Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DYING WISH COMPETITION

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll work on seeing if I can make you make more rules. LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Elizabeth walked into the bedroom that Matt had been lying in for the past 48 hours. The sun illuminated the dust floating in the air and as she walked towards him she looked as though she was coming through a tunnel of light.
    "You awake?" Her hand reached to his forehead and lightly felt for heat. She didn't want to move too fast in case the skin turned out to be cold. The fact that he had lived though the battle with the troll in the forest two days before was amazing enough. They had been able to talk a couple of times and say their own sort of goodbyes without actually saying goodbye, but still she wasn't ready.
    His eyes opened and then quickly closed to the light. Elizabeth felt guilty about the sun hitting him right in the eyes, though the intention was for the warmth on the sun to keep him alive. She hopped up to close the blinds and returned to the bed.
    His eyes opened back up and Elizabeth placed her hand on his bandaged neck. She began to softly cry. "Please Matt, don't do this to me. Who's gonna fix the washer when it breaks for the hundredth time? Who's gonna make sure the well is working? See I need you, I thought I could take care of myself but now that you might not be here, just, I can't."
    "I'm not going anywhere." But his voice, now so raspy from the large cuts on his neck, said other wise. His voice said he was on his way out.
    She turned and wiped her eyes, soothed for the moment. Matt looked over to the bookcase, "Can you grab the atlas for me?"
    "Sure." On the bottom shelf was the old atlas he'd saved from his father the pilot. It was marked up with red sharpie dots indicating where he'd flown through out his career. When he retired he'd given it to Matt and told him to add some new dots. Two dots were all he had a chance to add.
    When Elizabeth set the atlas on the bed Matt told her to open it. "Flip it to any page." She opened it little more than half way to a large area of South America and held it up to show him.
    "We never did get to add any dots out there. When I go, take me outside."
    "Go?" Her face turned to a look of panic. "You ain't about to go are you?"
    "No, no. I ain't planning on it, but I can't feel parts of me. I don't think my body is trying too hard to stay." His eyes closed and he feel asleep.
    In the dream he was with Elizabeth at there first apartment. It was a Saturday, the one that was the day he bought the BMW. His arm was around her shoulder and her arms around his body. They stared out at the car in the parking lot from their 3rd floor balcony. It was such a simple joy that he'd shed a tear being that happy. The window flew off of the wall and they blew into the sky.
    The room he was dying in came back and Elizabeth was sobbing on his chest. "Why, why?" Her voice an unstable croak. Then she noticed he was awake again. She looked deep into his eyes, deeper then when they meet for the first time, deeper then on the day of their marriage and the following night.
    He spoke his final words more clearly now, he was focused and knew from the prickly feeling in his face and skull that he truly was going. "You take me outside and burn my body to ashes. Get the best looking can or box or whatever that you can put me in. Then you put a red dot in this book for the both of us. Never come back here and if you ever feel like that fuh, that thing knows where you are, you put another dot in some other country." One last deep breath. "Give me a kiss, I love you so damn much."
    She pressed her lips hard into his, tears poured down her face as she held the sobs inside. When she knew that he was gone she rolled into his arms and cried herself to sleep.
    Outside in the distance, the ancient troll cried into the forest from it's own wounds.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. My official entry!!! To take King with me so I would not miss out on any future TDT stories or collectibles!!!

That's gotta rate in the top 5!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Elizabeth walked into the bedroom that Matt had been lying in for the past 48 hours. The sun illuminated the dust floating in the air and as she walked towards him she looked as though she was coming through a tunnel of light.
    "You awake?" Her hand reached to his forehead and lightly felt for heat. She didn't want to move too fast in case the skin turned out to be cold. The fact that he had lived though the battle with the troll in the forest two days before was amazing enough. They had been able to talk a couple of times and say their own sort of goodbyes without actually saying goodbye, but still she wasn't ready.
    His eyes opened and then quickly closed to the light. Elizabeth felt guilty about the sun hitting him right in the eyes, though the intention was for the warmth on the sun to keep him alive. She hopped up to close the blinds and returned to the bed.
    His eyes opened back up and Elizabeth placed her hand on his bandaged neck. She began to softly cry. "Please Matt, don't do this to me. Who's gonna fix the washer when it breaks for the hundredth time? Who's gonna make sure the well is working? See I need you, I thought I could take care of myself but now that you might not be here, just, I can't."
    "I'm not going anywhere." But his voice, now so raspy from the large cuts on his neck, said other wise. His voice said he was on his way out.
    She turned and wiped her eyes, soothed for the moment. Matt looked over to the bookcase, "Can you grab the atlas for me?"
    "Sure." On the bottom shelf was the old atlas he'd saved from his father the pilot. It was marked up with red sharpie dots indicating where he'd flown through out his career. When he retired he'd given it to Matt and told him to add some new dots. Two dots were all he had a chance to add.
    When Elizabeth set the atlas on the bed Matt told her to open it. "Flip it to any page." She opened it little more than half way to a large area of South America and held it up to show him.
    "We never did get to add any dots out there. When I go, take me outside."
    "Go?" Her face turned to a look of panic. "You ain't about to go are you?"
    "No, no. I ain't planning on it, but I can't feel parts of me. I don't think my body is trying too hard to stay." His eyes closed and he feel asleep.
    In the dream he was with Elizabeth at there first apartment. It was a Saturday, the one that was the day he bought the BMW. His arm was around her shoulder and her arms around his body. They stared out at the car in the parking lot from their 3rd floor balcony. It was such a simple joy that he'd shed a tear being that happy. The window flew off of the wall and they blew into the sky.
    The room he was dying in came back and Elizabeth was sobbing on his chest. "Why, why?" Her voice an unstable croak. Then she noticed he was awake again. She looked deep into his eyes, deeper then when they meet for the first time, deeper then on the day of their marriage and the following night.
    He spoke his final words more clearly now, he was focused and knew from the prickly feeling in his face and skull that he truly was going. "You take me outside and burn my body to ashes. Get the best looking can or box or whatever that you can put me in. Then you put a red dot in this book for the both of us. Never come back here and if you ever feel like that fuh, that thing knows where you are, you put another dot in some other country." One last deep breath. "Give me a kiss, I love you so damn much."
    She pressed her lips hard into his, tears poured down her face as she held the sobs inside. When she knew that he was gone she rolled into his arms and cried herself to sleep.
    Outside in the distance, the ancient troll cried into the forest from it's own wounds.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    OK. My official entry!!! To take King with me so I would not miss out on any future TDT stories or collectibles!!!

...much, much higher

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

...much, much higher
    LOL Can't win it if you ain't in it!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Pretty good, Matt. Yours?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking, why am I dying in the first place, and what would my wish be in that situation. Trying real hard for the prize!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Well done. I salute you. ::raises beer stein:
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I would wish for spiritual enlightenment. I know this sounds cliche, but if there is an omnipotent God, it would be nice to have the inside scoop. If you are going to spend eternity in "heaven", what does the few short years we have here really matter. It would suck to die and realize you had been praying to the wrong God. Finding out before you go would allow you to pass on that information to your loved ones to ensure that you get to spend an eternity with them in the afterlife. Finding out that there is no afterlife would allow you to pass THAT information on ensuring that your loved ones live THIS life to the fullest, because this is the only one they are going to get. Either way, it would be an unburdening of the soul.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Breezy

nice one Gooch.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it was. Can'[t believe I am actually in contention for a change!!!!

May the best man win!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    I guess I would wish for spiritual enlightenment. I know this sounds cliche, but if there is an omnipotent God, it would be nice to have the inside scoop. If you are going to spend eternity in "heaven", what does the few short years we have here really matter. It would suck to die and realize you had been praying to the wrong God. Finding out before you go would allow you to pass on that information to your loved ones to ensure that you get to spend an eternity with them in the afterlife. Finding out that there is no afterlife would allow you to pass THAT information on ensuring that your loved ones live THIS life to the fullest, because this is the only one they are going to get. Either way, it would be an unburdening of the soul.
    What I would hate to happen is to get there and think, 'dear God, I wish I was alive'...

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I got it. This is it!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone really likes (liked) Budweiser.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    This doesn't exactly fit the requirements of the competition, but I want to share it anyway.

When I was younger, I was very sick... my organs were shutting down and my parents contacted the Make A Wish program to see if I qualified. While they waited for more information, my grandparents put a "wishing well" in my hospital room. They told me it was bottomless, the I could pick out a tiny wrapped present every day and make a wish. My grandfather told me it would only be empty when I was ready to go home. So, every day I opened a little toy or a book (this is how I got quite a few of my King paperbacks) and made a wish. Every day, there was another new gift in the tiny well. I learned years later that the nurse would sneak them in each night as I slept.

I guess Make a Wish asked my parents for possible "wishes" to be fulfilled... My parents asked me what I would like to do more than anything in the world, believing the answer would be my "dying wish". My answer?

Go home. I had been at the hospital for a long time, quarantined because of my suppressed immune system. I missed my little brother, my own bedroom, my favorite toys, my dog... I even missed my annoying neighbors. The doctors finally agreed to release me at my parents' request, because nothing was working and I kept getting worse. I knew it, too. I could tell something was wrong by the way the nurses stopped visiting just for fun and how sad they looked when they talked to me. I could see how worried the doctors looked whenever I had a new test done. And I knew that I felt very sick, I felt like I was dying.

I'll never forget when my grandfather came in the room and brought me the wishing well, only when I reached inside... it was empty. I'll never forget how he told me I could go home because I was all better, completely healthy. The nurses came in smiling and unhooked my IVs and all the other wires and tubes. They showed my mom and dad how to give me medicine. The doctors came in and hugged me, congratulating me. My mom cried a lot, but said she was just so happy I was okay. When I got home, my brother and I hugged for the first time in months. He said he was sorry for giving me the chicken pox (for my third time), which is what started my illness. He had missed me so much, he'd been sneaking in to sleep in my bed while I was gone. Now that I was home, he snuggled next to me every night until his pre-school started again.

I wanted to go back to school, but wasn't allowed. That's when the doctors finally told me I hadn't gotten any better, I was still sick and going to school could make me even worse. I had this long talk with the doctor about what that meant. That was the first time I remember understanding that all the adults believed I was dying... even my mom and dad. But not my grandfather. No, he insisted the doctors didn't know anything. I had to be healthy if the wishing well was empty, afterall. So my second wish - to go to school - was granted with the help of my grandfather.

Before we knew it, I was getting better. The doctors told us that, with the damage to my organs, I wouldn't live to see 13. When I turned 13, they said there was no way I would see 16. At 16, my expiration date was extended to 18... then 21... and finally I am immortal! Well, the doctors told me there is "no foreseeable death date in the future" which might as well mean eternal life. How did my body manage to keep defying the odds? Because of my grandfather's ability to convince me I was fine, and my ongoing dying wish... not to die.
    This is an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My dying wish would be to live a very long, happy, entertaining life alongside my wife, Amber.

And near the end, I want her to be the first to go.

Losing your soulmate must be the worst heartbreak in the world, I would never want to do that to her.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm dying of boredom at work right now, I wish it was 5!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna bump this up.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe so few people are interested in getting a free, shipping paid, signed SK 1/1.

There is a winning post...unless of course you know better
    Last edited by agrabin; 02-26-2013 at 01:46 AM.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, my dying wish would be to get a signed SK 1/1 from agrabin. And I will continue to post until I have it locked in. Since noone else is playing, I might have a dying wish every day for awhile.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

On a serious note, if I were to die today, my wish would be for my wife to find a good man that would treat her like a queen and be the best father to my children that he could possibly be, without trying to replace me in any of their hearts.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My dying wish is that I get be on a plane headed for Cali from Australia. On the way, the plane crashes on to a magical island where I and others try to figure out how to get home. We then find a hatch and discover a portal. Then I go back in time and eventually discover I'm already dead.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    I can't believe so few people are interested in getting a free, shipping paid, signed SK 1/1.

There is a winning post...unless of course know better
    So who's the winner?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Patience...unless of course there's someone out there called Patience, in which case it's not Patience...at least not yet...but if there is one - a Patience that is - she (or he if his parents had a macabre sense of humour) has ample time to submit a winning entry!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast