Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Solar is on a distinguished road Solar's Avatar

That's the first thing that popped into my head too... I hope it's unique in some fashion.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    That's the first thing that popped into my head too... I hope it's unique in some fashion.
    From the official description it sounds like it's not.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    Anyone here able to verify any of the following info?

1500? signed collector's sets (S/Ls) will be available for preorder.

Nothing more unique to the book other than the Signature. Not Numbered? Is that even a S/L? I believe there were around 40 signed collectors sets of JAS. From Odessey Bookstore? I don't hear them referred to as S/Ls.

Looks like better than 1500 signed trade editions to be available for all the signings?

Just trying to get my head around all this as the pre-order date is coming up. Thanx Guys
    The signed collector's edition copies of JAS are just that, copies of the collector's edition that King signed for the bookstore while he was in town. Are they any different from a S/L of the collector's edition of UTD that comes with everything the regular CE comes with and nothing more and isn't numbered? Nope. I hope the S/L will have more to it than just King's signature because it's not much of a S/L if that's all there is to it.

I have decided not to bother with it though and will go to Atlanta for the signing there... I hope. $125 is a bit much to pay such a large publisher for nothing more than a signature and a potentially costly precident to set as well. Looking forward to reading the book though.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Along the Path of the Beam pdj is on a distinguished road

I wonder if they will charge credit cards upon ordering, or upon shipping (like Amazon).

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Any guesses as to how long this book will be on-sale? The signed edition. I'll be at work, and can't access the site from here.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam, with 1500 copies up for sale, I think it should last a couple days at least. I think. Maybe take a sick day?

John

My Mood
    Gay

*cough*cough*

I think I feel the pandemic coming on.

*cough*cough*

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I don't understand the sudden hesitation in the book now.

Sure it's "a signature" on a book - but aren't we the same people who have paid thousands of dollars for second market SL editions? We are getting a signed limited edition (whatever the construction may be) for a brand new novel by King directly for the publisher at a price that, IMO, is fairly cheap!

If I could I'd buy two.

On a seperate note - I happened to be doing some work from home today and The Simpsons movie was on. Has anyone seen it? The government seals Springfeild in a glass dome. It is oddly enough like King's description. I'm not a Simpsons fan so its weird that I even caught it...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not allowed to get this S/L from the publisher so I'm not feeling the same anticipation as you guys Anyway, does anybody think it's likely that the cover of the S/L will be unveiled tomorrow? If it's the same as the trade edition then the cover will have to remain a secret and in that case, you guys will effectively buy a book of which you don't know what it looks like. I don't see that happening though, so my guess is that the S/L will definitely be more than just a pimped-up trade with a signature

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My question:

Will these be the same special features as the Collector's Set, including a signature?

John
    Ms Mod's response:

That's my understanding. Here's the link to Scribner's page for the signed edition that gives the description and links to the others.
    Here's the link mentioned:

http://promo.simonandschuster.com/un...me_StephenKing

John

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I'm not allowed to get this S/L from the publisher so I'm not feeling the same anticipation as you guys Anyway, does anybody think it's likely that the cover of the S/L will be unveiled tomorrow? If it's the same as the trade edition then the cover will have to remain a secret and in that case, you guys will effectively buy a book of which you don't know what it looks like. I don't see that happening though, so my guess is that the S/L will definitely be more than just a pimped-up trade with a signature
    AHhhhh now I get it. Sorry. I can be insensitive sometimes. Again, I don't get the whole shipping thing. I bet there is some big baby at the publishers office who just doesnt want to ship. Ugh

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i think its gonna be the exact same as the JAS collectors edition that king signed for the odyssey bookstore. i hope im wrong though!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ah thanks John, I guess I missed that somehow. Not living in the US (and missing out on the limited and King's tour) the only UTD-related news that penetrates my thick skull concerns the proofs

Country
    Country Flag

Kenny, insensitive? I don't follow you

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have added that in an earlier posting, Ms Mod stated that the signatures would be tipped in and that they probably would not be numbered. What this amounts to, then, is a signed Collector's Set. Of course, for $125 additional, you DO get an authentic King autograph.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Getting ready for the party

http://countdown.onlineclock.net/
    Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    The counter is till September 19.
    The book goes on sale tomorrow, September 15.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    *cough*cough*

*cough*cough*
    Oh Pam. Sorry to hear about your 24 hour bug. You should stay under your dome for one day just to make sure you don't start an epidemic.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Getting ready for the party

http://countdown.onlineclock.net/
    Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    The counter is till September 19.
    The book goes on sale tomorrow, September 15.

Weird. When I click on it the setting shows:

Counting down until September 15, 2009 09:00:00 or change. [ Popular Countdowns ]

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    *cough*cough*

*cough*cough*
    Oh Pam. Sorry to hear about your 24 hour bug. You should stay under your dome for one day just to make sure you don't start an epidemic.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Excellent advice, Doctor Mulleins, excellent advice.

I have no hesitation - I want a signed UTD !!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm...I am less excited about this now that I am hearing it might not be numbered.

But I guess a "tipped-in" signature sheet, will set it apart from the collector's edition.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Forgive my ignorance....but what does "tipped-in" actually mean ? lol...thanks

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    They glue it in after the book is bound.

Most S/L are like this, even the ones from Grant. Theres a few high end small presses that have bound-in signature sheets.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the first I've heard of a tipped in sig. Suddenly I'm less interested in this than I was a minute ago. I have one of those signed UK Bag of Bones with a tipped in sig card. I've always thought of it as a second class member of my signed collection. Silly, I know.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    They glue it in after the book is bound.

Most S/L are like this, even the ones from Grant. Theres a few high end small presses that have bound-in signature sheets.

Thank you very much !! I thought maybe it meant that it was a signed sheet that was loosely laid in the book, but I get it now. Thanks for the explanation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast