Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 714 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 453 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am currently reading Justin Cronin's "The Passage". So far so good!!! About 50-60 pages in, so far.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Wicked. Santa didn't know he was giving my kid a book with a bunch of bow-chick-wow-wow in it.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always wanted to read Wicked, but never have. I need to put it on the ever-growing list.

I'm currently re-reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I've always wanted to read Wicked, but never have. I need to put it on the ever-growing list.

I'm currently re-reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory.

Have you read her other books from The Tudor Series? My favorite so far is The Constant Princess - but I have not yet read The Wise Woman and The Other Queen.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, but I have the Boleyn Inheritance lined up to read soon after! I absolutely love The Other Boleyn Girl. Are the other books just as good?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I would say it is just as good as "Salem's Lot or The Shining.
    Good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I wonder if I will get through to reading all of Stephen King's books?
    Good luck!
    Does anybody want to join me? We could start a readers challenge!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"I am currently reading Justin Cronin's "The Passage". So far so good!!! About 50-60 pages in, so far."

Merlin-The Passage is a good choice. I thought this was a really fun read and can't wait for the next one.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished up Nekropolis by Tim Waggoner and thought it was wonderful, light, and witty. I'm now trying to get into Hell Hollow by Ronald Kelly but I am having a hard time with this one. Anyone else read Hell Hollow and have any comments on it. Is it worth plowing through or not?

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Nope, but I have the Boleyn Inheritance lined up to read soon after! I absolutely love The Other Boleyn Girl. Are the other books just as good?
    Yes, I liked all that I've read so far, but then I've always been interested in that period in English history, and read some non-fiction books about it.
    The Boleyn Inheritance was the first book that I read - then I found out it was somewhat in the middle of the story, so decided to start from the beginning (which is The Constant Princess - oh, how I want to visit the Alhambra palace, all after reading this book )
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dreamcatcher

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    I was thinking of reading SK Dead Zone since thats the only book left in this house I haven't read. Any thoughts on it before i do?
    The Dead Zone is one of King's best.
    Yes.
    YES. The Dead Zone is one I have read many times and enjoy it every single time.

I've reached W&G in my DT re-read. I've finally realized (even though I've read this book numerous times) what always bothered me about this book: It needs more Cuthbert story line.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I am currently reading Justin Cronin's "The Passage". So far so good!!! About 50-60 pages in, so far.
    Since it has been out, I have read The Passage 3 times! I can't get enough of it! I can't wait until the next book in the series comes out in 2012.

Gunslinger Apprentice 3 DOORS DOWN is on a distinguished road 3 DOORS DOWN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

STEVEN ERIKSON (THE BONEHUNTERS) BOOK 6 OF A TALE OF THE MALAZEN BOOK OF THE FALLEN.ALL 6 BOOKS HAVE BEEN A FANTASTIC READ.4 TO GO

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I bogged down in book 3 of the Malazan series. It's too confusing for me.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

DEAD ZONE was the first or second Stephen King book I ever read. Big thumbs up.

I really enjoyed reading WICKED. It's sequel SON OF A WITCH was good too, but the first was my fave.

Currently reading THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin. I'm on Chapter 15 and there's still a very long way to go. I am very much enjoying it.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I really enjoyed reading WICKED. It's sequel SON OF A WITCH was good too, but the first was my fave.

Currently reading THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin. I'm on Chapter 15 and there's still a very long way to go. I am very much enjoying it.
    I love Wicked and Son of Witch I want to read the others out there.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I am not liking Wicked much. I wanted story, not politics and religious ramblings.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I love Wicked and Son of Witch I want to read the others out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    I am not liking Wicked much. I wanted story, not politics and religious ramblings.
    You know what had a great story without much politics and religion? THE WIZARD OF OZ.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Angelic

Bite me.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Full Dark No Stars

By Stephen...something.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Along the Path of the Beam bettinas.ashes is on a distinguished road bettinas.ashes's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am currently reading both Danse Macabre and On Writing - both, of course, by Stephen King.
    I couldn't make up my mind about which one to start reading, so I went for both of them.
    Cam-a-cam-mal, Pria-toi, Gan delah

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just this moment finished "The Wolf's Hour" by Robert McCammon. Outstanding story! Picked it up the day after I finished "Swan Song". Now I have to decide if I want to read "Boys Life" or "Mine" next.

My Mood
    Angelic

I *knew* I read some McCammon before
    http://www.robertmccammon.com/novels/bethanys_sin.html

I'm reading "The Lies of Locke Lamora" by Scott Lynch right now, because some sorta cute nerds at the bookstore told me to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 714 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 453 ... LastLast