+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower music and such ::SPOILERS::

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fan-freaking-tastic! I heart you that much more because you use a Mac.

Can't wait for more!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

gorgeous
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I listened to Mansell's The Fountain for about a month and a half straight after I bought it. Listened to it exclusively when I read the book The Road. It's burned into my brain!

I would love an MP3 version of your track! I'll send you my contact info in a PM

Thanks in advance!

What are you currently listening too for music?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, the elusive boehmke has posted TWICE in the same thread! You KNOW he likes you, man.

Nice to see you again, boehmke.

You still owe me a print, remember? Or were you drunker than I was?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was bloody brilliant, man!! Very melancholic indeed... keep up the good work!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

John F. Kennedy Sylar is on a distinguished road Sylar's Avatar

I live in a quiet Victorian Seaside town in Somerset, England.
    Country
    Country Flag

Daghain, it's all about the Mac!

boehmke, The Fountain soundtrack is one of all time favourite soundtracks. It is beyond heavenly. That is the kind of sound i aspire to for sure. Epic and emotional.
    What am i listening to? Been listening to a lot of Danny Elfman recently, love the creepy, childish quality to his music. Also, as always, listening to my Chopin piano sonatas and Elgar's Cello concerto. My two favourite classical composers Also a little more odd ball, i have been listening to a composer called Gustaf Grefberg who wrote the music for a video game called the Darkness, really weird mix of Classical and Metal, hehe.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkwolf is on a distinguished road darkwolf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Thank you darkwolf! Very kind of you to say so. I use Logic 9 pro through an iMac. The program i used on this track Garritan personal orchestra through a standard midi keyboard.
    I am looking into scoring material for a proper string quartet to give me a more organic sound, but the beauty of this program is that i get to do a mock up and understand how the parts would work before doing the final score. Extremely cool program.
    That's awesome man! I'm gonna eventually learn this stuff... I've done some pretty crappy stuff on FL Studio. Well... I'd come up with the melodies and stuff and then my friend would arrange it on FL because I don't know how to use any of those programs. I did a track with him that we synced up to the Watchmen trailer, that's the closest I've come to creating the beginning of a score... If I can find the youtube link to it, I'll post it!
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Boehmke emailed me at work today and told me to come check this out, and so I did. I trust his taste in pretty much everything, and once again he was right. This was a truly beautiful composition, and I thought it really conveyed the mood from the dark tower you were going for.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

Ok Hannah, Boehmke and the rest of you lovely people, i will write a new song tonight and have it uploaded in the morning! You have no idea how encouraging these comments are to me. I am not here to show off i am sincerely interested with what people feel when they listen to my songs, especially big film and book fanatics! I want to do another Dark Tower fan piece but i am unsure as to what part of the seven books to base it on! I have done the Fall of Gilead, so i will do the first suggestion someone makes on this thread, i promise! Well, as long as it fits my tastes!
    Something epic, come on!

Country
    Country Flag

Oh! How about when Roland finally arrives at the Tower?!?!?!!?!?
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

Country
    Country Flag

Default My DT Music

Hey folks, i am back with another piece for the Unofficial Dark Tower soundtrack as promised. This piece is centered around the time just before Roland comes into Susan's life. The mood is sombre and introspective to begin with, symbolizing Susan's worries and frustrations. The mood then changes as a she finds her first true love, completely uplifting.
    Let me know your thoughts as they are always very welcome to read.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFhxN-v2eww"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFhxN-v2eww[/ame]

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, i knew someone was going to suggest that! You'll have to wait for that one till the very end of the soundtrack i am afraid, haha. Anymore suggestions for the next track? Oh check out the new one i did tonight in the other thread!

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Dude! You've done it again I seriously could listen to these two tracks all day.

And that's not just my OCD

You should check out this guys music I think you'll enjoy it!

http://www.adamhurststudio.com/

I look forward to another track!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

This is amazing!

Daghain, it's all about the Mac!

boehmke, The Fountain soundtrack is one of all time favourite soundtracks. It is beyond heavenly. That is the kind of sound i aspire to for sure. Epic and emotional.
    What am i listening to? Been listening to a lot of Danny Elfman recently, love the creepy, childish quality to his music. Also, as always, listening to my Chopin piano sonatas and Elgar's Cello concerto. My two favourite classical composers Also a little more odd ball, i have been listening to a composer called Gustaf Grefberg who wrote the music for a video game called the Darkness, really weird mix of Classical and Metal, hehe.
    Maybe that is why I can't stop listening this. The Fountain is my all time favorite movie without any hesitation. It's soundtrack and Danny Elfman's works are on my playlist, and today when I was on the bus, I realised I have been listening only them -except some favorite music- for a long, long time.

Soooo, Sylar, your work can only be 'weakly' defined with this word: Breathtaking.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! You're 2 for 2 now!

Country
    Country Flag

Yay! thanks guys! Worked into the small hours of this morning doing this one. Lots of jasmine tea got me through though! You guys have already been so kind but may i ask a favour for all of those of you who are on Facebook? I have a music page up and need some more fans, awww. Type Ryan Collier into the search bar and look for my page, in the picture i am playing a white guitar. If you could join the group and show some more support i would be eternally grateful! Thank you!
    Checked out Adam Hurst and thought it was stunning stuff. Makes me think about hiring a real string section to play the parts as that cello sounded heavenly! Cheers for the link!

Done.

Country
    Country Flag

Legend!

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe that is why I can't stop listening this. The Fountain is my all time favorite movie without any hesitation. It's soundtrack and Danny Elfman's works are on my playlist, and today when I was on the bus, I realised I have been listening only them -except some favorite music- for a long, long time.

Soooo, Sylar, your work can only be 'weakly' defined with this word: Breathtaking.

I am honestly not paying Melike to say these things, she is just being way too kind! Yeah, The Fountain soundtrack is beyond awesome, doesn't get much better

I am honestly not paying Melike to say these things, she is just being way too kind! Yeah, The Fountain soundtrack is beyond awesome, doesn't get much better
    Wow! Just listened Modern Espionage and Glasgow Love theme. I decided not to say how awesome they are, because if I do, they will understandthink *cough* you paid me with cheesecakes and pizzas.

Country
    Country Flag

Hahaha! It's our secret ok! I am glad you liked them The songs, not the cheesecake

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf View Post
    Awesome! You're 2 for 2 now!
    Second to that!! Awesome!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Country
    Country Flag

Yay! thanks guys! Worked into the small hours of this morning doing this one. Lots of jasmine tea got me through though! You guys have already been so kind but may i ask a favour for all of those of you who are on Facebook? I have a music page up and need some more fans, awww. Type Ryan Collier into the search bar and look for my page, in the picture i am playing a white guitar. If you could join the group and show some more support i would be eternally grateful! Thank you!
    Checked out Adam Hurst and thought it was stunning stuff. Makes me think about hiring a real string section to play the parts as that cello sounded heavenly! Cheers for the link!
    Done!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast