been made. I am just giivng my opinion that, as the collection was supposed to be the Doubleday years (in other words, the early years) it doesnt make sense to me, even if the longer version is obviously better...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I know that it was by Doubleday and that the decision had been made. I am just giivng my opinion that, as the collection was supposed to be the Doubleday years (in other words, the early years) it doesnt make sense to me, even if the longer version is obviously better...
    I agree, we already have a very nice limited of the Uncut version (arguably THE nicest) and a limited of the cut would be more preferable IMHO. Brian was the original cut version ever considered or has it been dictated by SK ?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I agree, we already have a very nice limited of the Uncut version (arguably THE nicest) and a limited of the cut would be more preferable IMHO. Brian was the original cut version ever considered or has it been dictated by SK ?
    Lots of things have been discussed, of course, but what we can use for this set has already been determined.

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Given all that went on between, King & Doubleday, in publishing the original and the fact that the uncut version is the vision of the original story in, Mr. King's eyes I don't see the debate on this issue, IMHO. The Uncut version is the purist form of the story in the authors eyes and I don't quite understand the desire for the original "bastardized" version to be validated any further than as a foot note in the history of the author. Of course, that is just one man's opinion.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 423 of 892 FirstFirst ... 323 373 413 421 422 423 424 425 433 473 523 ... LastLast