Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Book Collection: Jonahwriter

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

The last record is that it was "sorting" in Chicago. No luck on the other link but that's the last I can find out about it. Hopefully it arrives this week. It's a $400 book and usually when I'm given a tracking number I can see everywhere it is so it's just a bit weird, I will contact the seller and ebay if it hasn't arrived by the 25th.

On another note, got a great package today from someone else. Back in a bit with photos!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    On another note, got a great package today from someone else. Back in a bit with photos!
    Looking forward to this...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Good news! The Dorothy Parker finally got here. Going to wait for a few more things to come then put up a whole load of pics next week all at once!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good news! The Dorothy Parker finally got here. Going to wait for a few more things to come then put up a whole load of pics next week all at once!
    Arrived on time no less. Great to hear!

My Mood
    Breezy

Yep! Exactly at the last estimated date. Delighted.

Unfortunately no dustjacket - and am unlikely to find one, real or facsimile for the autographed edition (I've looked - you can find trade "Sunset Gun" DJ no problem, but not so much autographed edition) so going to put it in a plastic mylar cover.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately no dustjacket - and am unlikely to find one, real or facsimile for the autographed edition (I've looked - you can find trade "Sunset Gun" DJ no problem, but not so much autographed edition) so going to put it in a plastic mylar cover.
    If you look at the pics, I don't think there was a DJ for the limited. Only a slipcase.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post

If you look at the pics, I don't think there was a DJ for the limited. Only a slipcase.
    Ah ok. I always assumed there was a DJ and a slipcase but if the blue pic is actually a slipcase and not the DJ, it would make more sense now that I think of it...

I'm still delighted with my copy though. I'd rather have the double-signed presentation copy in not-fine condition signed to Herbert Bayard Swope than a fine or very fine limited edition that didn't have the cool association. I might get a custom made little slipcase for it. I'm not going to clean it up though. I kind of like it looking battered, stained and torn lol - looks like it survived a lot to make its way to me. I really think it's my favourite book that I own now.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah ok. I always assumed there was a DJ and a slipcase but if the blue pic is actually a slipcase and not the DJ, it would make more sense now that I think of it...

I'm still delighted with my copy though. I'd rather have the double-signed presentation copy in not-fine condition signed to Herbert Bayard Swope than a fine or very fine limited edition that didn't have the cool association. I might get a custom made little slipcase for it. I'm not going to clean it up though. I kind of like it looking battered, stained and torn lol - looks like it survived a lot to make its way to me. I really think it's my favourite book that I own now.
    In that case (pun intented), you could get Dick Olson (Dolso) to make you an excellent wooden case for it.

https://www.bookslipcase.com/Home.html

My Mood
    Breezy

Thanks! I think I will.

My Mood
    Breezy

Skyofcrack - something that just occurred to me. I've assumed this book is missing the slipcase - but perhaps slipcases were not made for or issued with the first 25 Presentation Copies? Wondering if that's a valid theory. Wish I had a time machine so I could go back and ask lol!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Skyofcrack - something that just occurred to me. I've assumed this book is missing the slipcase - but perhaps slipcases were not made for or issued with the first 25 Presentation Copies? Wondering if that's a valid theory. Wish I had a time machine so I could go back and ask lol!
    This description indicates a dj and a slipcase albeit a glassine dj for the limited.

Amercan poet and Academy Award nominee, Dorothy Parker signed limited edition of ''Sunset Gun'' published by Boni & Liveright: New York: 1928. Signed ''Dorothy Parker'' to the limitation page which is numbered 85 of 275. This collection of poems was written prior to her ascent in Hollywood and ultimate blacklisting. Book in slipcase runs 75pp. and measures 6.25'' x 9.25''. Slipcase is toned and torn, in fair condition. Glassine dustjacket is also torn. Book itself is in near fine condition, with only a spot of light fading to the boards.
    http://natedsanders.com/lot-7145.aspx

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sky, was right. Get the "Dolso" case. You'll feel better and add to the value around here.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy

I also forgot to mention I bought that cool King inscribed "Different Seasons" from biblio.phage - the one referencing Lennon and West Side Story. So once that arrives, I'll put up photos of it and the Rachel Readman JAS remarques, and more items. I'm kind of waiting for a few things to build up and do all the photos together. Also, I've just been lazy lol.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sky, was right. Get the "Dolso" case. You'll feel better and add to the value around here.
    I definitely will! I need to contact him and get international shipping rates. Sometimes they can be expensive.

Speaking of cases, I wanted to give a shout out to a seller on ebay I am buying some slipcases from - ideal if you're on a budget.

His name is Jeff and the listing is here - contact him with dimensions, and he has other colours/sizes/designs. He's agreed to do a Dorothy Parker slipcase for me too, which will tide me over until I can contact and/or afford a "Dolso".

Here's ebay link: Stephen King slipcases to fit UK & US 1st editions http://www.ebay.com/itm/171294083265...84.m1423.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by biblio.phage View Post
    Meanwhile... THIS ^^^^ arrived today! Wanted to give a shout out to biblio phage (a forum member) and say thanks. Great seller! Great item! Definitely the best King inscription I own...

Pics of other items soon.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the acquisition!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2