Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 463 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 11551

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on this one.

The King looks ok to me, the Stephen seems a little off, but it may just be the power of suggestion as it is posted in this thread.

Are you thinking that the seller is forging signatures and including copies of the same Haven Foundation receipt? Or do you think the receipt is also faked?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

The King looks ok to me, the Stephen seems a little off, but it may just be the power of suggestion as it is posted in this thread.

Are you thinking that the seller is forging signatures and including copies of the same Haven Foundation receipt? Or do you think the receipt is also faked?
    It looks consistent with King's most current style. But maybe others can chime in to get a better consensus.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

It looks consistent with King's most current style. But maybe others can chime in to get a better consensus.
    The Stephen looks a bit scrunched but I think it's ok. I'm not a 100% happy.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't trust it - the slant seems to be off......

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's good. The angle is funny but the sig looks legit to me.

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The low price should have been the warning.
    Yep. Oh well. Live and learn. I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've been burned with a sig on ebay - so could be worse. I'm out about 50 bucks (35 british pounds and another 6 on postage), could have been way worse. I'm just wondering if I can open a case with ebay in a situation like this.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The low price should have been the warning.
    Yep. Oh well. Live and learn. I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've been burned with a sig on ebay - so could be worse. I'm out about 50 bucks (35 british pounds and another 6 on postage), could have been way worse. I'm just wondering if I can open a case with ebay in a situation like this.
    If you are within the time limits you certainly can.

The first step is to contact the seller and tell him that multiple authoritative sources have informed you that the signature is suspect. Let him know that you would like him to provide a return mailing label so you can ship it back to him, and that you would like a refund for the original purchase & shipping price. Be polite. He may well do as you ask.

If he doesn't then open a case with eBay for a counterfeit signature.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope I am mistaken, but it looks funky.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's good.....

Definitely "funky" (top-to-bottom height) but, it's good.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This seller seems like a King fan and should know better than to try to mislead potential buyers:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PET-SEMATARY...item27e3e1cbed

In a way, he's correct because the book is signed but not by King. He doesn't mention that in the description. If you buy a book that is signed, the assumption is that it's signed by the author.

I doubt eBay would side with him if the buyer files a claim.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

all appalling. What's supposed to have happened during the Lisey's Story signing? King fall of his chair and kept going as he fell?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He pulled them. His response:

Thank you for the heads up...I will have them checked out and see what is up, I do not nor will I ever sell anything knowingly to defraud or rip people off, I do pride myself on honesty and when brought to my attention I do what I can to remedy the situation, thanks again and I will have PSA check out as eBay directs when questions arise, I did have PSA check out my other book and they could Not confirm or deny signature, but thanks again and no hrm intended was just selling as bought

- vin5150

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"Certified" bullshit:
    Stephen King Signed 11/22/63

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    "Certified" bullshit:
    Stephen King Signed 11/22/63
    That's TERRIBLE!

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Another one of those with a sticker attached to the title page.

Also note the name of his store--imashyster!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item338f26b3da

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Also note the name of his store--imashyster!

John
    Finally!!! An honest seller!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice ap275 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if this is the right thread, what do you think about this signature?

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...&afn_sr=impact

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks fine (cramped but fine).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,
    Looks fine to me. I have one of those I do not really want (post 41 in my collection thread) if interested. Problem is I'm in the UK So postage involved.
    Jon

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably a legit auction (but if this is Mark from Copper Dragon Books, he is a scumbag), the auction ends Tuesday 5/27/2014. If you win and pay immediately the best he can do is ship it the next day Media Mail. That will take 3-7 business days to receive.
    If the winner is on the East Coast, they would be better off just waiting until street day. <$20 at Costco.

Stephen King ** MR. MERCEDES ** 1st Printing ** On hand and ready to ship!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 463 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 ... LastLast