Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1482

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2013

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As did I. If fact, I though it was a great choice to open the book. A "welcome to the horrors behind the curtain" thing.
    Far be it from me to not sing kumbaya with the group, but I didn't like positioning of a poem at the start of the book. Poetry is an acquired taste (which I personally don't have), so when I opened and saw a poem I went "ugh" and skipped immediately to the middle of the book. On the other hand, I thought it would have been a perfect ending for the book, summarizing the overall tone.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to call tech support today. It has to do with my website editing program not allowing me to access the server. It's as if I forgot my password with no way to reset it. That's not the case, but that is a good metaphor. It would be so much easier if I can access the straight HTML from the server itself but noooooooooooo, they don't allow that. Booo.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    And ... we are officially sold out of the Signed Limited Hardcover Editions.

Wish I could update my damn website, lol.

And it is up for auction here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Signed-Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

David at Bett's had four copies. Proceeds go to Haven Fund.
    I bought one!!!!! Pay up, David!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I bought one too. Just doing my part as a loyal minion.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought one too. Just doing my part as a loyal minion.
    Number one with a bullet!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted to offer these items here first, before they go on eBay, one at a time:

We have FIVE (and only FIVE) "Printing Error" editions of the hardcover. Perfect condition, with the exception of a small area of the dustjacket that seems to have gotten caught in the printer. These copies were JUST TOO IMPERFECT enough to send out as a numbered edition. These will be annotated as "PE COPY ___ of 5" and they will be unsigned. $34.99 each.

We also have FIVE (and only FIVE) "PC" editions of the hardcover. Perfect condition. These will be annotated as "PC COPY ___ of 5" and they will be unsigned. $49.99 each.

These ten books are all that remains of the hardcover edition of In Mint Condition: 2013 after the 100 numbered copies, the 37 contributor copies, the one (1) "HF2014" copy, and 52 copies that I am putting aside for a top-secret project that will be unveiled two years from now, and although I'm sure you can guess WHAT it is, you have no idea what the final production will look like.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just PM'd you Shannon ... I'll take one of the PCs.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received another HC and two paperbacks this morning, thanks Shannon and Amber.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

These will be annotated as "PC COPY ___ of 5" and they will be unsigned.
    So, an unsigned numbered PC limited? That's new.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, we strive to be unique.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    These will be annotated as "PC COPY ___ of 5" and they will be unsigned.
    So, an unsigned numbered PC limited? That's new.
    New Lieutenant's Rap had them (I own one)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, we strive to be unique.
    Lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that is very logical.

Spoiler:
    Note: No "LOL" was used in the making of this post!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...mpetition-Poll
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by George at C-Springs
    What? I was just being thorough! I've given Shannon enough IMC 2013 and website "feedback" over the past two weeks that I figure he might just be on the edge of ignoring my messages!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by George at C-Springs
    What? I was just being thorough! I've given Shannon enough IMC 2013 and website "feedback" over the past two weeks that I figure he might just be on the edge of ignoring my messages!
    Oh, we just LOVE you "Fly-Boys" related guys!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Actually, it just was. LOL!!!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd never ignore you, George! Well ... maybe.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...mpetition-Poll
    Now THATS the kind of post that's gonna cost you money Bill - goblins are ever watchful...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"The only thing better than a superb collection of spinechilling stories, is a superb collection of spinechilling stories accompanied by equally unsettling illustrations, and in that regard, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better example than IN MINT CONDITION: 2013. In reading it, I have discovered writers and artists previously unknown to me who are now very high on my radar, and they should be just as high on yours."

~ Kealan Patrick Burke, Bram Stoker Award-Winning author of THE TURTLE BOY, and KIN.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, THAT ONE is going up on the refrigerator.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"The only thing better than a superb collection of spinechilling stories, is a superb collection of spinechilling stories accompanied by equally unsettling illustrations, and in that regard, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better example than IN MINT CONDITION: 2013. In reading it, I have discovered writers and artists previously unknown to me who are now very high on my radar, and they should be just as high on yours."

~ Kealan Patrick Burke, Bram Stoker Award-Winning author of THE TURTLE BOY, and KIN.
    Now, THAT ONE is going up on the refrigerator.
    Refrigerator? Hell, you oughta have it tattooed on your ass! Awesome! (The review, not your ass)

(Too bad I can't read it in the testimonials tab at AmbannonBooks.com, nudge nudge hint hint)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

nudge nudge hint hint getting there

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If it’s OK, I want to waste your time for a minute and share my thoughts on reviews, book testimonials, and some of my experience with “Marvin’s Retirement”

Jumping right in…….

Why does it appear in reviews one reader likes a story, but a minute later the next reader seems to hate it? Did the reader leaving the negative review not understand the story? Did the story appeal to the reader leaving the negative? Does a review really matter to me in selecting a book to read?

Nope, not at all.

Positive or negative, we all know reviews are simply a person’s opinion. However, from time to time a review comes along I do take notice because the review writer and I seem to share the same feelings. A great example of what I’m talking about is the In Mint Condition: 2013 review by Kealan Patrick Burke. I couldn’t agree more with his review. Reading the stories have been fun for me and an adventure I will revisit again. Does the review mean you will like the stories buried within? Not sure, grab a copy and find out for yourself.

To all the contributors of In Mint Condition: 2013, take a moment today and look at yourself in the mirror. Your accomplishment along with the hard work of Ambannon Books is something you shouldn’t take lightly. No matter if your story has been mentioned in a review, liked, dis-liked, or not even mentioned at all, revel in your success.

For me, I believe “Marvin’s Retirement” will open some fantastic doors. The collaboration with Glenn Chadbourne is priceless to me. Just a small glimpse of what I’m feeling; Glenn never read the story during the character creation period. He drew the pictures just from me explaining the story to him and how I think the characters should look. When the prelim drawings started showing up, I was floored. Glenn nailed them the first go around. In fact, he added some of his special touches so I obliged and changed the story to incorporate his ideas. A collaboration project I will never forget.

Some readers are asking…..

Will the “Lilja” part of the story continue? Yes

Where did Lilja’s evil book come from? The book is the secret to Stephen King’s writing success, he accidentally left it behind during a visit. Lilja stumbled onto the books power and locked it in Room 107.

Is Lilja evil or being controlled by something else? Both. Just look at the picture Glenn created, she is one ugly evil bitch.

Is Marvin’s wife still searching for him? Yes, she searches for him every day. She frequents the library in hopes to understand what happened to her husband. She can’t see him during her visits, but he can see and hear her. As Marvin stands in a dark corner of the library with a tear in his eye…he asks himself “do I even want Martha to find me for what I’ve become?”

Should the story continue? (shaking my magic eight ball) A Must

In closing, the above mention of “Marvin’s Story” isn’t a plea for a review or comment. Hopefully it didn’t come across that way. I just want all the authors of the book to know, if your story isn’t mentioned in a review, it’s OK……I liked it. The book In Mint Condition: 2013 and all your stories within sit in a special place in the closet (“Room 217”) along with my book and art collection.

Congratulation’s again to all the contributors.

I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that the first "verified" remarque?

Great post, Ralph.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is awesome coming from someone I admire.

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast