Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes -- watch out for **SPOILERS**

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

SPOILERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Why did Sylar kill Elle? He already had her power. That was lame.
    I think it is not only about power; as Sylar has said ''nobody really changes''.

Sylar is a villain. (Still not sure but...)
    Spoiler:
    -Elle:"You're hurting me." -Sylar: "I know"

And, to me, at last he's back. (I hope it will not change again, because, in the episode ''I Am Become Death''
    Spoiler:
    future Sylar was a good person and has a son, learned to controll his hunger

And remember Noah says
    Spoiler:
    that Arthur and Angela aren’t Sylar’s parents, and they are manipulating him and using as a gun,
    to Sylar. This can be another reason for Sylar to
    Spoiler:
    kill Elle.

Because he says he knows neither one of them is going to change because they’re damaged gods. Maybe he thinks Elle was one of the people
    Spoiler:
    who lied to him about his parents.

And on NBC's official Heroes site you can see
    Spoiler:
    Kristen Bell starring in the next episode ''Our Father''.

Maybe it is just about her ending, or maybe something unexpected will happen.

P.S.: These guys are fun!

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am very unhappy that it appears Sylar is returning to villain status. He was so much more interesting as a conflicted hero. The other thing that bothers me, though, is that he is supposed to have the power to see how things work, how to fix them. I thought that was what he was doing...playing Arthur Petrelli because he had a grand plan for setting things right. But his behavior in both of the eclipse episodes contradicts that theory, so now I don't know. Damnit.

Hannah brought it to my attention the other night that 10 year old Hiro seems to use his power much more effectively than present day Hiro, which I find hilarious.
    Heng Dai

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I don't know why Elle didn't just blast his ass. She did it before.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Mohinder has gone from idiot to pathetic idiot. Mooning after plague-girl.

And Nathan leaving Peter in the jungle. That was cold. Could have dropped him off in a town or something.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

How did Daddy Petrelli go back in time BEFORE he got Hiro's power?

How did Daddy Petrelli go back in time BEFORE he got Hiro's power?
    Yeah, that's a very good question.
    We know that there can exist people more than one, who has the same ability(example: Usutu and Isaac Mendez both has precognition) and maybe some time in the past Arthur may took the ability from somebody else who has the same power with Hiro.

And generally I like the episode ''Our Father''.
    And I have realised again how much I don't like Peter. He is more stupid than Mohinder. The scene between Haitian, Peter and Arthur:

Sylar is back at last. As I've said before I like the way he is as the perfect villain.

Country
    Country Flag

Petrelli was able to go back in time because he stole Peter's powers, and Peter absorbed Hiro's power during the first season. I'm sure everyone remembers Peter going back and forth through time during the beginning of this season.
    Heng Dai

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Petrelli was able to go back in time because he stole Peter's powers, and Peter absorbed Hiro's power during the first season. I'm sure everyone remembers Peter going back and forth through time during the beginning of this season.
    Oh, yes, how could I forget this!
    Thanks Aaron.

That's right. Duh. So he just took Hiro's powers to be a pain. Hiro sure didn't hang on to that catalyst very long, did he?

And, Mohinder actually did something smart. He didn't inject himself with the stuff first. I figured he would insist since he really needs it and he wouldn't wait to see if it really worked. But then he was just standing there saying nothing while Daddy was talking about only making up 50 doses, for the marines. He didn't even say "Uh, excuse me... can I have one too?"

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why did Sylar kill Elle? He already had her power. That was lame.
    We saw him start to cut her head, but we don't know if she is dead yet do we?

(Actually, some of you might as I think you're slightly ahead of us on the other side of the pond. We caught up when you had the week off though... so I don't think there is much in it.)

I'm finding it a bit annoying how changeable Sylar is becoming. I thought to start with that he was just testing the ground but had his own agenda (although I think he genuinely wanted to do the right thing.) Now he just seems to sway either side.

I'm not a hater of season 3, but the unrealistic changing of characters is one of it's main problems I think. We've seen this in Sylar, Peter and Suresh. And now Suresh suddenly has decided his Father's plans are the right way to go. After coming across one guy who misuses his power....

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure she was dead since he set her body on fire.
    Heng Dai

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Damn! I've had to avoid this thread because I had 3 episodes to catch up on.

First off: I'm glad that Sylar has returned to being a villain. The whole "I wanna be better" crap was getting on my nerves. I like for him to stir things up. I'm also glad that it was revealed that the Peterllis weren't really his parents. That whole plot twist was lame.

I'm curious about the whole reference to Ando getting powers to save Hiro. I remember on one of the early episodes of this seasons Hiro saw Ando in another time with powers and he was a villain, wasn't he??

Gunslinger Apprentice Chasing Dragons is on a distinguished road

Did anybody notice that the marine guy who was testing the serum (which is straight up Captain America, isn't it?) was the same actor who played the gay boyfriend who impregnates Jena Malone in Saved? Chad Faust, I guess his name is.

I liked the episode. I don't think Sylar necessarily took Elle's powers. She still had the crown of her skull on before he immolated her. I think it was more symbolic of his cutting ties to "the company". He is now probably on the run from Pinehearst, as well as being the nemesis of the core heroes, in my opinion.

The Nathan thing was kinda lame. I mean, his reason for becoming part of Pinehearst is what, now? I didn't quite follow his sudden change of heart. By his logic, giving people powers would eliminate the ills of the world? That goes against my Marxist principles!
    Also, yeah, Hiro didn't have the catalyst for that long. Not nearly as long as the build-up would suggest. Anyways, haven't they already shown that it's a fucking bitch to change the future?

That being said, and despite the shows flaws, I am still enjoying the season. I'm still not quite sure what they're building up to, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Damn! I've had to avoid this thread because I had 3 episodes to catch up on.

First off: I'm glad that Sylar has returned to being a villain. The whole "I wanna be better" crap was getting on my nerves. I like for him to stir things up. I'm also glad that it was revealed that the Peterllis weren't really his parents. That whole plot twist was lame.

I'm curious about the whole reference to Ando getting powers to save Hiro. I remember on one of the early episodes of this seasons Hiro saw Ando in another time with powers and he was a villain, wasn't he??
    Somebody feels the same with me!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Dragons View Post
    I don't think Sylar necessarily took Elle's powers. She still had the crown of her skull on before he immolated her. I think it was more symbolic of his cutting ties to "the company".
    He didnt need to. He already absorbed her ability two episodes previous.
    Heng Dai

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And what did you think of the developments of tonight's episode? Ando, Hiro, and all that jazz
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

I think Nathan is a poo-poo head.

Glad that Claire took out Sylar, but how much you wanna bet it will be Sylar that comes to the rescue when they all get caught?

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still kind of undecided on how I feel about the volume three finale...I DO love how they tied up a lot of cool little back-story things, with the torn formula and all. I also liked the Sylar arc quite a bit in this one.

But with everything else, I'm not really sure how much I liked it. Parts of it seemed a little rushed, like they couldn't really think of anything else, and the deadline was fast approaching. Maybe a re-watch will help me out a bit.

I guess I'll dwell on it until February 2'rd, when volume four starts.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's all working toward the inevitable destruction of their world, and it will be Nathan who causes it. Sounds like comic book logic to me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

It seems like there were so many things that were done and then dropped. Like Peter needing Sylar's ability? That didn't go anywhere. And so does he have the overwhelming urge to cut off peoples skulls again? That was never mentioned again.

I think Nathan is a poo-poo head.

Glad that Claire took out Sylar, but how much you wanna bet it will be Sylar that comes to the rescue when they all get caught?
    So right.

It seems like there were so many things that were done and then dropped. Like Peter needing Sylar's ability? That didn't go anywhere. And so does he have the overwhelming urge to cut off peoples skulls again? That was never mentioned again.
    I don't think these things were dropped, they may be extended over a period of time.

Country
    Country Flag

I am totally jazzed for volume 4. Granted, it does change the game pretty much permanently, but I think it is a great storyline. I've always been pulling for Nathan to get his head out of his ass and just be a good guy, but I guess that's never going to happen now that he's gone all Hitlerish. The teaser looked really good, though. And this will also be a good opportunity to bring back in the characters that fell by the wayside in volume three, like Micah and his cousin.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Peter's need went away when Arthur stole his power from him. Easy way to wrap up a bad story idea there.
    Nathan was always going to be a bad guy. You knew that when you learned he was a politician. All he really looks out for is himself when it comes down to it.
    I like Sylar as the ultimate villain though. He's just the boogeyman incarnate in my opinion, but he needs an opposite. Peter was great as that opposite, so I'm hoping he has the sponge ability back. We'll see come Feb. (and why the hell do we have to wait so fucking long. what kind of sense is that you bastards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I am totally jazzed for volume 4. Granted, it does change the game pretty much permanently, but I think it is a great storyline. I've always been pulling for Nathan to get his head out of his ass and just be a good guy, but I guess that's never going to happen now that he's gone all Hitlerish. The teaser looked really good, though. And this will also be a good opportunity to bring back in the characters that fell by the wayside in volume three, like Micah and his cousin.
    Me, too.

It is unbelievable and amazing to see how things happen in the same way they are going to come about.
    I mean, they did everything to change the future, but all the things they have done just served to build up the future they were trying to change and avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Peter's need went away when Arthur stole his power from him. Easy way to wrap up a bad story idea there.
    Nathan was always going to be a bad guy. You knew that when you learned he was a politician. All he really looks out for is himself when it comes down to it.
    I like Sylar as the ultimate villain though. He's just the boogeyman incarnate in my opinion, but he needs an opposite. Peter was great as that opposite, so I'm hoping he has the sponge ability back. We'll see come Feb. (and why the hell do we have to wait so fucking long. what kind of sense is that you bastards.)
    That's the question, did Peter get all his powers back or just the sponge power and flying was the first thing picked up (due to being with Nathan). Does he have to start all over? Technically I think it should be that way, but who knows how that will go. I know if I were him the first thing I would do is go visit Claire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That's the question, did Peter get all his powers back or just the sponge power and flying was the first thing picked up (due to being with Nathan). Does he have to start all over? Technically I think it should be that way, but who knows how that will go. I know if I were him the first thing I would do is go visit Claire.
    But Peter saves Nathan, there. Peter is the one who flies first. Doesn't he need to see the ability perfomed in front of him, to absorbe the power?(There are exceptions like phasing ability, I know) And then, the only thing he has to do is to remember the original source of the power to use it.
    If he gets his empathic mimicry power back, I think that means he has all the other powers back. Because he still knows/can remember sources of the powers he has absorbed.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast