Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 262 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 6528

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I promised that I would not disclose the source, but the person involved got the information from CD.

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's a great letter David! I don't have a SODVOL1 ARC (yet), so can't compare them, but I'm glad my SODVOL2 ARC does not have any black magic marker letters on it. I bought it when CD offered it in a package with BLOCKADE BILLY and the SODVOL1 Gift Edition. I thought they were well worth the price charged!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the ebay-link jhanic , now i have both arcs

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to help!

John

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought this a few months ago and it was listed as "The Plant part two (unsigned proof)"
    Does it count as a proof or ?
    Itīs not signed or numbered

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The proofs I have are all marked, "Designer's Proof".

Country
    Country Flag

So this might be a leftover maybe ?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The proofs I have are all marked, "Designer's Proof".
    mine are all mark "Printer's Proof"

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't own any of these, so I have no opinion.

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I find that hard to believe...

that you have no opinion...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I find that hard to believe...

that you have no opinion...
    ..................or that he doesn't own a copy!!!!!! You're slipping "Proof-King"!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The prices for even the proofs of The Plant put them outside my range.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

In 1983 King wrote a four page introduction to an edition of Mary Shelley's FRANKENSTEIN. It was published in hardcover by Dodd, Mead and in trade paperback by Marvel. It contained illustrations by Bernie Wrightson and many consider these to be some of Wrightson's best work, maybe his crowning achievement. I've never seen a traditional proof or ARC of this book. But I just got a package that is pretty interesting. It contains three pre-publication states of the book.

The first is a blue line proof consisting of unbound signatures in the traditional blue ink.

The second is a set of uncut, unbound signatures with rough edges. The top edges of the pages are uncut and attached to the next page so you can't open them all the way.

The last is a "pre-bind copy" consisting of padded sheets with the blue free endpapers attached.

I'm not sure what to make of all of this. I think they are pretty neat, especially the blue line proof.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very, very cool (and interesting)!

Traveler Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Nice

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nicer.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

SWEET! And intriguing as heck!

Out of curiosity, why do you refer to the pages as "signatures"? Is that proof lingo? Or are you referencing something else?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Out of curiosity, why do you refer to the pages as "signatures"? Is that proof lingo? Or are you referencing something else?
    Definition: Several folios collected together for sewing as part of the bookbinding process make up a signature. Multiple signatures usually make up a book.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-you never cease to amaze me...I would like half of your sources!!

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

nicest!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Definition: Several folios collected together for sewing as part of the bookbinding process make up a signature. Multiple signatures usually make up a book.
    Are they the same as 'F&Gs'? And I haven't seen any prepublication states of graphic novels but is the 'blue ink' stage common to all of them? Very interesting...

In this case they are similar to F&Gs in that they are unbound folded and gathered signatures. But I don't think that "blues" (blue line proofs) are always in F&G format. I have seen some that were bound with black tape spines or with those clasps that hold pages with 2 punched holes in the pages. Nor are they limited to graphic novels. They are used in the process of printing most books, I think.

Here is a definition I found online: A proof made from the actual printing plates, so-called because of its blue color. A chance to get one more look at a printing job before it goes to the press.

I'm not an expert on this type of terminology by any means. I've just seen the term used over the years but have very little real knowledge on the process of publishing books.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Bob-you never cease to amaze me...I would like half of your sources!!
    No secret sources here. L. W. Currey on abebooks.com

Now Lloyd's sources, on the other hand, are some we would all like to have!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 262 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast